[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Maho2036o(1).png (178 KB, 360x537)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
I just turned 24 but people at school keep being surprised I'm allowed to drink and one even mistook me for one of the early college highschool students. I don't even where a bunch of makeup or anything.

I'm curious what is it that makes us look young for our age. I get why boymoder s and early T FtMs do. But you'd think MtF would look older due to being a it more masculine which we generally associate with older women. But despite that people tend to think we are younger.
>>
>>35514286
Also I am tall on top of this 5'9" it's really weird.
>>
>>35514286
cis women go outside and damage their skin with makeup and the sun, go to parties and take drugs, use their face to express emotions etc, trans girls skip all of that
>>
I've wondered about this a lot too. There's a lot of reasons, I think. You're a shut-in 4chan tranny and probably spend a lot of time inside and away from the sun. You have nuked T and high E, probably If you're a brainworm victim (I know you are), you are probably weirdly obsessed with skincare. We all assume a basic skincare routine is default here, but I'm always surprised to find the cis women at my work habitually neglect their skin. Also, when you're a woman people will scrape a few years off when they tell you how old they think you look. I think it's just a lot of things all combined.
>>
>>35515160
Yay autism. I've been making more expressions recently that is concerning.

Does makeup actually age skin. I mostly just wear mascara and SPF
>>
>>35515160
Awesome day to be shut in autistic ftm reppresor
>>
>>35515242
Honestly my skin care routine is super simple.

I just put SPF on every day and wash my face with gentle cleanser. I considered retinol but am sus on it because it makes skin more photosensitive which might increase damage and aging.
>>
File: 1683648408986669.jpg (237 KB, 1280x1168)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>35515160
my face is deeply wrinkled with smile lines because life is one big fucking joke
>>
>>35514286
Same. I'm 30 but still get carded buying alcohol and lotto. I think it's a combination of being a shut-in and laser removing my beard shadow. My face also has like no laugh lines because nothing makes me happy so i just resting bitch faced my entire life so far. Plus probably because I started doing skincare.
>>
>>35515255
well it's never going to be good for your skin but it's not that big a deal if you're otherwise diligent about your skincare. you aren't going to be doing the dumb shit most young teen girls do when they first start using makeup. hair dye is terrible though if you ever get into that
>>
>>35515424
I don't even touch hair die NGL. I have a fine hair texture so my hair gets damaged easily so I pretty much just avoid heat most heat styling and dyes.
>>
>>35515284
The fact that you even do that and have the knowledge to consider and ultimately decide against retinol puts you above most cis women in that regard. The average person legit does not take care of their skin properly, and many who do try just end up misusing products. I've mentioned my basic skincare stuff at work (wash, exfoliate sometimes, moisturizer, SPF) and there are always people who think I'm a weirdo for wearing sunscreen. A lot of non-trans-related things that are normal for us are not normal for outsiders because we have our own culture and norms.
>>
>>35515255
I always hear "don't sleep in your makeup, it will ruin your skin!!" from cis ppl as like the obvious thing everybody knows. but then they also say "no, makeup doesn't make your skin worse you just hate women." Well if it's bad for your skin at night, I'm pretty sure it's bad for your skin during the day too! The Earth's rotation shouldn't affect whether or not makeup is bad for you!!
>>
>>35514286
People usually guess around 20-23 when they guess my age. I turn 28 in like 2 days
Honestly it's better to just enjoy it, I think. It won't last for any of us.
>>
>>35515160
I only started smiling after starting transition. Am I gonna grow old now?
>>
>>35516010
I always thought they meant it gives you acne if you don't wash it off

>>35516049
thats fair worrying about it just makes it harder to enjoy
>>
>>35516123
yes, stop smiling now or regret it later. you cannot show any emotion.
>>
>>35516261
yeah, if it's bad to wear it for 20 hrs it's probably also bad to wear it for 12 hours
>>
>>35516634
It's bad to wear it in any situation where you're likely to sweat, since it will block your pores and cause significant irritation. Sleep is one of those situations.

That and makeup can clump up at night leading things to look worse in the morning. Cis women say it can make wrinkles appear faster because of that but I'm really not sure. I know the under eye area is sensitive so maybe the bags will be worse, but my under-eye bags are awful already anyways.
>>
>>35515160
>trans girls dont go to parties and take drugs
anon doesnt dance huh
>>
>>35518592
I really don't dance. I couldn't look at myself or let others look at me. I might be able to later in transition
>>
>>35515284
I think the combination of retinoids + computer screens aged my face. my face looks haggard about 85% of the time if I'm applying retinoids, they cut down a little on acne and rough texture on my forehead but honestly aren't worth it most of the time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.