[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sddefault.jpg (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Many of you guys are so pathetic and helpless, I wish I could fix your lives. No matter who I meet from 4chan, nobody has their shit together. Nobody is well-rounded. Emotional issues, intellectual issues, no direction in life, no ambition, stagnating and rotting away. If you were under my care and actually listened to me, I would be able to fix you. But alas, there's not enough time for me, and nobody will take accountability for their shortcomings, or move forward in life. For 99% of people, if your basic needs are met, you won't want better for yourself. Yes, I know I come off as patronizing, condescending. This is going to rub people the wrong way. I can't help but feel concerned. On 4chan, you're more honest with yourself, yet when I see your suffering I'm expected to not care about your struggles.
>>
>>36373775
Captain save a hon
>>
>>36373775
>I wish I could fix your lives

You can't fix what ain't broke lmao
>>
>>36373775
I don't know about most people here but I pretty much just browse this board as a form of self-loathing. Because how else could one endure the constant stream of homophobia and transphobia that you see on here? Is there anyone without mental illness who will willfully subject themselves to that?
>>
>>36373775

You overestimate yourself while ignorant to other's experiences. How can you even begin to know how you'll influence others without understanding them. How can you understand them beyond your own isolated experience. You don't come off as condescensing to me, just stupid.
>>
>>36373832
>You overestimate yourself while ignorant to other's experiences.
That's impossible to determine from online interactions, you're getting a bit defensive, anon.
>How can you even begin to know how you'll influence others without understanding them.
I get where you're coming from, but I'm seeing some holes in your logic: you don't need to fully understand someone to be able to help them or teach them, you really don't. There's general life advice that is largely universal, or curated advice I could tailor for them to help them navigate. I think you're missing that most people really do not understand each other. Even in an intimate relationship, it's very likely you will never fully understand your partner. That's also the case for your family. They can still benefit from emotional support and guidance.

I'm also talking about anecdotal experiences from interacting with people on discord one on one and in discord servers. You don't know what I'm talking about but you're projecting a little bit on what I experienced or how I interacted with them. Simultaneously, I agree with you that I can't help everyone and some can't be helped.

I don't feel offended that you think I'm stupid, it's nothing personal. I will take in the feedback that you gave, and try to understand their circumstances more. I do always try, but that's always a helpful reminder. I'm not going to act aggressive because you also seem to be coming from a genuine place, I just came off as an ass. Take care.
>>
>>36373816
Oddly, I'm not affected. I don't consider myself mentally ill. I'm pretty self assured and I know who I am, so people being vile doesn't perturb me. The probability is high that they're unhappy in their personal lives, that's why they do this. I'm largely a tourist but I'm also a 4chan veteran. I'm pretty desensitized and have thick skin.

I think you should determine if this is healthy for you if you think of it as self-loathing. I'm here in "short bursts."
>>
>>36373861

I know it is impossible to determine how keen you are to others experience and how arrogant you are in general, that's an assumption based of you talking as though you know the future or other's experiences.

I didn't contradict myself so whatever holes you're talking about aren't mine. You can't know if you'll help anyone you don't understand. You may happen to help them regardless of your ignorance but you have no idea if you will. And I'm comfortable with the assumptions that knowledge of the future, and a full understanding of others isn't obtainable.

If you can't know don't talk like you know. Otherwise explain the mechanism making you so enlightened.
>>
>>36373918
contradicting yourself and having gaps in logic aren't necessarily the same. you stayed consistent but I don't agree with something you said. you're coming off as a bit defensive so I will let you cool off. we just don't click as people and that's fine. I said my piece, if you don't agree or can't comprehend it, that is okay. I don't think it's meaningful to repeat you can give people advice, help, guidance, emotional support without fully understanding them vs you believing it's not. if you adamantly believe you must, that's just a disagreement we can't reconcile. I'm ending the conversation because I don't want to argue pointlessly.
>>
teach me anon!!
>>
>>36373939

