[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mTi8tu2g_400x400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
okay so i've done all of the research i needed to gather enough confidence to order hrt (EV) package is on the way and everything until i realized that i have absolutely 0 clue on how to know if i'm allergic to valeric acid or hell even the benzyl benzoate cosolvent in it especially since they irritate the skin should i just inject either way? what's the worst that can happen to me
>>
it's very unlikely
if you were you'd probably know
>>
>>36667831
but for my entire life i've never had to do any tests or take any special medication to know so i'm getting really anxious about it :(
>>
>>36667850
you can try rubbing some of the liquid on the inside of your elbow or other areas of sensitive skin to see if you get a reaction
small allergic reactions absolutely can happen from injections, but it's usually like a little bit of swelling and itch, not anaphylaxis
>>
>>36668122
little late but ty i guess in that case it won't hurt to try
>>
>>36668211
it should be fine
it's also possible that you've had those chemicals injected when given vaccinations or something anyway
>>
>>36667809
I'm allergic to something in my EEn injections. When doing subq, i get really bad itching, pain on touch and swelling for several days afterwards, and I can still feel some slight lumps from months ago. I have switched to IM and that is more bearable, I only get some muscle pain when walking for a couple of days afterwards and no lumps, so i do them on fridays because i usually stay home over the weekend. The reaction only appears 12-24 hours after the injections, weirdly enough. I can't really get other injections and don't even know what i'm allergic to, so i'll just thug it out until i can homebrew my own and experiment with different carriers and solvents. It would really suck if it turns out i'm allergic to the preservative. I'll also add that my bloodwork is about half what my projected levels are supposed to be, i know that varies a lot between people so i don't know if it's just random coincidence or my immune system is somehow preventing the estrogen from being absorbed due to the inflammation. This is pure speculation on my part, i have no idea if that is even possible.

Anyway, i also have allergic asthma if that is somehow connected. I'm not allergic to any foods except probably a little bit to kiwi and eggplant. I've never gotten any asthma symptoms from injections thankfully which i sometimes get from other allergens like grass or dust when traveling. I would say you should do your first two injections while you are around other people so you don't die on the very low chance that you go into anaphylactic shock or something if you're worried. Your second exposure to an allergen can be worse than your first one, or so i've heard.
>>
>>36668448
I love you so fucking much this is exactly the information i was hoping to get like what are the likely outcomes of having an allergic reaction to something in the injection, from what i could gather i think it's highly unlikely i'll have an allergic reaction to the majority of the substances in the EV since everyone is exposed to E2 and as the other anon said the presence of the BB is very likely to have been in some vaccines, like at absolute WORST i am allergic to something which is present in very low amounts anyways ty so so much i feel alot better now <3 hope you can find an answer to why you get such a reaction maybe you could mess around with patches or pills to see if they illicit a similar response
>>
>>36667809
It will itch. That's the reaction. It's also not a big deal. I was initially allergic to it but after about 2 months I stopped reacting. It will feel like a hard knot that's super itchy. You'll be fine.
>>
>>36667809
im allergic to literally everything and didnt think about that before injecting ev and it gave me a sort of itchy lump under my skin that went away after a week and if any liquid spilled out the skin in that area would itch/burn a bit but thats kind of it...
>>
>>36668622
Patches are expensive, and i've been on pills but they're just so much more inconvenient even considering the allergic reaction. And also more expensive. With IM it's really not that bad, I guess my one piece of advice is to try IM next time if subq gives you a reaction

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.