[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: well.jpg (7 KB, 250x228)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
hugboxxes at least don't kill people.
trans people need them.
>>
>>36351677
tbf i like it when people are nice to me or compliment me even though i know they’re lying
>>
>>36351728
it stops feeling like a lie the more you or other people say it
>>
>>36351677
Id rather be alone than around people so condescending that they lie to me and pat themselves on the back thinking it’s for my benefit
>>
>>36351728
yeah sometimes people tell me im pretty without even having seen my face which makes me want to bash their head in with a brick but at least i didnt heavily cut my lower arm so i think its obv whats worse
>>
>>36351825
this
>>
>>36351677
They result in a mentality that will kill them.
If you're 20 and you're facing a lot of adversity you might still have the endurance to overcome it.
If you're 40 and you can't handle a jab, you're tired all the time and you have no stamina, it's not gonna happen.

Another way to put it is, it's a very awkward thing trying to make new friends when you're 40 and have two kids.
When you're 20 you can adapt a lot easier, you're not made of stone yet. You can redirect a water flow much easier before it's carved a valley for itself.
>>
>>36351867
maybe. but this total no-hugboxx mentality has just resulted in people saying "its over for you go ropemaxx" and thinking they are actually being samaritans
>>
delusions don't help the mentally ill unless it's terminal like extreme dementia, then there's no point to upset them
>>
Another thing is, you get very few resets in life, 3-4 at most. Stuff like getting into school or highschool for the first time, moving out for the first time. Maybe a divorce or something like that. An opportunity to redirect yourself by your best judgement.
You can't possibly expect to be making wise, sober, reliable decisions for yourself if you have a completely skewed view of both yourself and the world.
You're working with bad info. Garbage in, garbage out.
Clarity is a hard won resource, and squandering it to spare your own feelings is painfully shortsighted. It promises pain as unimaginable to you, as your struggle is to me. I can say with confidence though, despite that, you don't want a hugbox. It may seem comfortable, but the world isn't. Unless you're confident you can maintain a full life in there, better to get out sooner than later, life will hit you whether you're ready or not.
>>
>>36351915
anon they kill themselves because of shit like this
>>
>>36351867
jabs do less when you have a good self-image and are surrounded by people who view you in a positive way to counteract it
even if you don't feel constantly affected by it i think being in a space where you're belittled and insulted ironically or otherwise and surrounded by doomerism you can wind up just as jaded
toxic positivity is a thing but tttt seems to view all positivity as toxic. loving yourself or working towards a stage where you can love yourself helps especially if you're naturally more affected by emotions
>>
>>36351946
yes and?? you think they're not a higher risk of suicide when they find out everyone is actively lying to them because they think they can't handle it?? That's way more nightmare fuel than helping someone handle the reality of their situation
>>
>>36351728
i hate liars but i also hate people being honest
>>
>>36351677
i will admit i like hearing white lies they make it easier to cope but it recognize it's bad. i feel so isolated and unable to trust anyone due to the hugboxxing. i truly don't even know if i pass
>>
>>36351904
The embrace the suck mentality is perpetrated by people that have been handed a rough life and have adapted to it poorly.
They wouldn't be on here telling people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps if they were either doing well in life, or at least adapted well to their situation.
Life's rough, a part of growing up is realizing we all have it rough and comparing suffering doesn't change jack.
We're in it together, doesn't mean we have to like each other but we're all suffering, from the nepo babies to the homeless, life and especially progress is pain.

As for what they think, it barely matters. People are so rarely aware of their subconscious motivations. They're just coping with their shit by piling it onto other people. The only good point they make is, your life is your responsibility. Doesn't matter how mean mom was or if you got raped or not, that sucks, all of it and it isn't fair, life isn't fair. If you want things to improve though, the onus is on you. You have to focus on the things you can change, not the ones you can't.
>>
>>36351825
this. In a hug box no compliment is genuine, no criticism is given, nobody learns to grow as a person. The compliments slowly stop feelings nice as you realise how hollow they are, it's the path to being a shut-in hon who only interacts with teenagers online via discord servers with 30 rules and a channel dedicated to Bluey shipping.
>>
>>36351953
This is veering into personal philosophy so I'll make that distinction here, feel free to disregard as you see fit.
I think basing your self worth on the people around you is a mistake. People are capricious and changeable, that's no solid basis for confidence, if you want to be solid in the face of adversity, friends are great, but they won't always be around. Certainly being formidable as an individual also feeds into making one a more reliable friend, or can if motivated. If you're all only holding each other up you're a house of cards, one falls and you all collapse.
>>
>>36351677
Hugboxes are what kills trans people
The more detached from reality you are the more psychologically damaging being confronted with reality is
>>
>>36351971
real
>>
>>36351971
real
>>
>>36351980
the fact that there’s a possibility you could pass means you’re doing better than me
>>
>>36352464
maybe. i have to gamble on either passing or being a total embarrassing honfidence clown though since im a girlmoder
>>
>>36352476
people here on 4chan like to romanticise boymoding but in reality it’s soul crushing and if i wasn’t spineless and weak i’d be girlmoding
>>
>>36351677
hugboxxing is evil and fake positivity, that person will stay ugly forever, u don’t have to insult people but u can be honest and help them improve their appearance.
>>
>>36352550
you're not spineless or weak. its hard to make the jump, especially now. i socially transitioned before trannies were as hated as now. its reasonable to fear girlmoding. that said it is worth it imo
>>
>>36352590
thanks, you’re kind :)
>>
>>36352637
no problem. wouldn't have said it if i didnt mean it
>>
>>36351971
This is a very rich post fro psychoanalysis

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.