[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: privilege.png (145 KB, 739x577)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
I have a theory that trans people don't benefit from male or female privilege pre-transition to the same extent as most people would think. Or may come from cultures where one sex is favored even if it's not the usual sex(i.e. China having more pooners because it's a cultural unusually harsh to women).

With that said, a few survey questions:
>Are you MTF or FTM?
>What age did you transition at?
>Were you gender conforming as your birth sex? Were you more or less normal for your birth sex or did you have hormonal issues(i.e. facial as afab)?
>Do you feel you benefited from male or female privilege(i.e. male privilege if amab, female if afab) as your birth sex?
>Did you feel discriminated against in your birth sex for being your birth sex? i.e. chinese afab with a misogynist confucian family who wished they'd had a son but can't under the one child policy.
>Do you feel you benefit from male or female privilege now that you've transitioned(as the sex you present as)?
>Give some context about the culture you grew up in
>>
>>36668990
I love surveys they make me feel important
>mtf
>16 but started hormones right after 17th birthday
>I developed normally, had a pretty normal male puberty, acted like a normal male ig
>I def think I benefited as a male. people just have more respect for guys and it felt like ppl assumed I was smarter and more capable as a male but maybe that's partially because my body language changed after I transitioned
>no I didnt feel discriminated for being male at all really
>def not but that's probably bc I'm unpassing. most ppl prob assume I'm a feminine guy or a trans person so I've def gotten lots of strange looks and rude interactions
>I was born and raised in the wealthy white suburbs of Chicago. I am half Indian half white so I def stand out for both my skin color and my gender now
>>
>>36668990
>MTF
>Transitioned at 16
>Behaviourally mostly just a normal nerd stuff tho did like things like plushies and cute animals than most guys seemed to. Appearance wise I was androgynous looking and waifish due to being skinny and a late puberty.
>Yes. People always bullied me for not looking masculine and for openly not even wanting to try by lifting. And I had teachers tell me I was degen for my long hair and androgynous appearance. And some people would expect me to be strong because I was a guy even though I was weaker than most girls. And in the STEM fields I'm interested in their is a lot of financial aid available to only women.
>I pass and def benefit from female privilege. I basically get free zero effort social interaction in nerd spaces. Other girls are nice and friendly with me and treat me as one of them. And I'll probably start getting some of that women in stem scholarship money next year. And I don't get expected to do heavy lifting or just generally be treated as critically as guys do
>I grew up in Massachusetts so liberal US state.
>>
File: IMG_9249.png (105 KB, 680x526)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>36668990
>Are you MTF or FTM?
Ftm
>What age did you transition at?
12-16, then repressed until 25.
>Were you gender conforming as your birth sex?
22-24 yes, otherwise no.
>Were you more or less normal for your birth sex or did you have hormonal issues(i.e. facial as afab)?
Low digit ratio if that’s what you mean.
>Do you feel you benefited from male or female privilege(i.e. male privilege if amab, female if afab) as your birth sex?
There is no such thing as female privilege, unless you also believe in dog privilege.
>Did you feel discriminated against in your birth sex for being your birth sex?
Only from Indians once I started white collar work (programmer). In retrospect it was likely happening but I was oblivious.
>Do you feel you benefit from male or female privilege now that you've transitioned(as the sex you present as)?
Yes, I’ve job searched as both and it’s much easier. Everything is easier in general.
>Give some context about the culture you grew up in
Grew up in the Midwest, in NYC since adulthood.
>>
>>36668990
Not answering the survey itself since I’m a despicable boymoder and so who knows how I’d be treated as a woman, but I’d imagine trans people have the privilege of their new sex just as much as any other person what, but they have other oppressions from other areas (disproportionate poverty, isolation, depression, etc.) that drag them back on net. Intersectionality’s unironically a great theory, even though it seems basically nobody applies it in good faith
>>
>>36669461
Digit ratio would be a good proxy though not the only one. Why were you gc at 22-24? Repping?
>>
>>36669573
Repping yeah, thought if I tried properly it would help, or I could at least say I tried
>>
So far seems like how gender conforming you are is the main determinant of if you experience privilege or not. May be other factors tho like how passoid mtf experiences female but not reppoon. Like your past experiences coloring if you have it or not,
I.e. better to be a gc girl than a gnc guy which is read as privilege and vice versa though whether it’s actually privilege or not is hard to tell.

Also Indian and possibly Midwest misogyny seem like things.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.