[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (75 KB, 870x351)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
I said I'd do it, here it is. New/Lit/ Magazine (Name Pending).
The important part about this project is that it is not for the vanity of the editor, as has been seen in other magazines. The first-person pronoun "I" will not be used in reference to the facillitator of this publication in any communications within these threads or elsewhere. The editor has no ambitions or agenda, but to make some of the most important modern intellectual voices heard (you).
The editor reserves the right to make mistakes, get drunk on weekends, and generally be autistic. If for any reason you wish to make the editor rich and successful, kill yourself.

>Submissions will be taken in this thread.
>There are no Discord chats, no email lists, just active work being done here.
>When/If one thread hits its limit, the next thread will come. Updates will be marked with "UPDATE #, ISSUE #" for clarity.
>Publications will be marked with "PUBLISHED" and a link. Print versions will be explored in small volumes, provided we get past #5 issues.
>Printed publications will be sold on-margin to pay for the ink. All transactional data regarding this will be posted in-thread if it ever happens.

>Vote on a Name Here:
https://strawpoll.com/eJnvvblMGnv

>What can I write?
We need short stories, medium stories, long stories, comics, art, cover art, schizophrenic ramblings, political groanings, poetry, and prose, and especially letters to the editor to make the magazine better. Mark your submissions accordingly in the title.
>How do I submit?
Anything posted in this thread will be used for the project. Don't be afraid to link your works.
>How long will the magazine be?
We're starting with a 32 page monthly magazine for proof of concept, but will adjust volume and frequency according to participation.
>When will it be out?
You'll know as soon as I do, anon. I'll tell you in the thread.
>I don't like any of this
Post suggestions. We'll make it better, anon.
>>
File: wdytwa.jpg (67 KB, 644x644)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>23248778
Undercut by the man already. Here's a new strawpoll.

https://strawpoll.com/XOgONRA8rn3
>>
No one seems interested
>>
File: 1711559706973641.jpg (816 KB, 1593x2048)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
>>23249442
So long as they finally come to an answer regarding 'why' it does or does not happen, I could not care less.
>>
>>23249711
>Why?
&amp was born out of collaborations like The Annotated Moby Dick, Coronameron, and the fake philosopher threads. Unaffiliated anons working together on a series of one-off projects realized they had talent and commitment, and wanted to expand their scope beyond the original narrow definitions of these projects. They were having fun and wanted it to continue. Entirely organic and not achieved via cynical deliberation. The difference between the vibe of those projects and the difference between the current vibe is the difference between a few buddies playing poker in the garage for fun, and someone begging a slot machine to finally pay off.
>Why not?
Basically, this 'scene' has been wrung dry. With the &amp editors personal problems and repeated 'fake magazine' psyops, you'll have a hell of a time convincing anyone that he isn't involved or waiting in the wings to trash the project if he isn't included (not saying he would, just pointing out the general perception). On top of that, you had books like Mixtape Hyperborea which did impress /lit/, but went absolutely nowhere else afterwards. It's over. It's done. There's nothing here. Go do something else.
>>
>>23249939
>t. Ari
I assumed this new magazine shit was another of your psyops to make &amp look bad, but since you're crabbing in this thread it looks like some other fag is behind it.
>>
File: GKQX_HuakAMKXeO.jpg (242 KB, 1200x1394)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
I'll follow this thread to see if this is just more gay drama or something worth contributing to
>>
>>23249939
>&amp
That was born out people seething about not getting into lit quarterly.
>>
File: 1705666937095594.jpg (118 KB, 1284x939)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>23249939
i mean im cool with &amp, i thought it held a really great standard for how collaborations should be done, but then they started taking it off-website and that is where one complicates and builds an identity on something which should instead remain immortal in its anonymity. An eternal collective dialogue building upon The Great Conversation.

I think if &amp were to continue, it should espouse more of whatever I have up there, because that should be fundamental to what we mean to achieve here as anons.

I know I'm down. Shit, I'll post my long story here, chapter by chapter and make it into a fanfiction magazine with fake ads if I have to. I just think it'd be nice to have you along.
>>
File: camara lighthouse.jpg (118 KB, 1024x683)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>23248778
>TITLE:
>/LIT/TORAL ["coastal"]
>>
>>23248778
rant on philosopical structure:

i has come to my attention, and been the object of my great detestment that there exists
a general consensus of determinism in the common vogue,
but no only that, a fundemental belief in the truthes of the world and the past being a set in stone list of objects to be discovered.
in the following rant i would like to despell these thoughts in the reader

to start, i must take several pre requisites
the first being that the human senses are fundementally limited.
this is backed by most modern science, but i am specifically stating it as an axiom

the second is that things are what they are, and cant be what they're not.
what i mean is, a thing is defined by its connections to the world around it, and were another thing to exist with the same connections,
it would, in effect be the same thing

given these we can reduce the experience of the soul,(the things we see, hear and feel) to a very very large series of numbers, and regardless of how long the seris of numbers is,
there is no wrong answer for what comes next, only simple answers and complex ones. lets take a given sequence 1, 2. what could come next?
it could be that f(x)=x, and therefore 3, it could be that f(x) = 2^x-1, and therefore 4, but it also could be literally any other number, given we add complexity

a
1 b
1 -> 2 -> c
if we set a= 0 we get b=1 and so c (f(x)) = three, but if we set a=2 we get 5, and the equasion f(x)= (x-1)^2 + 1, and we may aquire any given value of a if we set our "a" to the correct value
thus anything could be next
but most notabley, anything could be. there are multiple possible pasts that could have made our future,
and all of them are partially true, but not neccacarely equally
and likewise there are multiple things that could make up our present, if one rolls a dice under a cup,
the dice hasnt truly landed on any face until the cup is removed, as the property of its faces havent interacted with the observer, all of them are the same (and a thing is what it is)

a thing exists by its relations to other things, so if a thing has no relations to anything, its the same as if it did not exist,
but therefore, if a thing has no relations to you, direct or otherwise, its does not exit to you, existance being relative in this way
so, any details you will never percive, never exist, and until the data for a fact about the world reveals itself, the fact does not exist
meaning that when the great masters of old, whom probably existed, conjectured that the world was flat, or timeless, or that gravity affected heavy things more,
they were actually correct, until the evidencial dissonence came into being.

so in conclusion, there is not one truth to the world, until we find it, at which point there is
(-by a,non)
>>
>>23251317
*meant to have read

a
1 b
1->2->c
>>
>>23248778
strawpoll removed ur poll they hate us because they aint us
>>
>>23248778
>Anything posted in this thread will be used for the project. Don't be afraid to link your works.
that's gay. make an email address we can submit to and at least use SOME discernment in what submissions make it into the final product. why bother making a webzine just to slap everyone's (already visible) shitposts into a pdf?
>>
>>23251323

o a
o 1 b
o1 -> 2 -> 3
>>
>>23251421
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
_-_-_-_-_a-_-_-_-_-_-_-
_-_-_-_-1-_b-_-_-_-_-_-_-
_-_-_-1->2->3_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
>>
>>23248778
I propose that the first issue be themed as "Cut vs Uncut" and every author of the /lit/ renaissance submits a photograph of their penis and the readers will be encouraged to comment and rate. There will be essays argueing the various merits of circumcised and uncircumcised. Waldun will contribute a Beat Generation style poem about his tiny Asian penis and how that makes him feel. Woolston will write a short story about being uncut and fucking dirty bushpig girls in rural Australia. Zulu will write an essay about the time he sucked off another US Army recruit in the showers at basic training and the political implications thereof.
It will be a great issue of a great magazine.
>>
>>23251627
I like the theme of Old vs. New somehow.
>>23248778
How come you don't at least have an email inbox? How would you submit stories in the thread without them being 8 part posts? And by that time everyone will have seen them already.
>>
>>23251390
>>23251795
Well while we're on the topic... Why NOT a discord either? The OP asked for guidance in the last thread. There's like 4 posters in this thread right now. Put up a discord, we can join, close it, and then there's an editing staff. "Discord" has this idea to it. Just don't make a reader discord, never act like a faggot, and then there's a space to work together.
>>
>>23251627
Um, Woolston is cut— very common in the olden days of Oz.

>>23251844
No.
>>
>>23251998
Wow le ebin 4chan magazine can't wait to see your hilarious shitposts converted to a pdf.
>>
>>23252005
e-mail will do, chudsistxr; e–mail will do.
>>
>>23252009
>gmail trannies
>>
>>23248778

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VRdlOc_opICocT-XM7HbhnCidgGUwLex/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=107432595229810072714&rtpof=true&sd=true

Here's a link to an essay that should fit nicely with the theme of "Schizophrenic Ramblings"

