[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: AA1phb8R.jpg (46 KB, 768x384)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>"oh you see bruce, im actually a lesbian! i only ever have sex with every rich and powerful man on gotham in order to collect information and manipulate them! its all part of my master plan to restore earth's plant life! its not like im attracted to men or anything i actually hate doing it but theres simply no other way!"
>"now take those fucking clothes off battyboy i have some information to collect. also i have dinner with harley at 10 and i need to clean the cum off myself before she sees me naked so do it quickly but not *too* quickly"

>lesbians still consider her character to be great lesbian representation anyways

do lesbians really? i mean ig her character in the animated shows is different and she hasnt had sex with a man onscreen in the comics in a while but still
>>
please go back
>>
There's literally just no good representation. If this is what it's like for lesbian rep then imagine the other letters kek. You can forget good trans rep for instance, and where even are the gay male characters
>>
>>37637064

ivy wasn’t originally lesbian in the comics and it was a new thing, comics aren’t consistent
>>
File: 6515340-poison_ivy.jpg (168 KB, 585x758)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>37637064
lesbians dont read the comics, they only see the animated shows were poison ivy is a manhating feminist lesbian who has never touched a man and not the slut who has slept with bruce like 100 times
>>37637090
ok, but its still very weird to make the whore character whos main strategy of combat being walking around naked and seducing and sleeping with men to either gather information or kill them a lesbian. i mean, catwoman is basically the same but at least shes canonnically bi. and the weirdest part is that poison ivy has no excuse to fuck men considering shes one of the most powerful villans on batmans rougues gallery. catwoman is just a human woman so it makes sense she would resort to her body to gather information, but poison ivy can create an entire jungle if she wanted. it makes her excuse of only sleeping with men for strategic reasons very weak, it just makes her coming out as moreso a political lesbian who got tired of being used by men than a real one, especially since shes now a huge misandrist. they shouldve either just made her bi, or give harley an actual lesbian partner like batwoman(kate kane)
>>
>>37637171
>ok, but its still very weird to make the whore character whos main strategy of combat being walking around naked and seducing and sleeping with men to either gather information or kill them a lesbian.
Original series are hardly produced anymore, an exception would be something like Steven Universe which kinda turned out more like a squishy "queer nonbinary" show than a "lesbian" one.
If you're a lesbian writer for an existing franchise (and I'm being generous here while actually, whose decision was it? We're just assuming it was some lesbian writer but do you know?) then your best option is often to co-opt a character at best.
>>
>>37637064
they changed that because the man-eater female villain trope is extremely dated considering we're in a an era where its okay as a woman to want and enjoy having sex now. a well deserved rewrite considering Poison ivy as well as Harley are more anti heros now or at least as neutral as Catwoman
>>
>>37637240
alysia yeoh(batgirl) is a newly created character whos a trans woman and kate kane(batwoman) is a new character who is a lesbian. it is better to create a new character to make a lesbian than to take one who has a history of sleeping with men and make her one. at least make her bi
>>37637282
i still think its a bad rewrite imo, it just isnt convincing. trying to rewrite a character who is extremely promiscuous towards men as lesbian just leaves a weird taste in my mouth. i wonder if during batfamily reunions batman looks at harley with a knowing smug look that says "hehe i fucked your gf >:)" whenever hes mad at her
>>
>>37637374
BATMAN USED TO DANCE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.