[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721981718852.jpg (44 KB, 736x736)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Is it possible to stop your hair from falling out when on T?
>>
>>36662252
Literally just Google hair loss prevention meds. There's not that many different ones

Dht blockers (finasteride, dutasteride)
Minox

None guarantee you won't lose any hair
>>
depends on your genetics, if hair loss runs in your family then you will get some amount of hair loss unless you use fin.
>>
>>36662252
There is nothing wrong going bald
>>
>>36662252
Male hair loss occurs because T metabolizes into DHT which binds to androgen receptors in hair follicles and fucks with the growing cycle, leading to follicle miniaturization and eventual hair loss. Whether you are susceptible depends on genetics - every person regardless of sex has either more or less resistant follicles.
There are two classes of meds against this - ones that prevent T from converting into DHT and ones that bind to the follicular androgen receptors and prevent DHT from doing the same.
Neither class of meds is perfect. You'll generally see a slight improvement initially and then go bald slower than someone who isn't on meds.
>>
>>36662944
yeah there is. bald men are ugly
>>
>>36663091
you wanted to be a man, right? comes with the territory, pooner, so get over it
>>
>>36662252
brother, you signed up for this. if it falls out its because this is part of the deal you wanted
>>
>>36662252
fight club fight club fight club ….. Fight club mentioned
>>
File: IMG_5551.jpg (104 KB, 1284x1399)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>36662252
Did you think taking test had no drawbacks and it would make you instantly look like a chad? Lmao
>>
>>36662252
Fin dumbass
>>
>>36662252
>imagine unironically taking the poison known as testosterone
>>
>>36662252
Oral minoxidil + derma rolling

If you take finasteride it will mess with the effects of testosterone so only do that when you’re content with how far you are into your transition
>>
>>36666495
Growing hips permanently disfigures you and makes you slower at running (not long distance tho)
>>
>>36666544
not worth it for the price of getting stuck at the bottom of the society as a f2m
>>
finasteride has worked well for me. wasn't really thinning yet, but I'm italian so i knew the reaper was coming. I was concerned about it killing my sex drive but no such issues.
>>
>>36662252
No, but it’s way slower. All my male family was balding by my age, but I’m fine, just a visually non noticeable amount of thinning.
>>
>>36662362
>>36668693
Pooners can take fin without any concern?
What a crazy chemical world we live in...
>>
>>36662252
In theory Saw Palmetto should prevent the conversion from T to DHT, and it's DHT that causes MPB.
The evidence is pretty weak tho.
>>
dutasteride 2 or 3 times a week
maybe minoxidil too (topical)
good luck Pooner McPoonsters
>>
>>36664177
i'm a cis male and i will kill myself if i go bald

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.