I have short fiction but thirty-two pages seems like not enough to contain it. The one I would submit is 4200 words.
>>
>>23252039
you retards will call anything gay. gmail is fine
>>
>>23249939
Didn't we already go through this, Atlas? your new psyop won't work you haggard trodden bitch. You already scared everyone off with your schizo-trolling ,and now you're picking at my carcass with this "new" magazine which inevitably you'll abandon and let rot just like every other one of your projects. Fuck you.
>>
>>23252653
Hartley here. This post is not me. &amp is alive and well and I endorse this magazine! Healthy competition is always a good thing.
>>
>>23251844
This is a good idea. Just don't act like discord trannies and all will be fine. It's a good space for consolidating quality anon material.
>>
>>23252653
>>23252663
The REAL Ryan here. Fuck both of you whoever you are. If this is Atlas then you really need to get a new hobby or a boy you can suck dry because this is just pathetic. The new &amp issue is in the works and as always we are open for submissions. Not sure about this new magazine...i've seen so many flowers wilt and shed their pretty petals to the soot. But as long as there are Anons willing to submit polished material then everything else is secondary.
>>
>>23252653
>>23252663
>>23252674
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I don't feel flattered. Whoever is pretending to be me in these threads needs to stop. I have nothing to do with this project and more importantly WANT nothing to do with this project or any other after how /lit/ has treated a sincere endeavor to bring to the public spotlight aspiring authors. The trolling on these threads has permanently ruined my relationship with Robert James Cross and Improvidence by David Herod is hanging by a thread. I had to get it finished out of promise and obligation. But I barely surf the interwebs now so whatevah. Can't say I'm even depressed any more even tho I've been forced to cut ties with my homeboys and sell flowers I snipped on morgan park. but hey, all in a day.
>>
>>23252653
>>23252674
This isn’t my project and I had nothing to do with it at all?? Leave me alone
>>
>>23252702
I typed the trip wrong but I fixed it
>>
>>23252653
>which inevitably you'll abandon and let rot just like every other one of your projects
why did you even say that how did you know that I wrote about that before? about all of the creative projects that I abandoned because I was too sad to focus on them I wrote about that before but only Ari knows about that and logs it and you used the exact words I used so I know that you are Ari you have to be Ari?? please don’t be mad at me because I didn’t even make this thread and I didn’t even make this magazine and the post you’re replying to isn’t even me it’s not even me I promise??? Please don’t be mad and hate me anymore I’m so sorry please don’t say those things and call me bad things I’m sorry I’m not doing any schizo trolling because I’m not the schizo and I never wanted to scare anyone at all I’m not even doing any psyops ever because I don’t want to do any psyops I only made &non because Ryan told me to do it as a psyop it wasn’t even my idea to do it and I told everyone the truth about &non in October so the psyop would be over and I’m telling the truth because I promised I would always tell you the truth from now on and I have to keep my promise so you won’t hate me even more?? when I made the first /lit/ a history thread I didn’t even make it as a psyop I just wanted to do something nice to help with the mega I didn’t even make the other copied threads and I’m not trying to pick at your carcass at all I’m not trying to do anything to hurt you or make you upset please don’t say those things I’m sorry I can’t please don’t be angry and hate me like this
>>
>>23252674
Real Ryan here for real irl. Remembering the dead is my favorite book of all time, kiss me arse.
>>
>>23252695
You don’t even sound like him.
I mean me.
>>
Ryan Hartley here, founder of &amp by /lit/, 4chan’s very own literary magazine. Just wanted to remind everybody that &amp Magazine Issue Twenty is in the works, but we’re not accepting submissions, because the writing around here is quite poor.
>>
File: votes.png (52 KB, 885x437)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>23251317
>>23252056
Alright, got them down. A proof of concept will be put together today and I will put them in. Got any pretty pictures you want with them?
>>23251627
very tempting

>>23251844
>>23251795
because of weird shit like this
>>>23251878
>>>23252917
>>23252653
>>23252695
>>23252826
If someone uses their name, speaks outside of this thread, or makes dumb ass promises about an 'editing team' or whatever, it's not related to this project.

Also, voting ends in May.
>>
File: proofofconcept.png (534 KB, 794x1123)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
>>23252997
Fuck I used the word "I" it is time to abandon the project and kill myself.
I sincerely apologize for this misstep and it will not happen again even though I just did it four times consecutively.

>A proof of concept will be put together today and will be put in.

There we go, much better. As compensation, please judge heavily the cover page. I will read through and figure out how to splice the stories into the thing, while also leaving filler space for new submissions.
>>
>>23253055
fuck off grifter
>>
>>23253055
There's nothing wrong with adopting the title of editor and in fact, I'd urge you to lean into your personal taste and instinct for every decision you make. In order for the project to work, you need to have genuine humility and a love of /lit/ and broader 4chan culture. This isn't something that you can fake or adopt, you either have it or you don't. My point is basically that you're qualified to be a 4chan magazine editor or you aren't, and if you are then you need to edit decisively and effectively. Go ahead and register an email and a trip to nip drama in the bud.

On the whole, the main thing with this sort of project is to maintain a constant zen "trying without caring" attitude, in that you'll strive for a professional product which you fully intend to be read by no one.
>>
>>23252826
Please don't be this fucking dumb. That's clearly some troll trying to muddy the waters.
>>
File: Rosary.jpg (692 KB, 1545x1024)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>23252997

I do analog photography. Here's one that might be cool to use.
>>
>>23253883

Another one stolen from my namesake, Leonid Anreyev. It fits the vibe of my submission ("The Man in the Study). Pblic Domain photo seeing it was taken in the early 1900s.
>>
File: callofthemagazine.png (311 KB, 583x818)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>23253439
>in order for the project to work, you need to have genuine humility and a love of /lit/ and broader 4chan culture.
You're preaching to the choir.

>you either have it or you don't
Nobody on this website should be concerned with 'fitting in' on 4chan.

>Go ahead and register an email and a trip to nip drama in the bud.
Is the trip not showing up? It's hardly tolerable to be that much of a faggot, anon. I don't know how much further one can go and backalley arrangements are gay.

>>23253820
The very strange thing that has been observed since the start of the project is someone pretending to be the editor, then arguing with other anons about an imaginary project and whatever strange internal drama existed before this publication. It is like some strange Serbian-Jew Double Bluff. It is genuinely impressive the lengths people will go through to stymie intellectualism through ego.

>>23253883
>>23253885
Got it, pretty sick anon.
Art will be interspersed with stories completely unrelated to them. If for any reason anons want to reach each other's work and make art, critique, or any sort of blurbs on the submissions, they will be included along with the original works instead of in whatever arbitrary pattern works.

The magazine has been updated to reflect the updated poll.
Tomorrow I will read and include currently submitted works and create the relevant pages.
If anons want to claim their work or put specific titles/footnotes on them, relevant information will be added to the work for proper credit.
>>
>>23253963
Also please, if you have a certain way you want your pages formatted, or even if you want to doll up the front cover, do literally whatever you want. It's yours just as much as the editors.
>>
I just had the strangest bit of serendipity. I'm working on a personal site of mine, but alongside it in my Wordpress DB I made 'Seven Hills Review'. It is Roman in inspiration, but throwing it out there (as I could not access the poll). We have the brains and intelligence around here to do this. I would like to contribute in whatever way I can. We need a Discord that can be proper and not infiltrated by fags, which I also see being possible.
>>
>>23253967

Not sure if you'd want any help with editing or design, but I have a little experience with both. Let me know. I'll promise to adopt the same artist-oriented philosophy as you've already expressed here.
>>
>>23253963
>t. Ari
>>
Anyone who has a story, poetrt or just about anything that's worth our while can submit it to this discord server. AS LONG as you DONT behave like a tranny.
https://discord.gg/3VXQjrJe
>>
>>23254008
Piss off Carpathia stop stalking these threads
>>
>>23253967
>If you want a story formatted a certain way...do it yourself nigger cause this is for me to take credit as a creative head while also putting no fucking effort into anything
Uh cool.. remind me why tf I should submit anything to you then? At least Unreal actually formatted, spell checked, added an illustration and even shared profits with me. This by comparison is a dungheap.
>>
>>23254208

Who are you. This doesn't look like a related journal.
>>
>>23254216
join vc in 5
>>
File: but black dynamite.jpg (76 KB, 900x900)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>23248778
I would strongly, strongly advise against submitting stories through /lit/ directly. Doing so forfeits FNASR. Anyone who posts their stories on /lit/ and it doesn't get picked up by /lit/ magazine would be unable to submit it to another publication.
>>
>>23254216
why are you impersonating me?
>>
>>23254224
Ryan Hartley here. That was the real me, this post here is actually not ryan.
>>
File: Page1.png (178 KB, 736x941)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
UPDATE 1:
LaTeX will be implemented in this project, allowing for more refined typesetting, mathematical formulae representation, and just about anything an anon would desire. As such, mathematical observations are now supported.
>>23251317
>>23253883
Here is page one. Please give me adjustment recommendations as desired.

>>23252056
Up next, if anybody wants to put any images to it. Gotta read it first, personally.

>>23254215
>>23254222
>profiting from art
The only intention is to get anons published in something that feels real - because it then becomes real - so long as it is of quality. All contributing artists will be credited as requested and every page will be verified before completion. Any distributed magazines will be in this thread (and archived) and can be printed for collector/distribution/profit purposes as is personally desired. One's personal ethics and integrity are beyond the scope of this magazine.
In short, this is a public domain project.
>>23254222
This is a good point.
After the first publication, I will explore methods of allowing users to email specific entries if they mean to profit off of them. As it stands however, it doesn't look like you can put your email in the header anymore. To note, everyone who submits will be put in /lit/ magazine, barring anything copywritten or excessively, meaninglessly, effortlessly vulgar.
Name yourself if you want, but creation should be front-of-mind as opposed to marketing in an obscure fluvial-bantu cave swimming forum.
>>23254008
Here is the active poll.
https://strawpoll.com/XOgONRA8rn3
>>23254208
>our
>>23254022
>>23254008
Below might be a good place to start for any volunteer work. Formatting what is submitted and posting them? Fuck yeah, it's going right in. Other than that,
>>23254215
We all want our jobs done for us, anon. You post what you want published, an invisible anon formats them the best they can. But if you're a hyperspecific autist, do it yourself. There are no rules. Be as involved as you want. It's not a big deal, it will get done one way or the other.
>this is for me to take credit as a creative head while also putting no fucking effort into anything
>At least Unreal actually formatted, spell checked, added an illustration and even shared profits with me.
And who are you?
>>
File: Page1.png (175 KB, 682x884)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>23254620
Sorry, the editor is high and forgot to actually edit the text. Being committed to the original text is important, so do let the publication know if anything is (sic)
>>
>>23254620
Dr. Melfi's Office

I want to go
towards better,
away from coffee,
speaking in circles, practicing
gratitude because I have something,
want more, and am unhappy

I’ve been calling out
to the kid who kept dreaming
of ruling a perfect world. Who promised
to build on the ruins of lesser prodigies and ideals

daily I
ask “Is this it?”
the empire isn’t growing
nor decaying, constant maintenance.
Born into routine maintenance, all of our
steps forward are in surveillance, watching as,
fumbling, I send you a picture of the mountain pass
I’ll send you a picture so you know it’s meaningless

maintain:
therapy better help
me maintain a bored
kingdom. Graciousness:
forgetting that space stretches
out, that the oceans are unexplored
but not interesting, focus on yourself
focus on maintaining yourself with better
help me get over my addiction to self-help asmr

change
genders but
never outlooks
never look for the
otherside, we conquered the west
we are the west, we conquered the east

eventually
I’ll fall asleep
in a trash pine forest

eventually
I’ll stop looking
at comfortable beds as prisons

eventually
I’ll join in, agree
that a postgrad degree
unleashes the human mind
agree that “Is This It” was
the best Strokes song and stop listening
to new music. It’s all already been done.

eventually
I’ll stop trying
to write something better than
“So I’m patiently waiting,
for the catastrophe of my personality
to seem interesting again”
or something close to that

eventually
I’ll stop trying
to write something better
>>
Where White Elephants Go

The hills were brown and dry. We walked and did not speak. I could feel the morning heat rising.

