[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: colere.gif (83 KB, 220x212)
83 KB
83 KB GIF
Am I "entailed" for thinking my parents have an obligation to take care of me, as a 19 year old schizoaffective trans girl?

I'm 1 of 3 siblings, and mom sold our 5 bedroom 5 bathroom house with the expectation that she'd have an empty nest in a years time. Now she's taking out tons of anger on me because I haven't moved out yet.

I'm 19, have been in and out of the mental hospital, and have never had a job before. Yet she has this delusional expectation that I'm going to be gone in a few months. She's also been taunting me with the fact she no longer has legal custody of me, and can kick me out whenever she wants.

For the record, I live in the NYC suburbs and there's no place to rent here that's under $1,200 a month. My mom is utterly delusional. She's genuinely a "low IQ" person. She doesn't have any hobbies, she just sits and watches the real housewives all day. She's 47 and thought Chicago was in Michigan, does not understand basic words like "infantilize", and told me she wants Oprah Winfrey to run for president. The fact she's in charge of my wellbeing is genuine malpractice and I'm embarrassed to have her genes inside of me
>>
>>37299179
She's trying to tell you to GTFO in most subtle ways possible.
And you've posted about this multiple times now.
>>
Oh, it's you once again. Well, as her offspring you are her responsibility and there should some measure of care from her side but since you've already pointed it out, she's a completely useless person and arguing with her will lead to nothing. Are you the oldest one of your siblings? I suppose so, then asking either of them for help is out of the question. At this point the only solution is for you to find some way to make money ASAP and see if you can find someone to split rent with. I suppose that there are apps and websites that could aid you on finding one such arrangement. Your situation is a fucked one, but at this point you are well past the point of sulking in self pity, so you either sink forever or at the very least try to get somewhere. It's unfair, but it's what you have to deal with from now on.

Also cut contact with her once you've moved out, as soon as possible hopefully. She seems to be the type who'll either kick you out or parasite of anything you'll make to have you as a source of income.
>>
>>37299179
I still live with my family and I’m a lot older than you. I’ve had similar struggles with my health and mental health, I still got through college and I bring in money. I don’t really think it’s shameful to live at home in this economy, but you do have to try and contribute the best you can.
>>
>>37299179
what about getting a boyfriend to take care of you???
>>
If you’re well enough to bitch and complain about it you’re well enough to get a job and some roommates and rent a spare bedroom

The house was never “ours” you didn’t help pay for it
You criticize your mom for watching tv all day and not having a wide vocabulary but you wont take care of yourself
People who work to support themselves and others are too tired after a long day of work for hobbies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.