[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721749043806178.png (853 KB, 1178x949)
853 KB
853 KB PNG
Need help voice training... 19 FtM started testosterone 05/17/23... And my testosterone levels are around 830... My voice for some reason has still not properly dropped. My voice has changed yes but now I have a stereotypical trans voice... What to do? How to fix this? Am I still going through changes? I'm worried I'll never get the same voice drop as other trans men on hrt... Genuinely feel hopeless. I have done voice training but my voice still sounds the same (but forced) or sounds even higher when practicing... Is it over for me? Should I just give up on voice training?
>>
>>36648564
Detrans, save yourself while you still can, it's not too late to avoid your fate as a poonchudder manlet irate at the world for lack of sex
>>
>>36648576
I'm a gooner tho. Also stfu...
>>
>>36648564
hey what the fuck. we both started hrt at the same month in the same year and i was gonna post something like this. ftms are really all just living the same lives. creepy
>>
>>36648607
i posted that today too. quick pee your pants to see if we have twin psychic powers where im able to feel it going down my leg
>>
>>36648564
If you don’t like voice training you can stop or take a break. I didn’t do it much, but my voice might’ve turned out better if I did, not sure. You can always pick it up later though.
Major changes will start to slow down at 2.5-3 years so you still lots of time for it to get deeper. I know how much it sucks waiting.
>>
Is it possible you got too high testosterone doses from the get go? There's an admittedly very small study about how starting slow (so, in low doses) yields better results for the voice, something about high doses forcing the larynx to grow too quickly or some shit. Idk long time since I last read it but here's the study:
http://www.radical-musicology.org.uk/2008/Constansis.htm
>>
>>36648617
>>36648626
Lololol ig we are living the same life
>>
>>36648693
I don't think so? I was on 20mg for a while, levels were about 700. only recently upped it to 30mg... I get injections every week btw...
>>
>>36648724
Idk much about dosages because I'm still in the repper phase and I have just scoured the internet to try to scare myself out of it so I can't tell you if those are too high, however, other anons are right that it's too early for you to worry about it
>>
>>36648564
Good luck, anon, I am rooting for you!
Continue trying to speak low, slightly slower - let it resonate in the bottom of your throat. I have no clue how voice training works but this is what makes my voice even lower and manlier. You can do it! Shrimple as! >/////<
>>
>>36648564
Hello shitheads trans woman here, but I was a radio host before. Working with voice was my life and I was afraid my voice that was pretty high for a man would make the career impossible. Just fucking push your larynx down using muscles. There is this funny thing in front of your throat that you need to move. Attempt to make a purring sound with your throat, it helps and if you incorporate it into your speech it makes it less clocky removing the marks of an obviously forced voice. GL faggots, see ya

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.