She stopped and faced me. "I'm late."

I nodded, pulling out my smokes. The pack was crushed and empty.

"What should we do?" she asked.

I struck a match against my boot heel. The sulfur flared in the breeze.

"You know what we have to do."

Her eyes looked past me to the flat line of the horizon. "I don't know if I can."

I flicked the spent match into the brush. "We really just can't. Not now."

She hugged her arms tight across her chest. A cold morning would come again, and with it, relief.

We turned back towards town as the sun cleared the ridge. Our shadows shrank behind us. I took her hand as we started across the cracked earth.

The dusty road led us back towards town. Her steps slowed as we neared the outskirts. I could tell her doubts weighed heavy.

"Maybe we could make it work," she said, half under her breath.

I stopped and faced her. "You know that's no kind of life."

She avoided my gaze, watching a dry tumbleweed roll past.

"We got nothing, muchacha. No money, no prospects." I grabbed her shoulders so she would look me in the eye. "You really want to bring a child into this?"

She bit her lower lip and I could see her throat tighten, desperately holding back tears. Slowly, she shook her head in resignation.

With the decision made, it was like a burden had lifted. We started walking again, our strides falling back in sync. The lined faces of the poor looked on as we passed through the rancho. No one paid us any mind.

At the edge of town, a battered truck idled in a swirl of dust. The driver gave a slight nod as we climbed in back with the other workers. As we headed down the dirt road to the fields, her head rested against my shoulder. In her weariness, she looked almost peaceful.

I stroked her hair, trying to imagine a different life, one where our child could know green hills and plenty. But this was our lot, to struggle and endure. There would be other days to think about what might have been.
>>
>>23254631

Hey, sorry that picture was for "The Man in the Study." Andreyev. I don't think "a,non" provided a photo. I'f you need some to fill out the journal I have more but seeing that is technically a self portrait I'm not sure its fitting there.
>>
Echoes of the Celestial Rift

Golden escalators ascend
opulent mania hallways
of chance, fortunes lit
by neon theology

Here the tower hubris rises
mocking heavens, erecting
self as idol
craved obeisance

Through these gilded halls wandered
that tarnished star, fallen morning blazon
who lung smoke rings of rebellion
spun tales of wager wins over realms

Clay vessels sculpted askew
bent profane, distorted
the making of man
in egotistical image

Luciferian pride rolled the dice
daring to unseat thrones
all tumbled to depths
of searing hedonism

While on zealous wings
the Master Craftsman formed
new cosmos from chaos
to shine light within darkness
>>
>>23254930
dear any anon, please provide a replacement image
>>
>>23255154

For his article?
>>
>>23255199
yes
>>23254870
>>23254923
>>23254960
Acknowledged for Poetry Section. Thinking 4-5 column pages.
>>
>>23255209

Here's a folder of some of my work. You're free to use any of them for the magazine (except the ones with people obviously). Assuming the publication continues, I can provide more as you need them and as I get more film developed (I haven't been able to work on any until recently).
>>
>>23255280

Forgot to link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/153IALtr427Asah90M3Y8hqS5wV_8lzi_?usp=sharing
>>
>>23254631
Apart from the formulae, this (and latex in general) looks pretty meh, desu
>>
>>23255301

I actually like its simplicity. Amp is obviously more surreal, but this lends itself more to a philosophical article.
>>
>>23255304
the idea of a stark contrast between such is an ideal to achieve, yes
>>23255301
see the following quote tree
>>23254215

The editor is but a human, attempting something for the very first time.
>>
Here is a list of ezines you can submit to instead:
Black Fog Zine
Lainzine
Tales of Agora Road
Countere Magazine
Man's World Magazine
Heavy Traffic

Any and all of these are small enough and net-culture enough that they're likely to accept whatever you throw at them as long as it's good, with no ideological barrier to entry. And it will be guaranteed to end up better formatted and more aesthetically pleasing along with having an established readerbase and website to boot than this thread.
>>
>>23255444
Why are you trying to destroy this?
>>
>>23255446
I'm not. Just giving people options.
>>
>>23249939
>The Annotated Moby Dick
>Entirely organic and not achieved via cynical deliberatio
People bitched about that the entire time it was going on too and bemoaned how /lit/ was dead and how it was le forced meme.
>>
>>23255454
crabs gonna crab.
>>
>>23248778
>If for any reason you wish to make the editor rich and successful, kill yourself.
This is so blatantly sycophantic. That's what happens when you take the trolling in the Unreal and &amp threads seriously, you end up with a guy like this who assumes those critiques came from people with actual grievances and not from a small group of trolls trying to get a rise from you saying whatever is the most hurtful at the time. It's demagogic. So now by trying to appeal to as many disparate anon opinions as possible this man has hammeres out a project bereft of any soul, one that actively scorns creative vision, artistic attribution, or style.
Cool, you think you have now appeased the crabs (you haven't and you won't), but why do any of this? Rhetorical question btw, I don't give a shit what you have to say.
>>
>>23255498
I always said that the trolls in those threads was a handful of bad apples. Unreal and &amp died prematurely, not because of any innate faults within their structure but because they actually took anons seriously (which they should not have done).
>>
>>23255498

Did you just criticize your own post? What are you trying to say here.
>>
File: 1698543822306087.gif (103 KB, 458x438)
103 KB
103 KB GIF
>>23255498
Is it beyond the scope of reason that more than one magazine can exist at any given time, with a different standard for it's contributors? Comparison is the thief of joy, anon.

>pic related
>>
>>23255548
I thought you wanted to do this because you thought &amp was dead? Glad you are realizing it's not.
>>
>>23255592

Have you read the editor's note for the most recent issue? He's all but claiming it himself. I felt violated by how much vitriol he thought was typical of a well-adjusted member of his society.

When you're calling your own published authors mediocre in the same publication as them, and somehow blaming that on no one submitting (despite not having open submissions on your website), it may be time to nail the coffin shut, instead of just crying in it.
>>
>>23254923
whoever wrote this is a closet homo
>>
>>23254631
2^2-1 is 3, not 4. If you're going to write something with math in it, you shouldn't be retarded.
>>
>>23254620
>Below might be a good place to start for any volunteer work. Formatting what is submitted and posting them? Fuck yeah, it's going right in.
I enjoy doing this. My uncle self-published a novel, which I edited. He is in talks with Hallmark to make it into a movie, and to that point, it makes a better movie than a novel, but it was a fun experience.
>>
>>23255828
how did your uncle got The interest of Hallmark?
>>
>>23255890
He is a stage actor and has some connections, although the rights to the story would only be about a $100k payment.
>>
>>23254631
Whoever wrote this is a retard and knowns nothing about sequences, and not only that they can't do basic math. But supposing they are correct, I would like them to rigorously explain how if you start with the sequence 1,2,... that you get the next number is the sequence is 4 when f(x) = 2^x - 1. I don't think you can. Because you're generating a sequence a_n, where presumably, a_1 = 1 and a_2 = 2. Then if the formula is a_n = 2^n - 1, you would get that a_3 = 2^3 - 1 = 8 - 1 = 7. So please explain your retardation, and explain the retardation that follows it regarding sequences.
>>
>>23255939
Also if the formula is a_n = 2^n - 1, it is impossible for a_1 = 1 and a_2 = 2. You would get a_1 = 2^1 - 1 = 1, but a_2 = 2^2 -1 = 4 -1 = 3.
So again, please explain your retardation.
>>
>>23255945
>>23255939

Either way, the math doesn't turn out, but it was probably a typo. His point still stands.
>>
>>23255304
Simple's good, but it looks too much like a word-document page, and not that of a book or journal.
>>
>>23248778
>>23254631
A rant on 'a rant on philisophical structure' https://pastebin.com/RzkE417p. A response to. >>23251317
>>
>>23256040
Incoherent drivel. Both of you are equally stupid.
>>
>>23256088
FILTERED.
>>
>>23255617
it's a mockery of Hemingway. Closeted homo indeed.
>>
"Listen folks, let me tell you about my good friend Jeffrey. He was a great guy, a real character. We'd hang out on his private island, Little Saint James, and have a blast.

There were always plenty of celebrities and politicians there. I saw Bill Clinton a few times, and Prince Andrew was a regular. Kevin Spacey, Woody Allen, even John Kerry showed up once.

We'd swim, sunbathe, and party. Jeffrey had these amazing massages, and the food was to die for. It was like a tropical paradise, but with even better company.

Of course, there were rumors about what went on behind closed doors. But I never saw anything inappropriate. Jeffrey was a generous host, and he always made sure everyone had a good time.

Now, some people are trying to make it sound like I was involved in something shady. But that's just fake news. I never did anything wrong. I was just a friend of Jeffrey's, and I enjoyed his company.

So don't believe the lies. I'm Donald Trump, and I'm a victim of the deep state. They're trying to destroy me because I'm a threat to their agenda. But I won't let them win. I'm fighting back, and I'm going to win.

There's not much more I can tell you. I've already said that I was friends with Jeffrey Epstein, and that I visited his island on several occasions. I've also said that I never saw anything inappropriate going on, and that I believe the rumors about Epstein's behavior are just lies.

I understand that some people are curious about my relationship with Epstein, but there's really nothing more to say. I was a friend of his, and I enjoyed his company. That's all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a country to run."

