[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>watch 2000s comedy
>tranny joke
>>
File: 1687201986134813.jpg (58 KB, 720x540)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>36347759
>watch family friendly cartoon
>joke about a guy getting raped
>>
>>36347759
>watch 2000s comedy
>tranny joke
>the joke is that the girl is too perfect to be true so she has to "be a dude"
>the joke's mostly on the guy who's misses out by rejecting her

>watch 2020s comedy
>white man bad joke
>tranny character, the worst hon you've ever seen
>every line relating to her has to affirm just how fierce and stunning she is

you don't know how good you had it
>>
>>36347759
It feels really bad
>>
>>36347759

Everyone still thinks youre a joke theyre just too afraid to admit it publicly.
>>
I was pretty dense back then little me was confused why they were being so mean to the pretty women
>>
>>36347846
>the joke's mostly on the guy who's misses out by rejecting her
the fuck kinda 2000s comedies are you watching

most the time it was "huh look at this sad old man who wants to be a lady" or "uh oh the lady I hooked up with was a TRANNY! GROSSSS"

then occasionally you would get pioneers such as south park with early versions of the "I identify as an attack helicopter" joke
>>
>>36348938
good chaser
>>
>>36348958
I don't look at cis women with any sexual desire and they don't have any interest towards me either my heart belongs to trans women fuck the 2000s
>>
>>36348968
Yay :)

Imma go eat spicy meatballs and noodles
>>
>>36348958
i had the same perception as >>36347846, that the joke is usually that a guy meets a gigapassoid who likes pizza and darts or some shit, like in the IT crowd
>to think you were so worried when we started dating that you were from Iran
> ... I said I used to be a man
>>
>>36347766
one thing I appreciate about Danny Devito is that when he joined the cast of "always sunny in Philadelphia" is he refused to do any prison rape jokes
>>
>>36348958
It's Always Sunny and IT Crowd both had this exact plotline. The latter notably written by Glinner who later spiraled into tranny derangement. There's shitty stereotyping in the vein of she basically has man hobbies and man taste in things, but in both cases the guy rejecting them over being trans is presented as the clown and loser in the situation.
>>
>>36348992
the thing that everyone always misses was that, for its time, The IT Crowd episode was actually pretty good representation.

At the time "bloke in a dress" was seen as the peak of Bongland humor. and its not just guys doing drag or crossdressing either, you had characters like Emily Howard in Little Britain or the cab driver in League of Gentlemen who were quite pointed parodies of trans women, it was basically a stock character.

then you the trans woman in the IT Crowd episode. she is played by an attractive cis woman, she is shown as being skilled in her profession and is generally the "perfect woman". She even discloses upfront like a good troon. I mean there are some gags about her having male interests, but that is shown as making her more attractive. Oh and theres a comedy fight scene at the end. Outside of that all the comedy comes from Matt Berry's character being a buffoon about the whole thing.

it was INCREDIBLY progressive for the time, which makes it all the more surprising that Glinner became king transphobe troll. I imagine if he wrote it again today the trans woman would be played as a creepy pervert by himself
>>
>>36347766
kek kiddy the kitty
>>
>>36348994
I learn a new way he's based every day. I also learn a new way England sucks everyday
>>
File: 1719689139745d.png (230 KB, 643x535)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>36348898
>>
>>36347846
>the joke is that the girl is too perfect to be true so she has to "be a dude"
Name 5 examples
>>
>>36349053
Glinner is a bitter repper desu
>>
>>36348999
>It's Always Sunny
first hot tranner plotline I saw
>>
>It might not sound like much, but all of this was pretty fresh and progressive at the time, especially for a 2000s-era sitcom that's famous for being dark and edgy. The supposedly tamer "How I Met Your Mother," for instance, was far more thoughtless and cruel with its jokes about trans people. Not only is there a six-year-long running gag about Ted's biggest fear being that a woman he dates will turn out trans, but it seemed pretty clear that neither the characters nor the writers considered trans women to be anything more than men playing pretend.

>The fact that "Always Sunny" treated Carmen as a woman, even back in 2005 with their questionable jokes, is a lot more impressive considering how transphobic the average sitcom was at the time. "Mac Fights Gay Marriage" came out in 2010, the same year "Family Guy" aired that horrendous "Quagmire's Dad" episode where Brian vomits for thirty seconds straight at the realization he slept with a transwoman
show had its moments
>>
File: 1710968799949.jpg (230 KB, 909x602)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
early on in how i met your mother ted is thinking about worst case scenarios regarding robin and one of them is him imagining walking into the mens bathroom and seeing her peeing by a urinal. was kinda bummed it turned out to be wrong, show would have been a lot better with a cute canadian tranner main love interest :'(
>>
>>36349332
Dark Angel S1E9
side character, Normal, starts dating a lady, Louise, and the other characters transvestigate her and inform Normal because he has to know. Normal decides he doesn't care after finding out because he's head over heels for her and wants to pursue a serious relationship; only for Louise to reveal she's a transbian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Rysm-_bPs
>>
>>36347846
See this is why I watch intellectual French comedians whose bits have me requiring a dictionary to understand the big boy words.
>>
older tranny jokes are actually funny cuz they weren't just some chud saying "ywnbaw lol" there are still funny ones tho i liked the south park one where they made fun of self-id.
>>
>>36350564
>i liked the south park one where they made fun of self-id.
whats the point of making fun of some teenage tumblr subculture on that scale lol are they just virtue signalling to their audience

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.