[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5.jpg (191 KB, 737x1024)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
I'll start:

A normal part of life is bad stuff happening in your external world (i.e. deaths of family or getting fired), but the damage that unwanted sex hormones do to your body straddles the boundary between the internal and external worlds in a way that really destroys "you" as a person, and whatever life you were going to have absent this

With this comes
>depersonalization/dulled emotions
>maladaptive coping mechanisms (dissociation through consumption of games and youtube)
>inability to pursue sex/dating like others
>inability to imagine my future, or be fully present
>can't genuinely connect with people
>difficulty being employed

Worst of all is the intense sadness, hopelessness, and physical sense of wrongness I feel from just not being female, simply existing in my body. I can live without dating, or real friendships, etc, but the feeling of "I'm not me" is a whole other depth of despair that I can't even fully convey to someone who doesn't share this experience. It makes everything meaningless

And many misguidedly advocate for policy that dooms others to this same experience, and have some pseudo-religious belief that they're good for doing so
>>
>>37317975
My most "awful trans experience" was the years I spent forced into a role that didn't fit, I still hate how much dissonance is caused by it and how people downplay how much it sucked
>but you were happy at any given point, it couldn't have been bad!
I'm still trying to work on my abject hatred for my past life, I've been trying to imagine my "inner child" as the child I wish I had been because the actuality makes me aggressively angry. Existential woes are a bitch, most people don't even understand mind-body dualism
>>
File: 20220907_1813_Medusa.jpg (820 KB, 1200x1200)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
>>37317975

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll only add that most people are animals trapped in their own ignorance, unable to look up from the mud and the feed and see they're headed for the slaughthouse. They won't understand not having theory of mind is the reason they'll get much less than they deserve, as their ignorance is systematically taken advantage of and twisted into a craving for oppression and obedience. It's truly sickening what humans have been turned into by nature (god) and the government, none of which give a shit about them despite how desperately they cling to the values you mentioned. You are in a sort of hell aren't you, just like me. One more thing actually. I'm sorry. From the bottom of my heart, I'm so sorry.
>>
>>37318146
>You are in a sort of hell aren't you, just like me
Yes, my body is this sensory hell. I wasn't smart enough or courageous enough or rational enough to connect the dots and properly conceptualize my discomfort with my body, when it started getting bad at 11, and order prescription drugs online as a teenager, or tell parents what I was going through once I figured it out. It was easier to instead just gradually shut down, but you can't run from it forever; eventually you have to become a functioning member of society

I know 100% that I would be happy if I were either born female or given the drugs I needed to instead go through female puberty. I really have everything else going for me in life, but this one detail causes a degree of pain that I doubt most people could even imagine

It feels like my life was just stolen from me, and I'm now in some purgatory. I used to be optimistic that I would grow into a woman and be happy, but 18-24 horrifically deformed my skull and now my optimism is gone, I feel like life is indefinitely on hold, and I don't know how to continue. I make progress toward not being a NEET, but then being more present inevitably makes the pain worse and leads to me sobbing on the floor and needing to dissociate again. I need to get a job with my CS degrees and save a fuckton of money over several years to go to a good surgeon, all to have a chance and not even a guarantee of fixing this

It's mentally and emotionally exhausting
>>
>>37318494

Personally I don't bother. Trying to fix what's been done to me I mean. I was "raped" out of a normal healthy life, and it is happening to countless others. Pulling things into perspective from a wider POV my life doesn't matter, so I focus maintaining that perspective. I can die on a whim now and leave all the stories here, miserable or joyful behind as just a short dream during my otherwise perfect sleep. If you do give up like me hopefully there's some solace in that. In the fact that your world and mine will become very small in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>37318599
Sometimes it feels like that's the only option, but I want to try first, however futile it may or may not be

I hope you're eventually able to find some kind of peace

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.