---------------------------------

[A black man appears from the shadows.]

"It's important to note that Donald Trump has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women, and that he has a long history of making misogynistic and racist statements. He has also been accused of having ties to organized crime figures, and of engaging in corrupt business practices.

The allegations against Trump are serious, and they should be investigated thoroughly. However, it's important to remember that Trump is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"
>>
>>23256088
And yet, both of them will be published in this esteemèd literary magazine, while you will decidedly not.
>>
>>23256040
thank you dearly anon
>>23255954
>>23255945
>>23255939
>>23255686

sorry, i was using short hand for 2^(x-1), it didnt seem like a point of contention when i was writing it
>>23254620
the intended structure of the sequences are that the lowest one is the base sequence and each one above that is a sequence showing the difference between terms of the last sequence
so f1(x)=y
and f2(x)=f1(x)-f1(x-1)
and f3(x)=f2(x)-f2(x-1)
and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuV93LOPcE
here is a video on the topic that uses the same general format in showing the conclusion

peace to you all, and may you find the partially existing truth of our future to be in your favour
-a,non
>>
>>23254631
>>23254620
also, i had no intended photo, any will do, editor or anons choice
>>
In response to this, I'm introducing /CUT/: a routine literary procedure.
/CUT/ will be open to all /lit/-based submissions of any genre or subject from circumcised writers only. Submissions need not directly address circumcision, but it is important for the style and message of the magazine that we remain /teamCUT/.
Further information forthcoming.
>>
>>23256704

who do I send my crotch pic to for consideration
>>
bump
>>
File: lainzine04_15-16.png (1 MB, 1487x1050)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>23254620
>LaTeX
Have you considered Scribus instead? Lainzine uses it.
>>
>>23259189
never heard of it
>>
>>23259189
why did you say it was me who posted this thread and I was doing it as a psyop? it’s not me please tell me why you said that because I can’t even tell which ones are real I’m sorry I can’t
>>
File: 1483141699073.jpg (414 KB, 1800x1322)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>23259189
It looks much better. It shall be so, then. Appreciate it. A bit of a hard week with some deaths, patience is appreciated, but not necessary. Poetry section will be next with Scribus, provide what you will, anons.
>>
>>23261389
You are not real??? You are not real you are not real you are not real and you aren’t the real one??? You’re trying to trick everyone and lie because you are not real and you’re not the one who can use it I can’t
>>
>>23261422
Nothing is real, anon
>>
dead thread
>>
>>23255280
>>23255288
Some of these are not bad. I publish a separate zine but would love to use them.

Would you like to be credited under a pseudonym or your government name?
>>
>>23261801
>t. &amp editor trying to steal submissions
>>
File: 1481881186103.png (1.1 MB, 782x493)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
UPDATE #2:

>>23252056
Working on this tonight.
>>23256627
Acknowledged, will update formula accordingly.

Upcoming:
>Poetry & Prose
>>23254870
>>23254923 + >>23255617
>>23254960

>Rant 2
>>23256040

>Schizo Ramblings/Short Story?
>>23256203

>>23255828
Want to work on columns for the poetry while the short-story pages are made?
>>
>>23257430
cutquarterlylit@gmail.com
>>
>>23263051
Can I submit if I'm uncircumcised but have had an orchiectomy?
>>
>>23263389
Include with your submission a paragraph on why you should be considered /teamCUT/ and we'll consider it.
>>
>>23263046
I would be glad to.
>editor anon
>>
>>23263046
Have you chosen a name yet?
>>
bump
>>
>>23251317
>we may aquire any given value of a if we set our "a" to the correct value
>thus anything could be next
i just realised this is a typo, its meant to read
we may aquire any given value of c
because the whole point is the next value in the series could be anything

sorry about the inconvenience but could you please change it?
>>
File: 1429080839701.png (502 KB, 600x754)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
UPDATE #3

>>23264762
It looks like For (You) is the running title so far. The first issue at the end of April(?) will reflect the ultimate decision, but this can be relied on for now.
>>23266030
no problem

Putting thought into it, there are concerns that giving an e-mail for the project will result in an established hierarchy with the editor as the lead in the project. We are all equally as culpable for the works in here. It is important to express that for any unexpected absences, it is imperative that this work remain in the hands of anons to effect change in.

This should not be a thing that collapses if one person falls through. Having an email that may result in dead/unacknowledged submissions may prove difficult for longevity.

It is encouraged to explore further options that encourage forcibly open/anonymous conversation, such as 4chan. Once it is understood that everyone is the editor, shit goes by much faster.

Regardless, for those who wish to be appeased by privacy and are suited by THIS EDITOR'S formatting, proofreading, etc, they can be reached at

>consumerofviscera@gmail.com

All email submissions will be acknowledged and finished pages will always be completed/submitted in thread and nowhere else. Should any anons want to do the same, or if you prefer a different editor, feel free to decentralize the project accordingly, and post pages herein for publication. The point of setting ground rules early is so that this project can be inherited without getting tangled up in the identities of those involved - for the sake of writing and being heard. Nothing more.

Please submit any questions or explorations on practicality as desired.

Upcoming page
>>23252056

then reformatting
>>23251317
>>
>>23266662
>post pages herein for publication
You mean pre-formatted pages? Lay out some expectations, otherwise you're going to get shitty jpgs (if anything), which will look bad inserted wholesale into a pdf. Say at least what resolution or dimension things need to be. And you'd probably be better off just encouraging plaintext submissions that you drop into an okay-ish template, since that's much less onerous both for you and the submitting anons (I also imagine people feel more engaged when they're seeing their work transformed somehow).

If you're actually going to use Scribus, open it up and make a basic master page template while learning the necessities. I might make a dummy document for you if I have the time, but if you really want to start something like this you need to take the initiative yourself. The more ambitions that you try to offload to others, the deeper the hole you'll be in. Just aim to keep it simple and do as much as you can while you figure things out; improve incrementally once you get a handle on things.

And anyone really picky about anonymity should avoid posting work publicly from Google Drive. Your email address is exposed when you do that.
>>
>>23261801

You could use my real name. I don't mind. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>23266780
It's for anybody with the aptitude.
>And anyone really picky about anonymity should avoid posting work publicly from Google Drive. Your email address is exposed when you do that.
It's one thing to know you have a face, another entirely to leverage it socially as if anything matters but your message. If anybody wants to entertain the death of the author literally or figurtavely, that's their thing.

Also, for any plaintexts, please give a preferred font. Just because one is anonymous doesn't mean one cannot have pizzazz.
>>
>>23266802
>It's for anybody with the aptitude.
Yeah, but you haven't told them what they need to provide, and it's almost guaranteed to go more smoothly and look better if you avoid encouraging that option. That and you can't pick who actually takes up that option, so it's open to some anon with zero aptitude who is going to spend hours (or just a few minutes) poorly dressing his writing in a wrong-sized jpg, leaving you with rasterised text you can't do anything else with. If you still want to leave that option open, at least say what page size it needs to be and provide some guidelines.

And don't go switching up fonts per submission. Just pick a single good one, and if there's an especially picky anon they'll suggest something else anyway. The more options you put in front of people, the more effort they have to put in. It's on you to make the thing look good, not the people submitting writing.

>It's one thing to know you have a face, another entirely to leverage it socially as if anything matters but your message. If anybody wants to entertain the death of the author literally or figurtavely, that's their thing.
I don't know what the hell this means. I was pointing out the email exposure because some anon might go and use his first.last@gmail.com address without realising it's exposed. I'm not saying names should or shouldn't be used, it's just a word of caution.
>>
>>23266662
Submission for the poetry section:

Keep your Hand steady
And your Mind ready
To stay upon the Line
Towards the Sublime
For only through constant Navigation
Will you avoid certain Perdition
And to arrive at the harbour of Heaven
And avoid the Seven.
>>
File: 1467630790291.png (144 KB, 350x400)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>23266847
Provide pdfs of however you want your art presented.

>the more effort they have to put in. It's on you to make the thing look good, not the people submitting writing.

One can have their cake and eat it too, if they choose. That's all. Leaving yourself to the editor's mercy is your choice. Discard all notions of 'the norm' because that hasn't been working.

>I don't know what the hell this means
pic related
be the change you want to see anon, but don't ever measure past your own nose as far as what people 'will or will not do'.
>>
>>23266904
7 deadly sins
>>
>>23266952
indeed
>>
File: Issue1Page2.png (318 KB, 737x935)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>23252056
Page 1 done, open to adjustments/critique/font/etc.
>>
>>23266999
Change the text alignment to justified and make sure the text is hyphenated.
Set the title apart somehow (maybe try small-caps; definitely don't use drop caps on a title; could increase the font size).
Change the quote marks to curly quotes (or all to straight; right now it's mixed; curly looks better and more proper).
A single column of text shouldn't be so wide across the page, so either use multiple columns or reduce the page size; things are easier to read if you have fewer characters on a line (there's a sweet spot for this
Include a page number and you can include info like the title of the piece and the magazine name in the footer (or header, whatever).
Move (or remove) the photo caption so that it doesn't look like an awkward continuation of the body text.
Settle on the font type and size once you have it down for one piece; don't keep switching it up.

For the illustration, you should increase the padding around it if you're going to set it directly into the text. You could put it on the previous page along with the title and author name to make a title page. In my own attempt I couldn't figure out what to do with it.

Pic rel is a quick mock-up on a 6x9 page. Didn't fix the quote problem, but most of the fundamental stuff I pointed out about is applied.

