[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7544.jpg (52 KB, 702x555)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
i have the autism that makes you stare at people. i love people and i love looking at them but i kinda have to stop
whenever i see a fellow tranny or on rare occasions a fellow boymoder i stare at them and it's actually an issue. i rarely make eye contact but i feel such a kinship i struggle to stop myself from staring
all my friends i stare at because staring at them makes me happy, but it's kinda weird and sometimes they look uncomfy about it so i try to limit myself but it's hard
i've noticed recently also when i look (i usually don't stare but i will briefly look) at strangers on the street they smile at me, and i do not know how to smile on command. how does one do that and why are they smiling at me
when i was a kid i used to wear sunglasses all the time so i could stare at all the strangers but i don't really care to stare at strangers anymore

is this malebrained or fembrained and how do i stop
>>
>>36672130
Be more like these fucker and rock the sunglasses look mate
>>
>>36672158
the only people i really stare at now are my friends and trannies i clock though so that wouldn't be too helpful and i'm not wearing sunglasses inside
anyway vriska did nothing wrong
>>
>>36672130
malebrained as hell but also kinda adorable. too bad youre a tranny, we need more cute autistic bfs who dont have agp
>>
>>36672208
I'll be honest, I've only gotten a bit into act 2 so far so I have no idea who vriska is, maybe just stare at the ground inside?
>>
>>36672245
>*instead, I meant instead, not inside
>>
>>36672130
malebrained but cute. sunglasses are genuinely a good shout
>>
>>36672245
good luck, are you reading on the unofficial homestuck collection?
anyway yeah, i do try to stare at the ground but it's kinda hard... and with my friends i kinda just either make no eye contact or stare into their soul every possible second
>>36672308
i'm worried sunglasses will make it worse because i'll get too used to doing it and then when i can't wear sunglasses, eg inside, it will be more of an issue
>>36672215
>>36672308
i don't think it's cute in reality, maybe theoretically. i have a very inexpressive face so i just sort of blankly stare into their eyes and then occasionally realise i've been staring too long and look at something else
also sometimes i stare at other expressive parts like their hands or their mouth so i think sometimes it comes across as quite creepy
>>
>>36672390
>i'm worried sunglasses will make it worse because i'll get too used to doing it and then when i can't wear sunglasses, eg inside, it will be more of an issue
i guess this makes sense as a concern. the issue is that actively masking it is going to take a lot of conscious effort and ultimately that's why autists tend to feel so tired from social interaction, constantly having to check for things like that
in the nicest possible way, never be afraid to make things easier for yourself, we are literally living on hard mode
>i don't think it's cute in reality, maybe theoretically. i have a very inexpressive face so i just sort of blankly stare into their eyes and then occasionally realise i've been staring too long and look at something else
>also sometimes i stare at other expressive parts like their hands or their mouth so i think sometimes it comes across as quite creepy
sweetheart, just because normalfags get weirded out by it doesn't mean it's not cute
ultimately like you shouldn't feel like you have to make facial movements to align with a social code and i think that given it seems to be (as you describe it) a form of endearment then maybe you should try and surround yourself with people who actually recognise that
like i totally get why you'd be self-conscious about it, it's completely understandable, but ultimately the argument that normalfags use of you making them "uncomfortable" is a non-issue because you can't help it (and, frankly, shouldn't be forced to)
>t. autistic but also dated a cute autistic boy for a while who did almost exactly this
>>
I would not stare as much really. veer off and look off to the side. I do that.
I'm retarded. But not autist
>>
>>36672446
>never be afraid to make things easier on yourself
i think i could maybe wear sunglasses more often but i still think it's something i have to mask to some extent
>it seems to be (as you describe it) a form of endearment
yeah, i stare at people more the more i like them or think i like them because it makes me happy to see them. but idk how exactly people are meant to recognise that that's why i do it
thanks for your affirmations i appreciate it. i think most of my friends don't mind it and/or are also autists so maybe i should worry about it less around them
but i really should stop staring at strangers
>>36672464
i do try to do that but it's kinda difficult to consciously keep up and then if i do people still expect some level of eye contact. and when i'm out my eyes sorta bounce around like i'm scanning the environment for threats and it's kinda hard to exhibit conscious control over them
>>
>>36672688
where do u live u sweetheart u darling we can be frens
>>
>>36672688
>i think i could maybe wear sunglasses more often but i still think it's something i have to mask to some extent
that's alright! as i say, it's not like i'm trying to tell you what to do, just a suggestion if it helps. :)
>yeah, i stare at people more the more i like them or think i like them because it makes me happy to see them. but idk how exactly people are meant to recognise that that's why i do it
i think to a certain extent you just... know? probably from context clues or whatnot. idk specifically.
>thanks for your affirmations i appreciate it. i think most of my friends don't mind it and/or are also autists so maybe i should worry about it less around them
it's a pleasure! and ideally, you should feel more comfortable around your friends. if they're all autists then most of them probably won't mind anyways.
>but i really should stop staring at strangers
still totally makes sense, and i hope this doesn't end up being too difficult for you
ygmi! :D
>>
>>36672725
i live in australia we probably aren't near...
>>36672759
thank you, you're so nice. wagmi
>>
ur very funni op u should be friends with sasha
>>
>>36672898
thanks, i don't know who sasha is though
>>
>>36672883
melbourne?
>>
>>36672883
are u that frankston poster
>>
File: 1237816562312.jpg (32 KB, 797x746)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>36674892
come to frankston
find out
>>
>>36672883
ADELAIDE
D
E
L
A
I
D
E
>>
>>36674938
what is frankston even like demographically? muslims, sudanese, asians? is it even that dangerous anymore? feels like an old stereotype. one time when i was on the train to footscray station i was swarmed by a group of intoxicated sudanese men, and one behind me played an electric razor sound on his phone and held it up to my head, to prank me. i dont like the africans here. they're always in gangs
>>
>and i do not know how to smile on command. how does one do that and why are they smiling at me
You know how when you were a dude and you made eye contact with other men they nodded at you? its a gendered identify friend or foe system but women don't get nods they get a brief smile
>>
>>36674959
it is a gentrified mega-expensive beach side suburb that would be up there with the likes of brighton if it wasn't so far from the CBD demographically it is disproportionately white and chinese and viets are probably the second most common i dont know i usually forget my callipers.
>>
>>36674892
no?
>>36674969
huh, i didn't know that. that explains a lot actually thanks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.