I'm going to point out the meaning in it then, you helping others haphazardly is not the same as knowing you'll help others. There's nothing putting above you above others in this regard, whether you're put together or not, or you sell us how useful you are not.
>>
>>36373994
Anon, you are dumb and a chore to talk to. You wore out all of my patience, with how obtuse you are. You can't read the room and stop when people tell you the conversation is over. The premise behind all of your points is rooted in projection. You most likely feel defensive because you perceive that I placed myself higher than you in a hierarchy. This post was always a blogpost on how I feel about people who are really lost in life, and you're attacking a projection of someone you don't know, and how I interact with people you don't know.
1) You keep adamantly insisting that I don't "understand" people that you don't know, and my ability to help anyone is solely contingent on understanding them. You can't determine this from online posts, this is wildly irrational. You're imposing on me with your defensiveness and it's not my job to placate you or do emotional labor for you. The premise of your initial argument is not valid. I keep repeating the same thing to you over and over again but you can't comprehend it. Not only did you not explain the extent of how much you need to "understand" someone, or what you actually mean, you keep insisting that you know interactions between strangers. Please don't explain because your thoughts are stupid. I tried to be patient with you, initially, but you are annoying.
2)
>you helping others haphazardly is not the same as knowing you'll help others
That goes without saying. This is is also projection, and I don't appreciate you creating a narrative in your head and then attacking it. You don't know, so pretending you do makes you an idiot.
>There's nothing putting above you above others in this regard
Then don't seek my advice, I wasn't offering it to you specifically. I was lamenting the suffering to others.

Please understand, I do not want to continue this conversation with someone so intellectually deficient. I shouldn't have replied to the initial post because nothing you said added any value or insight.
>>
File: 1719923927580.png (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>36374119
>what is: therapeutic rapport
nta but agree - dire need to remove head from own arse
>You most likely feel defensive because you perceive that I placed myself higher than you in a hierarchy
>"Anon, you are dumb and a chore to talk to"
>"I tried to be patient with you, initially, but you are annoying"
>"I do not want to continue this conversation with someone so intellectually deficient"
lmfao
>>
>>36374190
Do I really need to constantly repeat that nobody knows how I interact with people or the extent that I understand strangers that you don't know? Damn, you are genuinely stupid. I'm not a therapist, and I don't offer therapy services. Specifically, I'm not that anon's therapist either. I don't have the patience for actually stupid people.
>>
File: 1712807866614261.jpg (456 KB, 1000x668)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
Pro tip: Next time you meet with someone from 4chan, look at their car. If they drive a Chevy, you'll probably fall in love. Chevy owners are perfectly well-rounded. If they drive anything else, they're schizophrenic, if they don't have a car, they're schizoid.
>>
>>36374332
so true queen
>>
I feel this way about myself too. I have a botched fate and I'm terrified to see it upfold, but there's nothing I can do about it at this point.
>>
File: 1698141937455911.jpg (605 KB, 1080x1254)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>36374119

>my ability to help anyone is solely contingent on understanding them

Never said this.

>Not only did you not explain the extent of how much you need to "understand" someone

Because I don't care how much you need to understand someone to help them. Just how much you need to know you're useful to them. It's just irrelevant to what I wanted to point out.

You don't know how useful you are to anyone. You still haven't conceded that. In fact you keep telling me I'm projecting and need to cool down, stop being defensive etc. as if you can read minds too, while we list powers you can't be held accountable for. As if your advice is useful to me.

I gave you an out at least. It's not like I don't make assumptions all the time, based on information I hope is true when I can't be bothered to scrutinize the "holes" in my logic. But I can explain the mechanisms for all my beliefs, through science. You keep passing that up in favor of scruitinizing my character and saying you can help others, and walking away from arguments you can't walk away from. Like you're enlightened.
>>
>>36373775
ok then nona. im a passing trans woman who is pretty but very low effort. i dont know much about female socialization and im afraid of getting hurt. how do i approach things
>>
>>36375890
Okay, hold on for a bit. I'm at work, will respond either soon or potentially in a few hours.
>>
>>36373775
i was playing dead space and suddenly i wanted to cry i'm so weird anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.