[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721320490865180.jpg (96 KB, 840x700)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
i found out yesterday that estrogen has, in fact, been messing with my personality in ways i didnt consciously register until now. im having a hard time coping with this, am i really myself anymore? i didnt think it would actually change much about me, much less my personality at all
>>
>>36660487
Elaborate
But yes injecting neurotoxins will do that
>>
>>36660487
Time would do this to you anyways, hormones just made you notice it because it's a little more dramatic. humans are soulless insects like anything else, we are always changing and have basically no control over our own behavior
>>
File: 1721756410862567.jpg (48 KB, 500x498)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>36660514
right?
>>
>>36660499
>"you write like a woman"
he didnt elaborate at what that meant and i was writing normally/more professionally than rn
>>36660514
:(
>>
>>36660487
Have you changed in like a Big Five traits sense. Or something else
>>
>>36660536
consciously i recognized before that i lost interest in a few things but i figured i was just growing up and estrogen had nothing to do with it. now i know its messing with subconscious things like how i write and probably speak too, and thats scary
>>
>>36660487
>take hormones that change brain chemistry
>brain chemistry changes
>>
>>36660487
my male friends told me I was too emotional now but I think he was just being misogynistic
>>
>>36660499
>neurotoxins
god this board has gone to shit since you tourists showed up to spam the Kris threads
>>
>>36660487

hormones can open up bits of your brain that were previously not open, which yea causes some personyality changes, but it could just be changing as you change and grow, too. your own personality is a hard thing to notice change when its your own and not physically trackable
>>
>>36660573

i was too dissociated from ages 5-16 to really remember what i was like before the hormones so maybe ur just finally gaining consciousness and it feels weird to be aware of your own sentience
>>
>>36660487
I've noticed this too and I like it
>>
>>36660487
i dont really get being upset abt this. so estrogen is making u fembrained, isnt that a good thing?? would u rather be a malebrained hon working on your 6 hour star wars video essay or some shit? the whole point of this is to change, right? so why be scared of it?
>>
>>36660487
or maybe your old self had to die so you can become your real you
>>
>>36661324
there is no real me and if there ever was he died a long long time ago
>>
>>36661566
sounds like self image issue
>>
Feels great, doesn't it? I'm so much kinder than I used to be, more sociable, calmer. I feel more comfortable with myself, despite acting differently than I used to and changing quite a bit as a person.

I think a lot of my personality was just repper cope.
>>
I mean all our personalities change over time if that make u feel better. We all do t stay the same as how we once were. It’s part growing up as person. Just make sure that ur put the priorities on being a kind person in general.
>>
>>36661118
the tourists are always here being shitters though, they're just on extended stay atm
>>
>>36661760
When do I get to that part? For now all I got was soft tits
>>
>>36660487
yeah hormones wilk change the intensity of emotions you feel so you'll probably start acting and reacting to things more like a woman. it's normal to be a bit confused about it all, but it will settle
>>
>>36660487
>>36660536
>>36660573
my personality typed changed from INTJ to INFP after transing
>>
>>36661760
testosterone is bad desu
>>
>>36660487
Is it the hormones?
Or is it just yoyr perception of self? Changing how you view yourself often subconciously changes a bunch of behaviors
Also time changes behaviors too
Change is the most normal thing about being human
>>
>>36663685
I went from aloof passive INTJ to emotional, assertive, and petty but still very INTJ

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.