[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

okay, i can understand honmoding. if you already have tits and you cant afford ffs, you dont really have a choice. but why the FUCK would you ever honmode without voicetraining??? why bother??

>yes i will dress like a woman but im perfectly fine with my dudely man voice ruining the illusion

seriously, even tranny voice is fine in comparison. anything is better. you are subhuman if you girlmode without voicetraining
>>
>>36648208
Women with manvoices are cringe but cute
>>
>>36648208
Is that supposed to be a hon?
>>
>>36648208
>take estrogen
>keep acting normally and look like a woman
>keep talking normally and sound like a man
Why should I be ashamed about this
>>
>>36648208
She's cute but the fake way she acts in her videos is so damn cringe it's a shame
>>
>>36648208
>okay, i can understand honmoding. if you already have tits and you cant afford ffs, you dont really have a choice. but why the FUCK would you ever honmode without voicetraining??? why bother??
yes

>you are subhuman if you girlmode without voicetraining
no
>>
>>36648281
fuck you, die! >:(
>>
>>36648208
Honestly changing your voice feels waaay more cringe to me.
Like yeah I feel kinda awkward sounding like a dude while looking like a girl. But that's only because society/people are weird and intolerant of people like me and I'm aware of it.

What feels way more awkward is putting on a fake girly voice in front of all the people I know, who know I'm putting it on etc. Like, why would I change what I sound like just to appease some people I don't know? It feels fake to me.
I'd rather speak the way that feels more authentic/natural to me, the most "real".
>>
>>36648341
>why would I change what I sound like just to appease some people I don't know?
it's not to appease some people you don't know it's to appease your sex dysphoria
unless you're nondysphoric in which case why the fuck would you transition at all
>>
>>36648208
If you’re a YouTuber it’s better to not do the voice. I click away and “do not recommend” as soon as I hear the skinwalker screech, but if it just uses the man voice and does video essays I don’t know to block them until they bring up their tranny shit or mention their fake name.
So you get an extra half cent or so from unsuspecting people by not doing the pterodactyl voice.
>>
>>36648341
>changing your body to look like a girl is fine but changing your voice to sound like a girl is "cringe" and "fake"
>>
>>36648353
>unless you're nondysphoric in which case why the fuck would you transition at all
because it makes his dick hard when skirt goes spinny
>>
>>36648341
I think this is a false dichotomy. Everyone's voice is ultimately just a habit. If you were raised in a different cultural/social environment you would talk differently. If your "normal" voice is artificial to some extent, being constructed by social influences, why is it any more true than your voice after voice training?

I can make my voice breathier, smaller, and a little higher pitched while still being very comfortably within the physical range of my vocal chords. Why is one habit more real than the other? Also, surprise! Being trans means you construct a lot of your presentation later in life and in a more deliberate way than cis people. How is voice different?
>>
>>36648353
>>36648360
I always spoke with a softer voice anyway, since it felt better and more comfortable to me? Sounding "manly" has always been dysphoric to me.

The point is to alleviate dysphoria. Not to larp or trick other people or appease their weird preconceptions about how people should act.
If you weren't doing this since you were a kid, maybe you're the "fake trans" one?

>>36648434
Yeah I agree with this 100% in theory. In practice it still feels kinda cringe though.
I guess my point is that altering your voice to sound more comfortable or more "you" is completely fine, but I assume people are sort of already doing this in life anyway?
Changing it in order to "pass better" because you want to fit some weird social category of how a woman is "supposed to sound" is kinda cringe, I don't wanna play weird mind games with strangers.
>>
>>36648505
>If you weren't doing this since you were a kid, maybe you're the "fake trans" one?
define kid, i started voice training at like 12-13
>Changing it in order to "pass better" because you want to fit some weird social category of how a woman is "supposed to sound" is kinda cringe
it's to pass better to myself not to strangers
also post voice
>>
>>36648570
>it's to pass better to myself not to strangers
That's fine then.
Kinda seems weird that you'd back up judgemental retards saying that you have to do it, and that you're literally subhuman if you don't.
Also kinda seems weird that if people say they're not that dysphoric about their voice that this somehow makes them not valid and you want to police them.

Are you sure this is just about you and your own internal sense of self...?
>>
>>36648208
I just don’t really give a shit anymore. People already hate me and think I’m disgusting anyway.
>>
>>36648631
>Kinda seems weird that you'd back up judgemental retards saying that you have to do it, and that you're literally subhuman if you don't.
i wasn't necessarily trying to back them up, i was just browsing the replies and saw something i disagreed with so i made a post detailing why i disagreed with it
>Also kinda seems weird that if people say they're not that dysphoric about their voice that this somehow makes them not valid and you want to police them.
if someone says something that implies that they don't feel dysphoric about their voice i'm gonna assume that means they aren't dysphoric at all unless they tell me otherwise. like, the subset of people who say they're trans and don't have dysphoria or misunderstand dysphoria to mean simply kinda wanting to be the opposite sex or like identifying as transgender at all rather than having debilitating discomfort about the characteristics from the sex they were born with is much larger than people who have dysphoria about most things except for their voice
>>
>>36648208
because putting on a fake voice would imply I value cis opinions enough to spend hundreds of hours "fixing" something I don't personally perceive as a problem
>>
the issue is basically the "when the fuck do i start training and using my voice"

its easy to kind of slip into honmoding. you can live as a boy/honmoder, maintaining plausible deniability in some situations while just honmoding in others. voice feels like more of a commitment, if i start using a diff voice with anyone who knew me previously, they'll 100% notice.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.