>>23266949
>Discard all notions of 'the norm' because that hasn't been working.
&amp also tried sourcing formatted pages from anons and it never caught on, and the few instances where people did seem to try weren't very good. It's just a word of warning, especially considering you've provided no guidelines. Every /lit/ project historically seemed to struggle with getting enough submissions, so my thinking is that you want the process of submitting to be as simple and clear as possible, and asking for (or even just suggesting) more work from the writers can add confusion or otherwise make the overall process more convoluted (for you especially).
>pic
You asked for suggestions in the OP.
>>
>>23266999
>>23267507
And I neglected to mention it because you seem to have it enabled in your pic, but make sure your body text is always aligned to the baseline grid. That'll keep the lines uniform across your pages. In Scribus it can be a bit of a pain to get it to line up with the margins nicely, but it just requires fiddling with under File > Document Setup > Guides > Baseline Grid Offset (adjust the value until you more or less hit the margin with the top and bottom of your lines).
>>
>>23266999
(Nice digits)... this looks good, reminds me of The North American Review. A border might add some refinement, nothing crazy. The "(You) in 5 Years" could be a bit smaller, to not conflict with the text size of the main content.
>>
File: 1712561928747486.jpg (112 KB, 475x818)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>23267569
>>23267553
redemption for the editor's pathos

grand recommendations overall, thank you very much.

>>23267507
Is there a low tolerance for inline images in publications? The editor would imagine one or two in each page for a stimulation balance/allows for deeper contributions. Hell, even reaction images to the writing in the form of images with a little comment caption. With that in mind:

>and asking for (or even just suggesting) more work from the writers can add confusion
In the next issue/thread, it will be made more clear that the magazine accepts almost ANYTHING, but maybe encourages appropriate ideas from a roster of possible content. This categorization may also help for anybody who generally wishes to garner interest in the project and is unsure of its content, or wants a low-maintenance contribution that is still in the spirit of being on 4chan. Calling someone's work shit, the artist a faggot, and then a vulgar photo is not beyond the scope of possibility.

tl;dr; content list for any anons unsure of what to submit

>you asked for suggestions in the OP
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: moebius_46_sample.jpg (1.95 MB, 4160x3120)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>23267897
>Is there a low tolerance for inline images in publications?
Dunno, but what I've seen is that most straight literary journals are pretty much devoid of them. Focus on getting the text down first, and then if you see space that you feel could use a buffer or be balanced by an illustration, try placing something there carefully. It's also going to depend a lot on the size you have available; 6x9 is going to be tighter and less forgiving than 8.5x11. And don't be afraid of leaving whitespace if it's not a waste of space (a trick if you have spurious text taking up a little too much space is to reduce the font width, which you can do in Scribus---just don't make the change too large, but you can get away with like ~4% either way in text sizes without it looking weird, from my mucking around with it).

The best advice I can give is to look for examples and to browse through them paying attention to what they do or don't do. Download random professional magazines and just look at how they're styled. Used book stores and thrift shops are also likely to have plenty for cheap, and you don't have to care about the writing to learn from the design. Don't do anything you don't understand yet, be willing to iterate a lot, and try out things that you find interesting in the examples you pick up.

Pic rel is from a random journal I picked up this summer for a dollar. They use photos like buffers, never inline, before the start of pieces, always arranged like this with photos of identical dimensions. Notice how the photo is raised higher than the text and how that balances the page spread visually---they never use full-page illustrations. I also like the look of this one a lot for the 5x11 format.

I'll post a New Yorker sample next.
>>
>>23267897
>>23267979
Now look at this one and how they match illustration space to the columns, or occasionally inset between columns. The former is the easier practice, but you'll see in both cases that they leave a good amount of padding---they're not trying to cram them as close as possible. They also have some spreads with fewer illustrations than this; illustrations help break up monotony, like if you have two full pages of text, but you don't need to go cramming them everywhere. My example from the last post uses illustrations very sparingly, though to reiterate an old point: more anons will probably be attracted by flashiness, but don't overdo it and uglify what could be simple pages (&amp has examples of all of this). One or two per page is too many; put them where they feel like they should go, if at all, not based on some quota.

This is also a good sample for how you can fit text comfortably on a large page (multiple columns), has an example of titles and title pages that don't waste space (like the mock-up I did), and shows some tasteful footers (just the magazine name and issue in the case). They also have a strong style here, which is going to be tough to do on your own if you're using random photos or illustrations, but that just means you have to be judicious. Going for greyscale for instance can be a benefit for consistency.

In general, don't do anything that makes it harder to read the text or distracts from it. For illustrations, don't let them interfere with the text, if you can get the idea.

Additionally:
I didn't mean guidelines for writing, I meant guidelines for pre-formatted submissions (which, again, I think are a bad idea in general anyway) by way of dimensions and margins and whatever.
Drop the stupid third-person thing.
>>
File: 1442022833089.jpg (155 KB, 753x706)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Sorry, the first post was terribly formatted and omitted a quote.

>>23268038
this is more aligned with the aligned with the ideal publication.
Thank you for the visualization so that the editor can understand the potential for presentation.
The first two pages will be reworked with this in mind.

As a part of a new initiative, the editor asks for greentext lampooning, general critiques, artwork, blurbs, or anything to add for to the otherwise sterile pages of the following following written works:
>>23251317
>>23252056
Examples include:
>>23255617
>>23256040
>>23256704
Cut VS Uncut as the suggested main topic of the magazine, will be implemented in margins.
>>
>>23268179
couldje' format the lampoons like sticky notes?
>>
>>23266999

Incredibly happy with the way this looks.
>>
>>23255596
There were 4 different editor's notes for 4 different magazines in 019
>>
>>23267897
>>23267979
run em to the bleeds. magazines are flashy affairs

>>23266999
>>23267507
it's currently in the "so jank it's good" zone
etiher make every change the second post recommended or keep it exactly as is but don't go halfway
>>
>>23268958
I cede to the happiness of this anon
>>23268697
but will synthesize the styles of the rest. Tomorrow for sure. Thank you for the contributions so far. Excited.
>>
File: full bleed.png (87 KB, 644x847)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>23268958
>run em to the bleeds
That's a good idea. Still, would probably look better if the image matches the columns. If the one here was higher res it could span the whole upper or lower part of the page, but it was like 640x669 or something.

For OP: this guy means having illustrations run off the edge of the page. The "bleed" is a 0.125 inch bit of extra paper (on top of your normal page size) that a printer trims off at the end up to some tolerance, and so to have an illustration perfectly reach the edge you need to have it extend all the way to the edge+0.125 inches (i.e. some will always have to get chopped off because the printer's tolerance isn't perfect). Pic rel for an example.
>>
>>23248778
whatever you do, please DO NOT include AI art in the mag
I am not some kind of twitter paintpig sister but that shit genuinely turns off a lot of people including me
>>
>>23269851

I concur. Just hit up /p if you really need images. They'd be happy to supply.
>>
>>23269851
>>23269972
Agreed, AI stuff is a boring cop-out and there are plenty of better sources. On /p/: ask, don't just steal (another cop-out). There are lots of online resources for images in the public domain or with open licences (which you technically have to cite, but oh well); the Wikimedia Commons compiles a lot from other online sources as well, so it's an okay catch-all for things from museums and galleries (contains lots of junk, but it just takes looking).

A more important point to make would be to not worry so much about illustrations. Get the text down first and then see if there's anything that would really be complemented by an illustration, and be judicious once you start searching. Be writing-first. Don't force imagery in. (Better for both you and the quality that way.)
>>
This meeting had been a long time coming and it'd been a long time since it was first planned. Onii-chan (as she liked to call herself) had told him everything he needed to know to escape the pesky oversight of his guardians and afford himself, in what may as well have been a prison life, a little bit of freedom now immediately apparent as he set his phone on airplane mode: he had never felt the need to peddle his ass for sustenance (not in a society that took pride in its ability to let children starve or go under the thumb of abusive men and women, but never work) and so the afforded liberty to merely walk where he wanted, step on the cracks of his choosing and take detours to his heart's content all filled the latter with brimming joy. It's walking thus that he came to their promised rendezvous point.
Onii-chan was five foot eight, draped in rainbow rags that reflected from her thick frames adjoined to cat ears of some sort, and a matching tail at the end of her hunched spine (connected to where he did not assume nor ask) that finalized his easily recognizable silhouette. She was like some fucking game character, he thought as he walked closer and was immediately met with poorly vocalized glee. Remnants of foam adventure in the Discord age. His ears were still ringing when he asked how long she had been waiting.
"Not much, haha. So where do you wanna go?"
His first thought was to hit the Round1. They both liked rhythm games. Fighting games too, though he had left his Hitbox at home. He was already starting to hate the brands but their drug was too strong. The store nearby had just got a few Bemani cabinets which he was dying to try in that selfish and passionately one-minded teenage way.
"Suuuure.." was the reply to meet his vividity.
>>
>>23270213
And so they walked again. In that small frame of urban decay he went past the homeless debating whether to give one money or not, he was still at that age, a little dilemma she watched play out very intently (with compassion or insect need he did not know); then past drug addicts and normies who briefly harassed her. She was a pessimist, did he know?
They arrived. He enjoyed himself. She paid. In the buzz of graveyard neon now blue light she reserved herself to the spot of spectator (well, she did like watching 'tubers play games, chubby-boy train of thought) and sometimes even more reserved 2P, not quite getting into it as she did in their online matches. Hours flew, they left, but not before he went lastly for the cranes and her gender facade showed its first crack at his sight.
And so it was time to go home (he really pined for home). It had been a fun day, he thought, but Onii-Chan wasn't done. She was a self-dubbed (in third-person) night creature, a cat, remember, and NOW it was time to really have fun.
"Have you had weed before? What 'bout booze?", on the bus.
Here again childishness took over. He had not, and yes but only a bit during X-mas when his dad wasn't looking and was dead drunk himself. Yes, he knows she's staying at a hotel. He'll go.
It was more of a motel by the city's edge. Cheap. Kinda liminal. Not quite as decrepit as he'd pictured (they both liked Silent Hill and talked up to late A.M. about it, though she liked 3 and he didn't), but the kind of placed he imagined didn't really exist anymore. She jumped on the bed, not him, unzipped her backpack and took herself up to the deed. She passed the bong over to him, the pressure a ghost of fatherhood. He coughed and got pats on the back. Then went for it again. And again.
He couldn't tell if he was tripping when she licked the mouth's edge. Or when after taking a rip she went over to kiss him.
"Dude that's gay."
"Did you just call me dude?"
"Sorry, I just--"
>>
>>23270216
"Did you just fucking imply" (whiny banshee emphasis here) "what I think you did?"
A slap knocked him over but not out as she demanded apology.
"Bend over."
The bass echoes were as deep and threatening as its baritone original. He didn't want to. She beat him again. Then a deep breath; a hug. A kiss. An apology on high. She kissed him all over, forehead, brow, nose, cheeks --avoiding lips--, jaw, neck, collarbone, shoulders (fabric first, then she stripped him), breasts, ribs, abdomen. She looked back at his eyes (sweaty brow coitally self-affected, pitch-black dead eyes) when she bit her belt. He tried to worm his way out (he felt like a worm for the first time in his life) and sprint for the window but her bear hugs were too true to their name. She unbuckled his dorky belt. Took her own cargo pants off and put his hands on her pulsing cock, hers were on his ripe and still smooth boy-ass. She split his cheeks open and used her 200lbs of weight to hold him in place as she split his ass open next. A looking-glass in front captured and replayed every photon of their act, of his reddened face, his defeat, his struggle, and her stern manly visage as she used his insides like a toy. She planned to do the same to herself, now she was ready, she had just landed a mod job in the place they'd met. צֶלֶם אֱלֹהִים (Selem Elohim)
>>
>>23270219
>>23270213
>>23270216

