[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5b4cc645f3191c00115e6432.jpg (1.03 MB, 2560x2560)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
does anyone from here know about her? are u excited for the album?
>>
Death
>>
>>37338103
Why do people call big soph a gigahon when we have THIS soph already
Holy expanded facial planes
>>
File: IMG_4462.jpg (81 KB, 700x1200)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>37338103
I wasn’t opposed on principle to the songs being released post mortem, but nothing from the album so far sounds that interesting to me, I’d be surprised if any of the songs were already mostly mixed and just waiting for release
>>
File: 1720111074956276.png (301 KB, 1024x592)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>37338103
what album? shes fucking dead anon
>>
I make music (I'm not great at it)
Sometimes I'll be 98% done with a song and then decide it sucks and trash it and it never sees the light of day
So I always ignore posthumous releases. Would Sophie actually want us to hear these? No way to know. She never released them and now she never will. Picking up someone's "mostly finished" scraps just feels disrespectful
>>
>>37338103
i liked the lead single "reason why" a lot when it was an unreleased demo so its cool seeing it released, but the other three singles so far has been so fucking boring
>>
>>37340386
She had an album in the works during the pandemic that was supposedly almost finished, just unmixed, so they've finished it off and are saying it's the last thing that will be released by her estate since it was already greenlit when she was alive
Looks like it'll have too many vocal features for my taste desu, she seemed to be stepping away from the experimental stuff toward mostly just making well-produced pop
>>
>>37341126
You see I just don't believe it at all
The stuff she was releasing just before her death didn't sound like that
I bet her brothers taking creative liberties. Inviting guests vocalists to fill in holes
>>
>>37338103
There's been like a bunch of threads about her recently, check the archives
I hope Heaven Suspended gets a lossless release given she already approved it to be livestreamed before she died
>>
>>37340529
this. i dont want to experience something someone made, hated and released because they died. its like digital graverobbing
>>
>>37338686
Holy expanded facial planes batman! this trannies in for a lot of trouble

ON SEPTEMBER 10TH 2001 THE US GOVERNMENT THE US GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCED THEY LOST 2.3 TRILLION DOLLARS
>>
File: 373345520.jpg (453 KB, 1156x1720)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
She was killed to death.
Rip in peace.
>>
>>37341161
>>37340529
This is the opposite of one of those cases. She had a ton of compositions like Burn Rubber and an entire mostly-finished album called Transnation which had a lot of live fan favourites like Take Me To Dubai and Sunscreen on it, and they're sitting on all of that because it's all stuff she said she wanted scrapped when she was alive. The album they're putting together is what she pivoted to during 2020 and was essentially done. They've been so stingy elsewise (there's allegedly as many as 3 music videos that were filmed for Transnation tracks and we're never gonna see any of them) it makes no sense for us to assume it's a cashgrab in this case. The only thing I'd wonder is if she would have used her own vocals again for any of these tracks rather than it being features & whether the sequencing had already been decided.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.