[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do I abuse my healthcare system?
>>
>>36662987
You don't. You're expected to be a good abiding citizen. If you can't do that you shouldn't be allowed to live in a society.
>>
>>36663004
Can tell you're white and not lebo
>>
do what prisoners do

get on centrelink, drink something that kills your liver not enough to kill you, but just enough that you require tens of thousands of dollars of dialysis every month for the next fifty years

if they find you a new liver, rinse and repeat
>>
File: 1720255978619811.gif (1.84 MB, 498x486)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
>>36662987
smoke meth until psychotic episode, get placed on an involuntary and then abuse the nurses at the ER
>>
>>36663024
I can tell you're not white.
>>
>>36662987
The only way I know to abuse it is if you are FtM. They can get fully covered top surgery if they know how to play the game.
Otherwise medicare is systemically hostile to trans healthcare. So much so that they refuse to even assign item codes to trans health procedures, preventing them from even being privately covered. There is an active proposal to assign item codes to these procedures, but MSAC have refused to discuss it at any agenda meetings for almost a year now.
Your best bet remains getting hrt from a private informed consent clinic and then saving up to get any surgeries done in Thailand. Medicare literally puts trans people in a worse state then what American tranners have to deal with in their private system.

Even getting an orchi (one of the few publicly covered procedures) has a 16-24+ month public waiting time on the east coast. It is almost as hard to get it done privately, due to how many private hospitals are religious and legally allowed to refuse trans related surgeries from being done.
As socially good as Australia tends to be when it comes to trans people. There is an overwhelming hostility from within the medical establishment and wider public bureaucracy. Something that neither of our two main parties have any desire to change.
>>
>>36663052
Private orchis aren't hard and wait time is like 4-8 months to get but are expensive. mine is looking at 12k aud in total would be cheaper with private health care but oh well
>>
>>36663024
>>36663042
you are clearly both golliwogs so why the brouhaha about who is or isn't a bushman?
>>
>>36663052
Fuck that sucks
>>
>>36663066
They are not hard to get private. The problem is the surgeon being able to secure a venue for the procedure.
In many locations religiously affiliated hospitals are basically the only game in town and they tend to not allow trans related things.
That said the idea of paying ~12k just to get a day surgery done in a reasonable time-frame is disgusting enough as it is.
>>36663078
This is why Thailand is so popular with Australian tranners. Thailand even recently increased the visa free stay length of Australians.
That said, socially Australia is actually a really good place to be trans. It is just the medical and government side of things that hate us.
>>
>>36663066
that's actually interesting to know, i was looking at getting one some time soonish
>>
File: 1717119201644307.jpg (367 KB, 1169x1357)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
You are only allowed to post about australia in the NZ thread love - there is a perfectly good NZ thread on the log to discuss australia in
>>
>>36663085
Yeah it's costly af because there are only a handful of surgeons that will do it because they have the connections and experience and can charge whatever the fuck
>>
>>36663099
Get your doc to write a mental health care plan on gender dysphoria so you can charge the WPATH appointments under that can save you $1000 bucks.

Most surgeons need a doctor's referal.and a WPATH report to be written at the same rough time before they will consider it. Timing wise you should be aiming to get your WPATH report done at the same time as you do the initial consultation with the surgeon or you will get delayed waiting for the 3-4 psych sessions needed for the report

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.