[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: F32.png (15 KB, 248x248)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
how do i into fashion as a boymoder who wants to stop boymoding
>>
>>36377586
bump i need advice too
>>
>>36377586
Buy female versions of male clothes. Look at your peers and guides/pinterest online to adapt ur style over time. I was pretty much straight up wearing women’s clothing that wasnt androgynous and nobody questioned anything or had any idea I was a tranny? Wearing what looks good on you will do you more good than what’s currently in fashion (within reason). Bright pants, dark top and matching color shoes to bring away attention from shoulders. If you don’t have peers, pay attention to models on clothing websites and motifs, colors and styles. Like shorts are usually worn with a jacket or blazer to balance
>>
>>36377586
as someone broke as hell, secondhand clothing stores aren't bad at all and a good place to start looking for simple women's/unisex clothes to diversify your wardrobe options.

fashion sense itself sadly is a bit harder to train, im not sure if my own style is gonna work for people not in hot/warm countries and its also kind of a question of what works for your body, but i personally use my old "boy" wardrobe and just change how i wear my old stuff. for example, old knee length walking shorts i can fold up higher to be thigh length instead which reveals more skin, looks more stylish, and feels a lot cooler in hot weather. but this only works well in mg case cuz wearing shorts and kinda revealing clothes is common for girls in my country, so if you're not sure what you can/can't wear, looking to usual everyday clothes other girls wear is a good reference for what won't fly.

other than just clothes, learning about simple accessories (doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant) and which bags to use when going out can go a long way in deviating from a "masculine" image. even just a simple bracelet and a girly kind of bag does help with not having a boyish look to other people.
>>
>>36379402
>change how i wear my old stuff
on that note, fashion in general has a lot more freedom than people kind of expect, its less of what clothes you wear and a lot more about *how* you wear them. clothes that are distinctly masculine like flannel and denim shirts are worn often in tomboyish styles by just wearing them a little differently and even stuff like baggy band shirts can be stylish when worn differently with the right kind of accessories and clothes to pair it with.

its of course better if you can find actual women's clothes though cuz it helps skip the whole "just wear it differently" thing lol
>>
Understanding color theory actually helps a lot. See if you can figure out what undertones your skin has to choose between silver and gold jewelry and wearing colors that match and play nice with each other makes a huge difference imo.
Also just accessories in general like earrings or necklaces is a good way to dip your toes into more feminine presentation without too much commitment.
Also also my general rule of thumb is baggy top + form fitting bottom or vice versa.
>>
how do people find clothing that fits well? my torso is not even that bad i think but my shoulders just blow out everything that might otherwise fit. everything that's big enough for my shoulders is monstrous otherwise

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.