[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1700321145009778.jpg (137 KB, 1024x1024)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
I understand if you hon dosed, pills are kinda worthless, but assuming the dosage is correct, is there much of a difference? Most stuff I've read seems to indicate there isn't, but I'm trying to be open minded about it.
>>
>>36648759
levels are what matters
>>
ymmv but pills basically did nothing to my E levels during my first 6 months. it wasn't until i switched to injections that my E levels actually went up to female range. At least spiro worked to suppress my T during those first 6 months on pills
>>
>>36648759
Your levels are what matter. Some people dont respond well to pills, you need to uptake the estrogen via the oral route, some people just take up less that way.
Injections are very direct, since you literally put the estrogen into a muscle/fat layer, where it makes its way into your blood slowly and consistently.
Its more of a trial and error to get you to a dosage that works with pills.
Most endos won't be putting in any level of effort beyond "here, estro and perhaps spiro or a tumor dose of cypro as a treat", hence injections being the safer choice.
>>
>>36648759
as others said its YMMV and not having to use an AA is good in the long term as most of them have some icky side effecgs, but part of it when doing diy is also price. Pills are unreasonably expensive compared to injections
>>
>>36648759
levels are what matters but it's easier to achieve higher levels with injections because the bioavailability is higher + the curve is smoothe because esters/prodrugs have a longer halflife, so the levels are more consistent.
>>
yeah its just about getting the right dosage -> right levels. its just way easier with injections

i used sublingual pills for the first half a year of my transition, they worked perfectly. i only rly switched to injections for ease, price and convenience. sublingual pills are a pain in the butt, you gotta take them at least twice a day, it takes a bit of time for them to dissolve, etc, and the price is like more per month than injections are per year
>>
>>36648759
All I know about the pills vs injections thing is Dr Powers has considered high doses of pills (6mg daily+) first for a substantial time period then switching to injections later seems to yield better results. being on medicaid helps.
>>
>>36648759
levels matter, and how you actually take your pills.

i take them sublingually (under the tongue) and my oestradiol levels are ~570pmol/L 14hr after having 2mg (one pill), and i have 1x2mg every 12hr (2x2mg/day)

2hr on hrt, D cup tiddies (probaby DD now), and i pass very easily w/o makeup.
>>
>>36648759
no, injections are better than pills, but you shouldn't start with injections
>>
>>36648759
injections are healthier becuase you transpass liver, they are cheaper and you dont need blockers
>>
>>36650764
honscience
>>
>>36650787
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>36650796
idk who retarded is so no
>>
>>36648759
injections stay in your system longer, and don't get completely filtered out by your liver
>>
>>36648982
can you skip an AA if you do sublingual? or if you have being using an AA and your levels are good now?
>>
>>36650764
There is no reason not to start with injections, I started on pure injections monotherapy, am less than a year in and already have massive tits for where I'm at.
Pills provide the same medication, usually in at a lower dosage.
>>
>>36648759
from what i understand (which is also the same thing everyone else in this thread is saying), levels are what matters. But, it is true that injections are much more effective at achieving ideal levels, and lots of endos have a really bad tendency to under prescribe pills.

because they're so much more potent injections are often done as monotherapy, while pills usually need an antiandrogen (unless you get an orchiectomy). That actually does matter, because antiandrogens usually have some negative side effects if you're on them for really long periods of time
>>
>>36648759
Nah, pills didn't ever start fat redistribution for me. Injections did right away.
Pills absolutely should still be the first option used, for a few reasons, but injections SHOULD be the main, usual method long term.
>>
>>36651505
what dose were you on?
>>
>>36651505
honscience. i started on monotherapy via injections (aka a high dose) and ive got great boob growth after a year.

I onow people have been repeating and repeating you have to start with pills but that doesnt make it true.
>>
>>36648759
there's like no difference injections are just way cheaper
>>
>>36648759
enzyme polymorphism = some people metabolise it faster and anything administered per oss will go through hepatic first pass so you might need a higher dose depending on your genetics. even then it will produce a saw toothed Cp curve which isn't what you want generally.

administering E via oral dosing is ghetto but doctors think patients love the convenience of eating a handful of pills every morning for the rest of your life.
>>
>>36648759
levels are what matters, but your liver is a bitch and it's best to skip it. there's no effective difference between sublingual and intramuscular, but if you're swallowing things you're hondosing yourself
>>
>>36648759
youre right that E is E and no diff, but deliviery route matters simply because of different bioavailability and some special stuff like EV/EU/EEn/EC also get released more slowly in your body over time which is good for us, we dont want a rollercoaster on hormone levels
also retarded (and mostly cis only) docs think its scary to give more than 6/8mg daily (3-4 2mg pills) because they think youll get blood clots which in reality is a very low risk with bioidentical E btw, so they give you serious meds like CPA which both raise risk of clotting even harder and also give you risk of brain cancer
hence many trans people take injections, its easy to take one inj a week instead of 20 pills plus often a blocker too
>>
>>36648759
Like everyones saying levels are what matters but from the honscience Ive heard stability can affect things too, so things like injections and patches are best for stable levels while other forms will have a sharp fall off and will need to be spaced out over the day. Im not a super autist though so I couldnt really explain it to you but the be all end all is any form of hrt is better than not having any hrt

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.