Love that my work is going to be put with incel porn.
>>
>>23270213
>>23270216
>>23270219
but an oni chan is male?
also this is ass, please write better
>>
>>23270299
How recently did you start browsing /lit/ and 4chan in general? Based on both you and the Benedict D. guy in this thread I get the impression somebody namedropped /lit/ recently. Unless namefagging is getting more common for unrelated reasons.
>>
>>23270502

I'm not emmersed in the culture, but I've been browsing 4chan on and off for three years now. It wasn't until recently I was very active. I mostly hung around /tv and /mu but I never enjoyed it until I found /lit a few months ago and felt like I fit here.

I never understood why people get upset when I choose to lose my own anonymity here and there. I post anonymously all the time, I just reveal my identity every so often when it comes to showing people my work. I didn't actually name drop here, I only posted a Google Drive link wherein someone could sniff out my real name. I explicitly asked to be published under my Pseudonym, except for crediting my photography when that one anon asked to use it.
>>
>>23270488
>but an oni chan is male?
kek
>also this is ass, please write better
I'm trying to get goysloppy bog-standard fiction writing out of my system, though any real suggestions are welcome. I'm willing to clean up my messes and I'm aware the thing flows like shit, but it's trying.
>>
>>23270502
>>23270547

Unless you're referring to the fact I post under "Andreyev." Which in that case, I just enjoy having a pseudonym for people to see in order to create something of an identity on the board here, when I feel so inclined. I still post anonymously.

If people find it offensive, I'd like them to explain why. I don't understand.
>>
>>23270547
>>23270553
Namefagging is just the general term for having a username. I mean ditching being an anon is looked down on in general, but that's not the point I was making here, just that it outed you as new (among other things). I don't care what you publish under. (Other newfag giveaways: no ending slashes, being surprised by cheap smut, being easily offended, choosing boards by how you "fit in".)

As to why it's looked down on, it's because you're ignoring a basic premise of the site. Obviously there might be times where it's relevant to tie yourself to your posts, so you can have the benefit of the doubt about using it judiciously, but you're still going to stick out for it. Most people talk about their work without having to draw attention to their identity, and doing otherwise comes off as arrogance.

The general solution is to lurk more before getting upset about feeling out of place. What got you started browsing 4chan?
>>
>>23270606

Hold on, I have to pee. I'll respond shortly but I'll need some time to think.
>>
>>23270606
>>23270611

The "pee" went well.

The depth of subjects. And the anonymity as well. It's a wild west in terms of discourse. A wide variety of people. And the literature board was a mix of philosophy and actual literature.

When I said "fit in" I mostly meant that I enjoy what is talked about and the manner in which it is discussed.
>>
>>23270621
I didn't mean why you stayed, I meant where you heard about 4chan. I'm wondering what the pipeline is for people now and how the site is presented to them by outsiders.
>>
>>23270611
>>23270621
no one wants to know that you went to take a piss bro
>>
>>23270646

I'm not sure. Mentions of it on YouTube. It was so long ago. I lurked when I was 16 or 17, and continued onward. Probably something inane like Instagram Greentexts brought me here. I really can't help there.

The pipeline nowadays is probably still young, male, Reddit conservatives with edgier political views hearing about the controversial culture and wanting to contribute.
>>
>>23270652

Sorry, how convoluted that was. I think I had a cognitive lapse. I just meant I don't remember how I came here.
>>
>>23268964
Apologies, botched the trip and didnt notice. This is the editor.
>>23269851
Any use of AI is solely at the discretion of contributors, but primarily any art included ought to be something an anon would enjoy being credited to their name and not Dalle’s.
>>23270213
Noted for submission, short story?
>>23270657
Anonymity in-thread is preferred culturally, whereas claiming a name in the print is your identity made manifest. Remember, you’re here forever.
>>23270299
Certainly worth the smutty backpage content with a Grant MacDonald reference somewhere around it. Contrast like playboy.
>>
>>23270793
>short story?
Yes.
>>
>>23270621
anon did you masturbate to a /lit/ post
>>
>>23270848

Yes.
>>
hi, i have only one question
do you allow anti-zionist and anti-gender ideology writings? there's no mag out there which will take my stuff
>>
>>23270935
also I already have 4k words written but I shelved it due to the problem I just mentioned
>>
>>23270935
Absolutely, but may/will contrast with opposing views
No human is sacred, everything is permitted or nothing is
>>
>>23271339
i'm glad to hear you say that...
i will edit it into parts so it can be serialized to fit the page limit and send it to you in a few days
>>
>>23271355

What do you mean by anti-gender? I'm interested.
>>
>>23271541
i'm a radical feminist and philosopher. the problem is that i'm politically homeless because the only other radfems that can get published in magazines also support israel, and i'm not a zionist. i'm not going to let go of my principles just to get published
>>
File: 1467598351504.png (732 KB, 1256x718)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
>>23271562
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

UPDATE #3:
>>23268179
UPDATE #3.5:
The editor is travelling and page issuance will slow until Monday. Please compose accordingly. This project is nothing if one must rely on a sole editor. All currently submitted data is stored and will be provided in the next thread, provided one is needed.

Anybody who wants to publicly identify as an editor/creator/whatever, why not make an "Editor#tripcode"?
We can all be anonymous, yet have a role, can we not?
>>
>>23271937
my one request is for you to release the issues for free on kindle so it looks more professional (also so I can link it to people without telling them to go on 4chan)
don't worry about censorship, amazon allows pretty much anything except things that are obviously illegal
>>
>>23271562

Anti-gender seems to imply you don't believe in gender. How can you be a radical feminist if you don't believe in women? I'm confused.

Also, there is definitely going to be some heinous things published alongside your work. If you're worried about compromising your values I would be cautious. Unless you mean that you care more about the beliefs of the publication itself.
>>
>>23273214
NTA, but anti-gender means that you don’t believe in the third-wave feminist construction of gender as a subjective personal identity that an individual assumes and performs, independent of the objective reality of biological sex (this understanding of gender is rooted in the work of Judith Butler, among others). Radical feminists see this concept of “gender identity” as inherently oppressive and reductive. They believe that woman need sex-based rights because they are subject to oppression on the basis of their biological sex (ie. being physically weaker than men, being made more vulnerable to sexual assault and exploitation or reproductive coercion at the hands of men). They generally disagree with attempts to change laws and societal standards to allow biological males who identify as women into women’s spaces, as they see this as a dangerous infringement upon women’s rights. In a radical feminist context, these anti-gender beliefs are more commonly referred to as “gender-critical feminism.”
>>
File: IMG_2936.jpg (1.09 MB, 1125x1432)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>23273214
heinous like what? I hope you're not going to allow the embarrassing shit that &amp does. including unironic racial slurs and holocaust denialism. i never liked them because their content is just fucking trash. they're not serious about anything. this excerpt is from issue 11

>>23273319
this is about right. sex and grammatical gender used to mean the same thing in common usage around 20 years ago, but a pedophile psychologist named John Money created the idea of gender as being separate from sex. the problem with gender as a concept is that its supporters claim that gender is separate from sex whenever they get criticized, but then they claim gender and sex are one and the same in order to hijack women's rights. gender ideology destroys sex because if anyone can become the opposite sex just by claiming to be, then sex doesn't exist
>>
>>23273319
>anti gender means
no it doesnt, a word gains meaning through mandate by the masses, you can't inscribe it yourself

what you should have said is:
>by anti gender i mean
- a coherent statement that informs, instead of trying to prescribe linguistics
>>
>>23273319

Oh nice. Yeah, I'm on board with that. I'll be looking forward to seeing what/if you publish.
>>
>>23273692
>no it doesnt, a word gains meaning through mandate by the masses
have you been living under a rock for the past ten years because trans activists have been getting people fired just for saying that you can't turn a man into a woman
>>
>>23273655

I'm not the editor, but from what I can tell this publication is meant to be a radical free-speech project, in which anything and everything is published. That's why OP mentioned there might be counter-pieces written on your content or against your article specifically. This issue doesn't have anything explicitly fascist or eugenic or anything, but there's a possibility someone might try to publish it in the future (assuming future issues come).

>>23273655

According to modern academic understanding, Sex is pertaining to physiological manifestations of XX/XY chromosomes respectively, and Gender is the neurobiological manifestations (in the way that a man's brain is constructed differently than a women's, and thus the personality of a Man will be distinctly unique from a woman's).

Gender/Sex being not used interchangeably is not only beneficial for linguistics (why have two identical words for no reason?), but beneficial in sorting out the way gender dysphoria manifests. Around 0.001% or 0.01% of the population will be born (or possibly will have their brain altered through psycho-sexual trauma like childhood molestation or abuse) with a brain partially resembling the opposite sex's brain, despite the rest of their body acting mostly the same as the intended sex. Thus, gender can be partially perverted, to varying degrees of intensity, and this creates genuine mental illness.

