[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2024_0722_18041200.jpg (231 KB, 3840x2560)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
anyone else super unemployed at the moment and cant figure out how to get hired?

they're always so happy to immediately speak to me but the second they realize im a tranny i can just see that they're aching to get out of the zoom call/leave the table

I feel like the employment struggle is so insane for lgbt let alone trans people and especially in this recesion. there's just so many people who hold power over your right to earn income and pay rent that are so heartless they'd pick a less favorable candidate just cuz they're not comfortable with me being trans around them.
>>
are you a gross tranny?
>>
Yeah, fuck this gay ass job market, I'm not even visibly trans
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (438 KB, 2208x1242)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>36635848
yes and my voice doesnt pass and it clearly makes people uncomfortable
>>
>>36635843
Have you tried working with a recruiting agency? I understand the struggle of unemployment anon, I just recently got a job after spending most of my time since graduating 3.5 years ago as a neet. I am not trans though, so that makes things different.
>>
>>36636051
Ive tried before but over the course of like 4 months with them i never got a single job from it but i could try again cuz im running out of ideas
>>
>>36636074
damn that sucks, what kinds of jobs are you looking for?
>>
>>36636099
barista, any kind of management or clerical work, entry level IT stuff cuz ive got a computer science associates, software internships, basically everything thats kind of a step above nothing jobs

im sure if i applied at mcdonalds id get it but knowing this economy and the way things are i could just get gatekept anyways
>>
>>36636074
what jobs are you applying to
>>
>>36636111
damn anon, keep trying to get something that uses your cs degree, and don't give up
>>
>>36636111
apply to online AI evaluator roles. easy, and you dont have to interview most of the time. for mine, i didn't, but i have a bachelors in cs and had a lot of the skills they were after.

dataannotation doesn't require an interview, but you need to pass their online test and onboarding process, or you're never getting in if you fail it. few other options if you look around.

they can pay between $25-55 an hour.
>>
>>36635843
I am going jobless and homeless. I usually dont get interviews at all, I assume due to my name being non-local, but so far I always get offers if interviewed BUT they take issue with me being unhoused ATM (I'll sleep in hostels) and tell me to contact them once I have permanent housing. Idk how long I can go on like this.

I hope you find sth soon, OP. FYI warehouse hobs are good workout and they dont really mind any looks.
>>
>>36636144
thats insane and ill look into it, thank you!!!
>>
>>36636449
warehouse is a good idea i guess yeah, I hope you get something soon too you deserve a break
>>
>>36636466
Thanks but I doubt. Nonetheless, manifesting a job in your very near future.
>>
>>36635843
I feel you anon. I apply to jobs basically every day and even if I do get interviews I don't get hired because I have to compete with everyone else also trying to get a job. My autistic inability to make consistent eye contact probably somewhat fucks me over too.
>>
>>36635843
yep lol i'm coming up on six months of unemployment, it sucks, i really need to get back into work asap because i need the money for surgeries. at least you're getting interviews, today i spammed another pile of job applications and i'm sure i won't even get a callback.
>>36635869
honestly if you voicetrained it'd help a lot. it won't guarantee you a job by any means but it might help prevent you from being immediately filtered over being trans, i think your appearance combined with a feminine voice would be enough that nobody in a professional workplace would really care about you being trans.
>>36636051
agencies are good, i'm aiming to get temp work through one of those right now to at least stop being a total neet.
>>
>>36635869
Wow you're so pretty! @__@

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.