[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sabine Hossenfelder.jpg (7 KB, 224x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Was she ever actually transphobic or did she express one (1) disagreement towards the tranny hivemind?
>>
>>36633471
Who the fuck is this is she from cishon island?
>>
>>36633471
is this jk rowling?
>>
>>36633471
she made a horrendously misinformed video about trans science
>>
>>36633492
no she's just german

>>36633471
she expressed a pop-sci "skeptical" take that ignored the nature of quality evidence and ethical medicine that basically two-sidesed The Trans question
>>
>>36633471
No, she's cool, and she's hot.
>>
>>36633471
She committed the two cardinal sins to troons: showing anything but unconditional and total adherence to dogma, and being a woman.
>>
>>36633528
>showing anything but unconditional and total adherence to dogma
no, actually, she:
>>36633507
>expressed a pop-sci "skeptical" take that ignored the nature of quality evidence and ethical medicine that basically two-sidesed The Trans question

she's supposed to be a scientist, and she actually followed the prevailing ideological dogma moreso than the science.

i was surprised, as an academic and someone who was subscribed to her previous to this horseshit video she put out.
>>
>>36633471
I doubt shes transphobic
she just made a rushed video about a subject she doesn't know anything about to get views

nothing in the video comes across as transphobic, just painfully uninformed

realistically though, it would take a multi-hour video to go over absolutely everything if you're going to look at the whole picture from a centrist perspective, it's not surprising that she didn't want to do that
>>
>>36633549
>she actually followed the prevailing ideological dogma moreso than the science
I have a funny feeling she "did some research" by asking around for sources who fed her a narrative (with the same logic that ended up the in the cass report) which prompted her to follow and "verify" the most common anti-trans talking points, probably something informal like a discord server as a lot of these influencers of whatever caliber have

I was also surprised, and disappointed
>>
>>36633471
You look at a drama tranny the wrong way and you get labeled TRANNY PHOOOOOBIC
>>
>>36633492
>>36633497
Sabine Hossenfelder
>>
>>36633577

The most common talking point is that if you don't pass, you're still a man.
>>
>>36633564
it was casually transphobic, like she didn't go out of her way to be transphobic, she just was in the course of saying her dumb ideas she has about trans people
>>
>>36633471
I thought her video was extremely fair, there’s certainly mental people who think they’re girls, and they need help. Bit also with it being popular I think a lot of insecure young people are grass is greenering the other sex too. And then there’s the prevalence of pedo trannies too. That and personal experiences have revealed a lot of trannies are just fetishists.
>>
it wasn't fair at all she compared apples and oranges as if there was the same kind of evidence on both sides
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Kau7bO3Fw

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.