[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1717798074731949.jpg (123 KB, 718x483)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>be me
>gigamanmoder
>go to uni for compsci at a half decent university
>use academic success to cope with having a worthless life otherwise
>was hoping to get all As this semester
>just got some grades that make it practically guaranteed to get a B in one of my courses
>currently drinking myself to sleep
why cant i just have a normal life?
>>
nobody cares about grades in computer science you should just be doing leetcode 5 hours a day
>>
>>36356317
This lmfao I respect other students less if they value grades over learning
>t. at Fortune 100 internship right now
>>
>>36356317
leetcode is like 90% boring desu
>>
>>36356344
so what faggot?
if you cant get straight As without effort you suck, sorry to put it like that
a bachelor or master of computer science is like so fucking worthless anyways, they dont teach you anything there
being effortlessly straight As is like the least you could do as a good le computer scientist
>>
>>36356350
it doesn't matter, you should be doing it, get a few certs, build a few applications including a job scraper that can apply to thousands of jobs or ngmi in CS. You need to stand out among the thousand other jeets saying "sir please? I have CS degree sir please give h1b sponsor sir"
>>36356382
if your end goal is career advancement nobody gives a F about the time you did a for loop in assembly
>>
>>36356382
I’ve known people like this and they’re completely useless in any kind of technical role. They totally lack critical thinking and can’t do anything without being spoonfed. They do “projects” whose whole point is to look good on a resume but don’t actually learn anything from them. I don’t respect people like that
>>
>>36356423
i mean theres like maybe a handful of leetcode problems that i might consider actually hard to solve reasonably
but like whats your point here?
"bohoo, these dumb academic tests that dont mean anything but i still fail on them every time"
>>36356480
trust me, i hate these kinds of projects myself but like, being an A+ compsci student in comparison is so fucking easy, why does everyone pretend it doesnt matter at all? are they just too stupid themselves?
>>
>>36356538
> trust me, i hate these kinds of projects myself but like, being an A+ compsci student in comparison is so fucking easy, why does everyone pretend it doesnt matter at all? are they just too stupid themselves?
Maybe it’s different in compsci but I’m mech E and getting good grades is really not a matter of course knowledge. It’s mostly just people memorizing how to do problems without critically thinking about them. getting good grades is important no doubt but if you’re totally useless in your field how valuable are they? I knew a girl who was a 4.0 student but didn’t know what drivetrain friction loss was. She constantly gets honors and shit but doesn’t know literally anything and has no passion or knowledge for the field.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.