[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lvulq01h1o041 (1).jpg (53 KB, 599x576)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
My one partner is a felon who has NPD and OCPD with borderline traits. We have some similarities, we're both cold and unemotional, but my coldness tastes like apathy and his coldness tastes like malice. But I'm the one person he's comfortable being vulnerable around, and hes even gotten me to be vulnerable around him too. He respects and idealizes me highly. His mind was very warped by abuse she faced in the Jehovah's Witnesses growing up and for some reason he's come to sort of see me as a superior despite his industriousness and my lack of volition. In a way what I provide to his is a sort of black hole in volition-space.
>>
>>36344818
are you his girlboss wife for his sigma grinded ness? thats so cute.
>>
>>36344818
Yeah we're all mentally ill. What do you think why we relate with trannies so well? I'm not dating trannies because I like being spat on in the streets...
>>
>>36344818
>my coldness tastes like apathy and his coldness tastes like malice
funny, was other way around with the ex
>>
File: file.png (192 KB, 803x582)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>36344818
Personality disorders aren't real. They're literally a way for psychiatrist to diagnose you with being an arsehole so they don't have to do any work.

Every last diagnostic criteria is a Barnum statement. It's as scientific as astrology. Which is why psychiatric nurses fucking love them because they get to feel smart diagnosing literally everyone with a "personality disorder" by just taking whatever their feeling is in the moment after which everything they observe will confirm what they've already decided is true.

Take BPD for example, Do you:
>Have trouble finding and keeping romantic partners?
>Feel bad about yourself or feel like you're not as good as you should be sometimes?
>Sometimes do something you know is wrong because you just can't help yourself?
>Hate break ups?
>Get really upset sometimes?
>Sometimes feel like your life isn't very fufilling?

If you answer yes to any of these questions then you either have Borderline Personality Disorder, or are a perfectly normal human being because literally everyone goes though these things, it's called being alive.
>>
>>36345148
Except it's not. The personality disorders aren't just normal behavior, they are extrem versions of normal behavior. They must be by definition outside the norm.

For example splitting is not just:
>Get really upset sometimes?
It's switching from thinking a person is literally perfect to thinking a person is an absolute piece of shit that is surely just hurting you, within a heartbeat. Normal people don't do that. They don't think in such extremes, they have degrees in between and don't just swap from one extreme to the other.
>>
>>36345148
>let's talk about this bullshit instead!
every single time
>>
>>36345041
How so?
>>
>>36345273
felt like she was annoyed by many things about me, and grew to resent and despise me. would get quite heartless at times
may have been more to do with the tons of shit she was dealing with, of course, and she did sometimes reveal a certain type of self-blame/hate which I didn't let fly
>>
>>36345148
>Barnum effect is manifested in response to statements that are called "Barnum statements", meaning that general characterizations attributed to an individual are perceived to be true for them, even though the statements are such generalizations that they could apply to almost anyone
neat, TIL
>>
>>36345210
>Normal people don't do that. They don't think in such extremes
Firstly, what you're describing is bipolar disorder, which is not a personality disorder and has a completely different treatment.
Secondly, normal people absolutely do do this. Everyone has crises, everyone has their limit.
Thirdly, as an extension of the second point, that is not how the diagnosis is used in practice.

In practice a psychiatric nurse will attend someone in crisis at the invitation of police, observe someone in conflict with police, and conclude that the crisis is caused by a personality disorder as evidenced by the patient being in conflict with the police. Meaning the psyciatric nurse who works with the police will diagnose 100% of patients with a personality disorder.

Because the diagnostic criteria are Barnum statements. They sound like they apply specifically, but they actually apply so broadly that they are, in fact, describing normal human behaviour.
>>
File: file.png (3.14 MB, 3325x1461)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>36345390
What's TIL?
>>
>>36346210
today i learned
>>
>>36346253
TIL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.