[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: i'm a fucking disaster.png (1.08 MB, 828x762)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
I'll soon reach 3 months on HRT. My current dose is 2mg of oral estradiol and 100mg of spiro daily. My endo refuses to increase my dose for another 3 months. Would it be a good idea to switch to injections as soon as possible? or would that ruin my transition? While waiting for the vial to arrive, would it be better to take the estradiol sublingually or continue with the oral method?

I don't know my hormone levels, and I won't be able to check them for a few more months. (and i'm not from the U.S.)
>>
>>36643460
you dont have to but jesus your endo is fucking you
>>
help pls :c
>>
>>36643460
yeah it’s probably worth it. i don’t see how that can ‘ruin your transition’ honestly. as long as you’re at least a little informed on dosages.

just don’t trust doctors because when it comes to tranny topics 99% of them don’t have the slightest clue what they’re talking about. the problem is what you’re gonna show to your endo when you have to take blood tests since they’re gonna be determined by your current dose and lowering it drastically isn’t a nice experience at all trust me i know.

i was literally prescribed 0.5mg of gel lol
>>
>>36643460
take 2mg 3 times a day: orally once in the morning, once in the middle of the day, and once at night

if you can get on injections once every 5 days that ought to be better and will help you guarantee suppress your T.

It’s more ideal to do oral for 3-6 months, then sublingual, and injections at a year. Obviously, the most important thing though is having testosterone suppressed so don’t worry as much about “optimal”.
>>
>>36645369
>‘ruin your transition’
I had seen some people saying that starting with high doses or injections might not be the best for breast growth, that's why I said that, but Idk if it's true or if it affects too much
>don’t trust doctors because tranny topics
I realized this when I asked to increase my dose and a nurse said that taking more than 2mg orally is useless because higher levels make no difference. It makes me feel bad for patients who don't research anything and just blindly believe...
>what you’re gonna show to your endo
I was planning to skip a few doses when I take my levels, like 20 days before, while I go back to taking it orally just for that, but idk if it's a good idea

>>36645381
>take 2mg 3 times a day
Only have enough for 2mg daily throughout the month, can't get more :c
>if you can get on injections once every 5 days that ought to be better
So I'll probably switch to injections, thanks :3
>It’s more ideal to do oral for 3-6 months
Would it affect much if I took it orally for 3-4 months and then switched to injections?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.