[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: D0etQn3UwAEhHRz.png (370 KB, 720x518)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
if I'm someone who needs lots of attention from people who I befriend to stay happy is it better if I am straightforward with it and try to always be available and embrace the fact that I will just have to always be the one who initiates conversations first or would it be a better idea to mitigate it to make sure people don't get sick and tired of me?
>>
>>36644605
I'd say work on yourself instead of finding external coping strategies. Work out why you feel the need for this much attention and go from there. Living off attention is a great way to fuck up your life, be taken advantage of and have no meaningful relationship whatsoever.

Love thyself before you love others, yiddi yadda. It's true.
>>
>>36644625
yeah but I have tried to do that for so many years already and back when I used to be more fine by myself I was so extremely lonely... after some recent developments I've realised that I'm much happier when I'm able to maintain caring relationships... the issue is they have all fizzled out and I'm finding it harder and harder to start new ones
>>
>>36644605
Are you entertaining to talk to? If not work on that, trying to keep a boring convo going is worse than wiping with sandpaper.
>>
>>36645026
I mean, I guess I don't wanna toot my own horn but I have kind of become obsessed with being as much of a good conversationalist as possible for many years now...
I do try to always keep things back and forth get the vibe of the other person so that I can adjust to it. Focus on them or me or a third topic or keeping an even amount of topics that I've brought up and that they've brought up, watch out to not derail stuff they've brought up to drag it into stuff that I bring up... being pleasant to talk to is kind of one of the things that I need for validation ;w;
>>
>>36644693
if your friendships keep dying you might need to look at the common denominator

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.