[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: img.jpg (3.87 MB, 3891x6270)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
mtf here.
today i noticed something while playing with stable diffusion.
i created image pairs with the same seeds.
left prompt is "transwoman photo", and right prompt is "trans woman photo".

it was interesting noticing how the spacing of the word affects the result.

>"transwoman photo"
generally looks more masculine, with few exceptions. some of these results make me think "trans woman", while certain others blur the line with "drag queen" or "crossdresser" to me. the make-up also looks harsher. one even has a flat, masculine chest with chest hairs.

>"trans woman photo"
generally looks more feminine, more womanly. speaking as a trans woman myself, these photos generally still remind me more of trans woman than cis women, or look in "possibly trans" range. but in any case, these all look like women, and many look like they would pass. whereas only some of the opposite category looked like women.

i'm curious what could be affecting this bias!

>my thoughts:
it's generally known that "transwoman" without the space is often used as an anti-trans dogwhistle.
whereas i've noticed "trans woman" with the space is used more commonly in non-reactionary material.
anti-trans media, which often uses the spelling "transwomen", commonly like to paint trans women as being the same as a drag queen.
an example was the drag queen storytime thing being blamed on trans women, by anti-trans reactionists.

i wonder if this kind of bias made its way into SD's dataset! and that's why the images are turning out this way.
i'm also curious if this bias persists in similar software like dalle-3.

how much do you think the spelling of "trans woman" vs. "transwoman" affects how we are perceived in written material?
>>
yes, a trans woman is a woman
and a transwoman is a transwoman
>>
>>37300264
Thats interesting, I assume data labelled "transwoman" is often the ugliest picture an angry cishon could find. Whereas data labelled "trans woman" is often a self descriptor by someone posting the best selfie they could take.
I think this likely explains most of the difference
>>
>>37300310
yeah, this makes sense.
>>
>>37300264
every one of them mogs me
>>
people who use the word "transwoman" are more likely to be TERFs posting repfuel. it's also a separate keyword than woman
using "trans woman" is using two keywords: "trans" which includes everything from trans men to theyfabs so the hon association is diluted and "woman" , which balances out the other keyword.
people who label an image "trans woman" are more likely to see trans women as just another subtype of women like black women or old women or russian women or mean women, unlike "transwoman" which implies a new word that still makes reference to the concept of woman in its etymology but doesn't necessarily denote the same thing.
>>
>>37300264
would, would, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, wouldn't, would
>>
>>37301596
lmao
>>
transwo man
>>
>>37300264
"Transwoman" means the result will only be based on trannies. "Trans" and "Woman" means it'll be based on trannies + women. The latter will of course look more feminine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.