This isn't really debatable. We can look at people's brains and map out how some people have actual disorders. This is just us categorizing our observations of reality. The problem is when modern gender advocates refer to gender and sex entirely as social constructs because it just isn't the case.
>>
I'm currently writing a murder mystery. Would you publish that?
>>
>>23273780
yes, but if its long it would ideally be broken up into chapters
>>
File: anti-gender.png (318 KB, 1170x1054)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>23273692
If you Google “define anti-gender”, the very first result is a Wikipedia article that begins:
>The anti-gender movement is an international movement that opposes what it refers to as "gender ideology" or "gender theory"..
which I think makes it pretty clear that the term is widely understood to refer to a worldview that opposes the validity of the concept of “gender identity.” I simply gave a more comprehensive explanation of this idea in the context of radical feminism. I’m not inscribing anything myself; everything that I said was sourced from ideas and terms that are already well-established. You’re just being pedantic and pointlessly arguing over semantics.

>>23273732
>According to modern academic understanding, Sex is pertaining to physiological manifestations of XX/XY chromosomes respectively, and Gender is the neurobiological manifestations

The term “gender” is also used outside of a neurobiological context within academia to refer to the socially constructed or performative aspects of masculinity and femininity. The entire field of gender studies approaches the concept of gender in a way that is largely separate from neurobiology, and is much more related to disciplines like sociology and social psychology. It’s well-established that a very small minority of people experience gender dysphoria, meaning psychological distress relating to their sex and/or sex characteristics; however, there’s no real scientific consensus regarding the root cause of gender dysphoria. Some studies comparing brains of transgender and non-transgender people have found differences that support the “male brain/female body” or “female brain/male body” theory, but these studies are limited, and have had conflicting results. Many gender-critical people acknowledge that gender dysphoria is a real mental illness and are empathetic towards those who struggle with it; what they disagree with is the idea that laws and societal norms should be changed to redefine the categories of “man” and “woman” on the basis of gender self-identification instead of biological sex.

It’s also important to note that the idea that biological sex is a binary that is determined by chromosomes and gametes is now contentious within academia, and the idea that biological sex is a spectrum is gaining traction. For example, evolutionary biologist Carole Hooven was recently pressured by colleagues to resign from Harvard after publicly stating that science educators should not relinquish biological definitions of the terms male and female in order to appease idealogues. She was accused of promoting harmful transphobia, despite the fact that she had also emphasised that understanding biological reality doesn’t prevent us from treating transgender people respectfully and using their preferred pronouns. It’s undeniable that this trend of denying the binary nature of biological sex has concerning implications.
>>
>>23274118
>constructed or performative aspects of masculinity and femininity

I typically refer to this as gender expression. Expression obviously changes based on the culture, but what doesn't change is the neurobiological reality underneath it, so I feel like it's important to have separate terms.

>“male brain/female body” or “female brain/male body” theory, but these studies are limited, and have had conflicting results.

I've watched Robert Sapolsky lecture on this a bit, and I do think its a primitive theory, but I think it's the best we have right now. I don't think it's deniable either, based on supplementary evidence, that dysphoria is typically rooted in neurobiology rather than psychology (except in exception cases, which of course need to be studied more), such as phantom penile syndrome not occurring after gender-reassignment performed on biological males.

>Carole Hooven was recently pressured by colleagues to resign from Harvard

I'm sure it was from colleagues outside of the neuroscience or psychiatry departments. From my experience, most are pretty level-headed. It's when you get into the social sciences that everything devolves into speculation and theory. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was otherwise.
>>
Doing submissions-via-thread like this seems like it's bound to start a lot of unrelated discussion instead of having anons read the magazine and comment on it. You could argue that this will eventually contribute to the content of the magazine, but until something actually shows up in it there is almost zero relevance. It's like a
>What do you think he reads?
>Books for this feel?
>Books that about...?
thread but on a smaller scale; anyone can inject their topic into the conversation by claiming it's going to show up in the currently-doesn't-even-exist-yet magazine. I also think that taking essays on shit that has nothing to do with literature is a waste of time (predicated on the fact that most essays will be mediocre regardless).

I also don't get the interplay between "I want to start a magazine" and "can someone else be the editor, please?" I mean I get it as an ideal, but it's a goofy approach when so far a single page has been posted. This while playing the part of the "invisible anon" who uses a trip and makes long update posts while reiterating his non-entity status.

>>23273655
>>23273732
The content has to do with what people submit, and as far as I can tell that's always the limit for /lit/ projects. There are never enough submissions to consistently define theme or be anything other than "radically free-speech".
>>
>>23274588
>I also think that taking essays on shit that has nothing to do with literature is a waste of time (predicated on the fact that most essays will be mediocre regardless).
The essays in &amp that were about literature were often shittier than the ones that were on unrelated topics. Some of the non literature ones were actually alright
>>
>>23274612

I think this is a valid take, however, sometimes essays can be essentially prose works. The piece I submitted was a half-philosophy, half-creative writing project. I enjoy reading prose-essays myself.
>>
>>23274588
what do you think literature is? literature explores topics that actually affect people. masters like dostoevsky and victor hugo didn't come out of nowhere. they were trying to communicate a message about the real world. but they communicated through narrative instead of pure analysis. one format of communication should not be uniformly rejected in favor of another.

though, this is why there needs to be an editor. various contributors will have different priorities and values, and if we are left to fight over who gets in then the arguments will never end
>>
>>23274789
My point kind of defeated itself when I said that there isn't enough content in the first place for /lit/ zines to be discerning. It's more that I think doing anything that makes /lit/ look like a place for politicking and banal idea-guy bullshit is gay.
>what do you think literature is? literature explores topics that actually affect people
Okay, yes, literature technically encompasses all written works, but that's exactly the point I was trying to address by bringing up shit like "books for this feel" threads: spreading the definition so thin makes it pointless and allows for arbitrary discussions. We're on a board for literature where the definition of use is obviously "literary things" rather than "everything anyone has ever put in writing", so don't be such a pedantic weasel about it. (You dance around it instead of actually saying what sets apart the literary "masters" from every other ninny who ever penned a thought.)

More than that, I personally would rather read some anon's shitty attempt at being creative than some anon's shitty attempt at prescriptively delivering his "message". Odds are I can laugh at a bad story, but a bad essay is generally just a fucking bore.
>>
>>23274588
>I also don't get the interplay between "I want to start a magazine" and "can someone else be the editor, please?"
biggest tip-off that this thing is never getting made
you got to just do a thing like this; you can't discuss it to death
>>
>>23275765
it is being done?
>>
>>23275069
why is it pedantry to point out that fiction has a message ??
if you want to read shitty or weird fiction there's four years worth of &amp issues at lampbylit.com and there's also Tales of the Unreal. I don't think it's wrong to want to do something different than literally everyone else has done in the history of lit

and if you're asking about why some literature is better than others, I can't parse that for you. you need to make your own filter. the masters are determined by consensus not by any one person
>>
>>23249711
I'll send you something this evening
>>
>>23274612
>The essays in &amp that were about literature were often shittier than the ones that were on unrelated topics
still seething about my american psycho essay I see?
>>
It's over.
>>
>>23272154
Can do.
>>23273732
>radical free speech
Correct. Likewise, it is important to be able to talk about these things. The editor will frame opposing view and really good arguments.
>>23274588
>things that arent literature
Are you the arbiter of what is and is not, anon? If you feel you are wasting your time, perhaps act with clear purpose toward a desired outcome.

Overall anons, you can’t stop others from speaking. Everything will be in its appropriate place via table of contents, so you may limit your exposure as you desire. Welcome to 4chan.

As far as asking for editors/content, the editor is happy to do all of the work, but this will take time, as we all have lives. Likewise, if so, this will require participating anons to acknowledge that criticisms on the project will be absolutely meaningless if not constructive.
The personal deadline for a full magazine is May. The editor would be faster if they had the appropriate drugs, but such is life. Contribute as you will, it’s not a big deal how fast it goes.

The editor will tell you if they leave, anon. Stop being so hesitant. The project will continue no matter the timeline. You deserve it.
>>
>>23277420
i would also suggest standardizing submission formats to mla9 or something like that
>>
>>23275069
I'd rather read an essay than some coomer's lame attempt at smut
>>
>>23274789
I agree in principle, but many publications have more than one editor, or editors for certain areas of content. I am the anon who edited his uncle's self-published novel, btw. The overall theme in my opinion should be an ethos that is DIY, focusing on and even militantly espousing with the coastal elites who are trying to revise a history of not only American literature, but Western literature in general. There is a void, an angry one at that.
>>
>>23275069
I would keep the essay section of this litmag very short. It would need to be an admixture of current events and analysis of literary themes that apply (or the argument thereof).
>>
>>23279231
the editor would suck you off if they could
thanks for being a paragon of true art
>>
>>23279235
Misquoted
>>23274789
meant this
Please unsuck your penis thanks
>>
Misquoted twice, that’s it, killing myself.
New thread after the 15th, will compile written works and guidelines.
>>
>>23278531
what is mla9?
>>
>>23277420
>The editor will frame opposing view and really good arguments.
Assuming you get submissions that actually cover opposing points of view? You have like six total submissions right now, man. What, are you going to run ads searching for someone to write something pro-gender, pro-zionist?
>>
>>23280700
i will write it, don't worry
>>
>>23279294
I just realized I used "espouse" while trying to sound too smart. Dispel with or reject is probably a better term.
>>
>>23280700
>write something pro-gender
Why dont you do it? You seem like enough of a fag
>>
>>23280700
If your words don't piss someone off to refute it, you've earned your platform alone.
>>
bump
>>
It's over. Something came up. Someone else can head the project if they want but I have real world obligations which unfortunately I must attend to.
>>
>>23283417
>many such cases
>>
>>23283417
>no trip
hmmm
>>
>>23283417
Are you being blackmailed by &amp into shutting the project down?
>>
File: magnum_vol01_cover.png (371 KB, 2550x3300)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>23248778
Hi, you inspired me to make my own magazine. It's called Magnum and I'm the editor and I included all the submissions from your magazine. The special thing about my magazine is that it'll release before you and be cooler and less stupid. Check out my sweet barely legible cover.

