[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How did you learn to do eyeliner?
>>
by fucking up a lot
>>
>>35539088
just keep practicing and practicing
>>
>>35539088
trial and error. My first pair of wings took like 3 hours to get right. I watched a lot of tutorials for help but none really helped. I have hooded deep set eyes so yeah. These days I don’t do eye liner anymore because it’s a hassle
>>
>>35539088
Use a pencil liner and keep qtips and micellar water to edit as you go

Also learn about your eyeshape and what techniques work best for it
>>
By fucking up a lot. I never learned how to do the wings well enough to go out with, so I just tightline black along the lash line to make the whites of my eyes pop a bit more. It ends up looking more feminine than bare, but still natural. Most of the men at my work don't even seem to know I wear makeup.
>>35539133
I always use a fine-tip liquid liner. The Maybelline Master Precise one, nothing fancy. Do you have any tips for using the pencils? I've always found them finicky.
+++ for the qtips and micellar though
>>
>>35539088
cis woman taught me
>>
>>35539188
>I always use a fine-tip liquid liner.
So what happens when this gets into your eye?
>>
>>35539250
why would you put it in your eye?
>>
>>35539088
i read a book
>>
>>35539250
I don't know what you mean. I poke myself on accident every now and then if I'm rushing, but it's not really a big deal. The only thing that I've noticed happening is I get black eye crusties in the morning, just like when you get home late and miss a spot when you're taking it off.
>>35539255
You poke yourself sometimes and it sucks. I don't know why there would be a difference between liquid and solid liners getting in there, though. They're both foreign substances all the same.
>>35539224
Lucky! All the cis women in my life are bare-faced dykes who couldn't have taught me even if they wanted to lmao
>>
When I learned red was a possibility
>>
>>35539088
Practice with liquid eye liner, super easy to use a small piece of toilet paper or something to fix it, thin out uneven spots, etc.
>>
>>35539255
When I try to tightline im freaked out I am going to accidently put on too much and it will flow into my eye or that I will mess up trying to get that last bit of pink and paint my eyeball.
>>
>>35539340
I've read people say pencils are easier. Why is liquid easier?

I used to paint intricate detail on model kits so I have the hand eye coordination. Mostly its the mirror hand coordination deal that messes me up.
>>
>>35539475
liquid goes on like a marker almost, while pencils can feel kind of like an oil pastel at times. gel goes on like paint. people get opinionated about their preferred liners
>>
How does eyeliner get along with sunscreen? My dermatologist has me wearing spf50+ every day.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.