[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9894.jpg (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
What would your reaction be if your long term partner attempted suicide completely out of nowhere & didn’t say goodbye to you before doing it or give you any sort of heads up? How would you react when they get out of the ward? I feel incredibly betrayed and I’m not entirely some this is something I want to continue when they get out. I want a future with someone and I’m not going to get that with someone who keeps trying to not have a future at all.
>>
sorry but i can't connect with your neuralink and analyze your relationship but i would try couple therapy as soon as they feel a bit better
>>
I would probably dump them yeah. It's fine to feel horrible like that but not telling me and just going for it? How am I ever supposed to feel safe about you?
>>
>>36349433
If it goes anything like the last time this happened, they’re going to be incredibly mean and awful towards me over text when they get their phone back and break up with me for a few months again. I was saving up to get us an apartment but I don’t know if I can justify doing that anymore. I don’t want to come home one day to a corpse.
>>
>>36349420
>someone who keeps trying to not have a future at all
If they survived the attempt, that means they didn't really want to die, but just draw attention to themselves. If they really didn't want to have a future they'd choose a method that leaves no chance of survival, like jumping from a building, gunshot to the head, jumping under a train etc
>>
>>36349433
ya ngl, i'd break up with them, too. wtf is this, man. even when i heard rumors of my internet friend attempting, when i reached out to conform, i told her that if she ever really felt like doing, i would feel incredibly betrayed if she didn't at least try to reach out to me beforehand
>>
>>36349420
>I feel incredibly betrayed
evil
>and I’m not entirely some this is something I want to continue when they get out.
completely normal and fair
>>
>>36349456
Sounds like a psycho. Youre better off moving on and letting someone else find their corpse, as mean as it sounds. Whats the point of making it be you?
>>
>>36349516
Why is it evil?
>>36349530
Probably yea. On top of that they tried to downplay whether or not they were about to try it in the hour or so prior to the attempt. I have been yelled at in the past for sending a wellness check just hours before a previous attempt. There isn’t even anything I can do to prevent this from happening
>>
>>36350542
you don't have an obligation to stay with them, the same way they don't have an obligation to continue suffering suicidal episodes for someone else
>>
File: princess carolyns.jpg (91 KB, 640x360)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
If partner isn't in 1-on-1 talk therapy yet, they need to be. If they are unwilling to go, you need to go. You may need to go anyway. You can't be the pillow for him to crash land into, not without taking a massive hit to your mental and physical health. You don't deserve to put up with that, and leaving has the potential to be the rock bottom that snaps him into getting his life together. If he's already attempting, it's not like you have anything to risk by leaving.

Genuinely wish you the best. I'm sure you built a life with this person, but you can't throw your life away just to sustain theirs.
>>
>>36349420
We are not therapists, and if I'm gonna give you therapy I expect payment.
>>
File: i dont fucking know.jpg (78 KB, 1170x1142)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>36350596
started gendering partner halfway through; my bad
>>
>>36349420
I will hate the world for making them think that. I will then go to my nearest city and shit on every person I see. I will learn how to make people suffer and once I make everyone feel like shit and that they should die I will make sure that this world is shit. I will then create something that will kill millions of people. And I won't stop until they learn what they did to my love. I will become the killer of humanity. I will fake my kindness and try to create a virus so bad that it will be unstoppable. And once people are dying I will laugh and tell them that this is only the beginning. I will then create a weapon so powerful that it wipes out any and everyone.

Don't ever mess with someone I love. I know humanity's weakness and trust me I could change everything all I need is time!
>>
>>36350596
I appreciate it. You are right. Apparently they are unable to find a therapist who accepts their insurance. Unfortunately no matter how much pain they put me through or how ungrateful they are towards my constant sacrifices for them, I cannot seem to find a boundary that they cross that is an absolute dealbreaker for me. I’m not sure yet if this is going to lead to me breaking up with them but I am leaning towards it.
>>36350552
Not taking advice from someone who is pro-suicide
>>
>>36350851
>pro-suicide
you're very wrong about that
>>
File: Ez4PoYrXIAAmdKt.jpg (72 KB, 728x895)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>36350644
>>
>>36349420
mine came in to say good bye to me in my sleep but left the door open and fell over. i dont think people are in full total awareness of their impact on others. it reminds me of that murderer tranny thread. like momentary total lapse in realizing shed take a part of me with her. she sees that now and feels guilty about it
>>
>>36350851
youre probably gonna need to be the one to find a therapist. psychology today and stuff. she needs to include her availability in emails
>>
>>36350917
I’m really sorry you had to go through that. I’m glad she survived.

Considering how many attempts they have made I don’t think they will ever learn how it impacts others, or even themself. They have brain injuries from one of the attempts yet they still keep trying. In general, there is never any thought of how their actions will impact their loved ones or their own future. Every single decision is a split second one based on whatever emotion is currently in charge in their head. There is never any consideration of consequences.

>>36350935
I don’t think they would let me look for a therapist for them. They won’t want a therapist unless they’re the one who decides they want one. I can’t be proactive to any degree in this relationship. It is always just going along to the best of my ability with whatever whims they are currently on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.