[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240709_062659.jpg (44 KB, 1080x673)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
how do I stop obsessing over whether the concept of gender identity makes any sense? I want to transition but I cant convince myself its a healthy or sane thing to do
>>
>>36655431
You need to focus on whether you want the changes that come with transitioning, identity is irrelevant meme shit that comes with looking like something
>>
>>36655431
You should want to transition because having soft, smooth skin, wide hips and small slender arms are appealing to you. The gender identity stuff is just a way to make sense of it all.
>>
>>36655431
think of it this way : the concept of gender does not ever cross the minds of normal people, it is not something that concerns them or occupies any notion of their thought, it is an autonomic, completely subconscious presentation. the fact you are obsessing should tell you that you are not normal therefore transitioning really shouldnt be such a far off concept for you
>>
>>36655431
Gender identity isn't real. It was invented by cis women so they can feel their heckin gender without actually changing anything about themselves medically, because our society makes women hate themselves. Do your research on the efects of HRT and decide whether you want those effects or not. You're not a woman when you identify as one, you're a woman when your vibe and appearance communicates that you are one.
>>
>>36655431
ignore "identity" and look at the real effects of hormones and symptoms of dysphoria, that's all that matters
>>
>>36655431
>Gender identity
Ignore. Focus on the effects of medical transition and how you would feel about them. The first week I spent on estrogen, even I grew boobs, I knew I hadn't made amistake. You'll know.
>>
gender identity isn't real but sex dysphoria is, if you have sex dysphoria then you should transition because it usually helps treat it
>>
>>36655511
Or it’s a trendy sort of youth culture thingy popular online and mimics the symptoms of depression and general existential nihilism that the whole of society is facing.

Confirmation bias, yaknow
>>
>>36655431
It’s easy to get lost in a maze of your own doubts and overthink things. Instead of getting caught up in justifying your uncertainties, focus on taking action to explore what truly feels right for you.
>>
>>36657837
overthinking is a hell of a drug :(

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.