[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1688987987275295.jpg (8 KB, 236x242)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
When I first came out, my mom wanted nothing to do with me. No calls, no texts, nothing.
She acted like I wasn't even there at the family reunions.
But once I started male-failing consistently (and had my voice trained), she changed. Suddenly, I existed, and she was proud of her new-found daughter. Took me with her to get our nails done, texts whenever she's nearby if she can stop in, roped me into the hand-me-down train, the works.
She's still just as bigoted as before, she just claims to see me as a woman ("one of the good ones") and certainly acts like it so I don't think it's an elaborate ruse.
Anyone else experience this?
>>
your mom sounds like a huge jerk anon.

Congrats on your successful transition btw <3
>>
>>36358172
my mom is similar but it wasn't until I had srs though that she gave up on turning me back into a man. I think it's less acceptance and more resignation
>>
>>36358182
She really is, I expect one of these days she's gonna get recorded and end in some Karen compilation on youtube.
I didn't expect the complete 180, and I was discussing this with one of my friends and she had the same experience, so I started to wonder if it was a common thing.
Her friends also seem to regard me as "one of the good ones" now too, which really surprised me. (I try to avoid talking politics around all of them...)
>>36358270
I actually have mine scheduled for next year and she's totally on board, saying I should hurry up and "make it final already" (I wish I could have booked an earlier date, as she seems to imagine I could have done).
>>
>>36358319
oh well mine isn't that supportive she resisted until it was a fait accompli and then just kind of accepted that I'm going to be a woman now.
There's a lot of people who come into contact with a tranny and instead of learning that their hatred is perhaps misplaced instead learn that there's good ones and bad ones. Good ones is mostly defined as the ones they've come into personal contact with.
>>
>>36358379
Yeah she's very much "good ones and bad ones" for minorities.
If I were to tell her I've hooked up with a black guy, she would flip out...unless I were to bring him home, and I guarantee she'd be like "oh he's so eloquent, I approve".
She hates gays but her hairdresser is her gay best friend.
She thinks trans = groomers and rapists, except me now.
She thinks Jews are untrustworthy but my aunt is fine and the in-laws (she converted for marriage).
I could go on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.