[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: AOp3x.jpg (48 KB, 684x684)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
should i start taking hrt again at 30?
t. manmoded during the pandemic but stopped and got some vials in case i wanted to try again
>>
>>36641616
well why did you stop? also 30 is devastatingly late so you have to be prepared for what that might entail
>>
>>36641616
>manmoded during the time where everyone was expected to stay inside and you wouldn't have had to deal with transphobes
are you stupid?
>>
>>36641616
Transitioning at 30 sounds retarded
>>
>>36641745
not op but i transitioned at 30 and i don't regret it.
>>
>>36641784
That’s nice man but you woulda definitely enjoyed doing it more on time
>>
>>36641639
>well why did you stop?
i left my job and moved back home and the stress of trooning under my parents roof made me realize i'm not trans but i still wish i were a woman and want most of the effects of hrt
>also 30 is devastatingly late so you have to be prepared for what that might entail
yeah, i would only be taking hrt to manmode and keep it completely secret to everyone except my doctor
>>36641685
>are you stupid?
yes i am but i wasn't gonna honmode to get groceries and i moved back in with parents and i'm not gonna be out to them
>>36641745
doing anything after 30 sounds retarded but i can't turn 20 again
>>
>>36641842
>but i still wish i were a woman and want most of the effects of hrt
1.) wishing you were a woman probably means you’re trans
2.) if you want the effects of hrt please take it, there is no reason not to if you know the consequences and have reasonable expectations
>>
>>36641842
Wanting the benefits of being a woman is different from wanting to be a woman.
Reconcile that within yourself.
>>
>>36641616
please don't let literal teenagers that can't conceptualize life after 25 influence literally any of your life decisions
>>
>>36641861
>1.) wishing you were a woman probably means you’re trans
i didn't wish for it enough to keep taking hrt under changing circumstances
>2.) if you want the effects of hrt please take it, there is no reason not to if you know the consequences and have reasonable expectations
the only effect of hrt i don't want is being more emotionally or neurotically driven. i get intensely angry when stressed and make impulse decisions like moving back with my parents without thinking
i'm working on self help and looking for therapy to fix that but i'm still worried that fucking with my hormones will damage my mental state
>>36641865
the only benefits of hrt i would get are biological. i can't pass for a woman
>>36641873
it's because i moved back home and stopped hrt at 25 but my life after 25 has felt completely surreal like it's over and i'm just waiting
i haven't really taken any action to move out or restart hrt. i completely stopped progressing in life and stagnated
>>
yes, just brace for the results
t. started fresh at 30
>>
>>36643483
>just brace for the results
what results except growing boobs?
>t. started fresh at 30
how old are you now
>>
>>36643507
>what results except growing boobs?
not necessarily passing as either gender over enough time
>how old are you now
>>
>>36643514
you don't pass for a man with gyno?
>35
why did you start at 30? did something change about your life?
>>
>>36643542
>you don't pass for a man with gyno?
most of the time I do, but some people know something's up and some people are not polite about that
>why did you start at 30? did something change about your life?
I was balding and finally looking into hair loss meds, everything was on lockdown due to a pandemic, I was hearing about people I knew of or had met dying, and I looked at my health insurance booklet and saw gender-affirming care including hormone therapy was covered so I looked into the effects and decided I needed to just do it finally
>>
>>36643577
>some people are not polite about that
have you had any bad encounters?
>I was balding and finally looking into hair loss meds,
i don't show any signs of balding but i look in the mirror every day to see if it's time to get on finasteride
>I was hearing about people I knew of or had met dying,
shit, same. people i knew started dying last year and it made me think about life more. it got me to move a bit but i still haven't restarted hrt
i'm just so much more nervous about trying hrt the second time. the first time i did it without much problem, but i also was living on my own back then
>>
>>36643663
>have you had any bad encounters?
a few and nothing violent yet, but people looking for it

the only thing I regret is putting it off so long (and not handling my emotions better when I did)
>>
>>36643676
>but people looking for it
what do you mean?
>(and not handling my emotions better when I did)
what happened? i'm kinda worried about not being able to handle my emotions. last time i tried hrt i literally lost my job and apartment and had to move back to my parents
>>
>>36643711
>what do you mean?
I mean people looking for or trying to start fights with me for just existing in public
>what happened?
I got very emotional about a lot of things and didn't handle it well because I was not used to being emotional at all, so I'd recommend being as patient as you can with yourself and others and not making hasty decisions before you're confident in them or understand why you're making them
>>
>>36643753
>I mean people looking for or trying to start fights with me for just existing in public
do you live in an area hostile to trans people? that sounds terrifying. how do your doctors treat you?
>I got very emotional about a lot of things and didn't handle it well
do you remember any specific bad moments?
>not making hasty decisions before you're confident in them or understand why you're making them
i have a proven record of making bad, hasty decisions when i'm put under pressure. again the first time i was on hrt i literally made the hasty decision to move back home and then stop hrt. i threw away my life back then
and i was emotional and sometimes angry. i'm trying to be conscious of it but i don't have a great track record of being an emotionally mature adult
>>
>>36643871
I live in an area where most people are incredibly polite and accepting, even supportive, and doctors have been good to me so far

if you're concerned about or know you're predisposed to emotional instability or intensity then take that seriously, and consider getting professional help for that along with starting hormones again (or at the very least looking up self-help exercises and making continued conscientious efforts to mitigate those behaviors)
>>
>>36643930
>I live in an area where most people are incredibly polite and accepting, even supportive, and doctors have been good to me so far
and you're still getting people harassing you in public, scary.
>if you're concerned about or know you're predisposed to emotional instability or intensity then take that seriously, and consider getting professional help for that along with starting hormones again (or at the very least looking up self-help exercises and making continued conscientious efforts to mitigate those behaviors)
i'm doing self help now, and am strongly considering therapy. but i am very worried given my history of being a little shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.