Took me two nights and this afternoon. But to be fair I didn't read or edit any of the pieces (that's how the pros do it).

Everything here only came to nine 8.5x11 pages, so to pad things out I also took the old &non submissions, which hopefully means the authors' souls can finally pass on peacefully to the afterlife (it brought me to a nice 32 pages of writing).
>>
File: magnum_spread1.png (766 KB, 5102x3300)
766 KB
766 KB PNG
>>
File: magnum_spread2.png (782 KB, 5102x3300)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
Will post a link to the full thing soon.
>>
>>23284384
>>23284388
>>23284393
>ariposting this obviously
>>
File: magnum_toc_intro_colophon.png (241 KB, 2550x3300)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
Odds I fucked up the table of contents are high.
Put my head way up my own ass to do you this service.

https://mega.nz/file/Ow0lQZLK#Gz1w543YSvOmdnqSrzOy3jX7sNjYg8Um-wiHkn6TH-Q
>>
>>23284421
>There were symptoms of never-going-anywhere.
>out of spite and boredom
>I wanted to show how much you can get done in a few days
Fucking ironic, considering that you've been working on the best-of for what, 20 months now? and still haven't come up with shit. Maybe your spite and boredom would be put to better use actually finishing what you fucking started.
>>
>>23283417
>>23284384
>>
>>23284421

OP's version looked much more stylized and included submitted photography.
>>
>>23284727
Shut up nigga
>>
>>23284421
>>23284727

Also "The Man in the Study" was omitted, despite you displaying it here already.
>>
>>23284739

Nvm my e-reader was just fucking autistic
>>
File: 1707550950654477.jpg (241 KB, 860x1020)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>23284421
Doing things out of spite is a familiar flavor to this editor, and it is encouraged that you see that there is no agenda other than to promote local artists. Your effort is seen, recognized, and impressive. If it is something you truly wish to do alone, then do so, but there are plenty of anons here who genuinely wish to be a part of a collaborative project without all of the drama, impatience, overdependence, and general instability of others' psychology.

Sustainability is more important than shitting out a project to prove an invisible boogeyman 'wrong'. If this is your will, then you are encouraged to create monthly threads for the endeavor, develop your own ethos for the publication, and ask for submissions. Taking them from here is just as fine, that gives the authors' greater exposure and is as good as anything else.

You are clearly motivated. Why are you separating yourself from your peers, anon?
>>
>>23284749
>sustainability
I wanted to make a point about you being hung up on the wrong things. While I cheated by not editing each piece or devoting care to how they were ordered, you've been suggesting "invisible anons" taking up the reigns. And if you look at the content of what I posted, it makes clear that you need to drum up a lot more submissions, yet you've made no motion in that regard. The "opposing views" thing also shows that you imagine the submissions will just fall into place when that's arguably the hardest part.

I had an edge through experience, but I was able to get it done as quickly as I did simply because I laid out the writing in front of me and just put it together. Say I just shat it out, but now you at least have to pay mind to improving over what I did. Another night and I could have reasonably edited these things (which you should also know now will be a mostly thankless and boring task).

>collaborative project without all of the drama, impatience, overdependence, and general instability of others' psychology
The work, if you're leading it, will fall onto you. Apart from submissions, you have to accept that if you want to start something you need to be willing to put in the work yourself. It depends on you, and you can't base it from the start on these invisible anons you're imagining. I had fun putting this together, but do you know if you're going to actually enjoy it when you actually have to do the work? when you start setting deadlines?

Your whole third-person editor thing also just pisses me off. You go on about it while injecting personal details and doing this petty updates instead of showing any real work. You've demonstrated very little while injecting rather useless or fruitless commentary.

Maybe I should have had the patience to see what you'll supposedly post tomorrow, but what's it going to be? You've put the cart before the horse on a bunch of things. To be fair, it's not damning, but the longer it gets drawn out the more tired you'll become and the less faith an observer will have in there being any results.
>>
>>23284827
>it makes clear that you need to drum up a lot more submissions
You are of the mind that Rome was built in a day, I see.
>Say I just shat it out, but now you at least have to pay mind to improving over what I did.
You admitted yourself that you applied very little effort.
>You've demonstrated very little while injecting rather useless or fruitless commentary.
>but the longer it gets drawn out the more tired you'll become and the less faith an observer will have in there being any results.
The editor reserves the right to make mistakes, get drunk on weekends, and generally be autistic. For anything further on the matter, see
>>23277420
This is in no way a personal blog. There is no identity applied to the editor, but a request to acknowledge general humanity. If you cannot see past your hang ups anon, I do not know how you ever intend on creating a future for yourself or others. Stop getting angry over internet strangers who have no idea who you are.
>>
File: ForYou1.png (427 KB, 738x917)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>23269678
Here's the result of that advice. Have a flight to catch, will finish the rest throughout the week.
>>
>>23285352
based
>>
>>23285352
This is still basic word doc tier
>>
>>23285352
Margins look fucked desu
>>
>>23285352
safe travels OP
>>
File: magnum06_300dpi-005.png (433 KB, 2550x3300)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>23285352
All you've done is slightly embellish the first version of this you posted. Six days and you've arguably made >>23266999 worse. You ignored pretty much all of the advice that was given previously except for a generic comment on ways to implement illustrations. That's hubris and laziness. To repeat a point I made before: forget about illustrations for now; figure out how to make text look decent on a page before you go trying to add more to it.

1. Ditch the box around the title/author.
2. You did a drop cap by increasing font size from what I can tell. Don't. Scribus has an option for doing proper drop caps, so look up online how to do it. Generally they should take up space through the lines below the drop cap. And don't italicize them it looks stupid.
3. Your margins on the top, bottom, and right all look fucked. If this was actually printed in a book you'd lose your far-right text to the inner crease. It also looks whack being so tight--you've got more room between paragraphs than you do to the edge of the page. (Looking at it again, that seems to actually be the right page, but either way it's dumb as fuck; someone's hand holding the page will always overlap the text; the image running to the bleeds means extending past the edge of the page, and does not look good for this illustration.)
4. Justify your fucking text. It shouldn't be left-aligned. Enable hyphenation after justifying it.
5. Still no padding between the illustration and the text.
6. Page number is nearly illegible and looks like it's on the same line as the body text; what happens if the body text extends to the end of the page? it'll overlap the page number.
7. Your underlined mag title looks like ass. Remove the underline. Don't make it so close to the edge of the page
8. Image is too low res to be that large. Aim for 300dpi if you wanna larp about print standards.
9. Remove the extra (double) line breaks between paragraphs and indent following first lines instead; the author was stupid for writing it with double line breaks, but you're the editor, so fix it.
10. Mix of curly (smart) and straight quotes; make them at least consistent, and if you want to bitch about standards then you better make them all curly and in the appropriate direction.
11. Text is too wide across the page. Use smaller pages or multiple columns.

In general, pick up a professional book or magazine and look at what they do or don't do.

If you want to complain about my laziness in beating you to the punch, the only problem of the above afflicting my version is point 10. (I even went out of my way to remove the double line breaks on this piece, though not generally.) That gives you 10 more steps you need to go through to make this one single page better than my two-nights-and-an-afternoon.

>blahblahblah this is in no way a personal blog
>why won't you be a part of what I'M DOING?
>i'm better than you so learn to be humble XD
>bai guys gotta catch my plane to the funeral :3
>updates soon!!!
>>
>>23288009
fuck off ari. Go finish what you started instead of shitting on this. No one remembers you or &amp.
>>
>>23288016
Is that really all this is to you? A way of getting back at &amp? Why? Who hurt you? This shouldn't be the driving motivation behind an ezine
>>
I was planning on submitting a piece I wrote but you're right. I'm just taking it elsewhere.
>>
File: TNY.jpg (1.1 MB, 2400x1660)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>23288009
The margins, page numbers, and running head look alright here, but the readability of the text itself sucks ass. I don't know if it's just the font itself or a combination of poor font choice and messed up kerning, but it looks bad and is a real pain to read. The letters are faint and indistinct, and seem to be crowded much too closely together, giving the whole thing a cramped look. The columns are slightly too close together as well. I had to strain my eyes attempting to read this shit. Compare it to this spread from The New Yorker: they use a slightly bolder font and the text is less cramped, making it much easier to read. If you want to portray yourself as some kind of authority on style and formatting, then at least post an example of your own work that doesn't look like dogshit.
>>
File: magnum06_300dpi-018.png (579 KB, 2550x3300)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>23288083
You're right. The text is compressed to 79% and the column spacing is one click on the button to increase the width from 0, bringing it to 0.1 inches. While the column spacing problem is pervasive, most of the rest of the text isn't compressed (but there are plenty of other examples where it's bad). I wanted this piece to fit arbitrarily onto a single page (it had about one more column at 100% width), and you're right that I fucked it up in the process. The fact that the font looks noticeably different from the opposing page is also a problem.

Part of it came down to not wanting to fret about a page layout that wasn't three columns, which was an act of laziness. (On other pages I do butt multiple pieces together, though I wanted to avoid that with the seemingly less shitpost-y almost-one/two-page pieces; but you're still right.) There are more pages where I forgot to hyphenate, or didn't fix orphans/widows, or left nasty double-breaks between paragraphs, etc. The poems are all pretty fucked for formatting because many of them had lines that broke over the column width I set, and the way I figured to distinguish these not-new-lines was by slightly indenting following these column breaks; I didn't know what else I could do without losing whole pages to one or two poems. Pic rel is an example of three column-broken poems; you said to at least post a good example but I'll concede that the whole thing has major problems.

Is there a standard for column spacing? In my head I figure it should be about the same as the linespacing.

And what would you suggest for dealing with poems in the context I mentioned? Fucking with their format at all feels like anathema, since you're risking changing the way it's read (one attempt to denote a newline is another poet's subtle attempt at flow). I figure it's most just about dedicating space or having stricter standards for poetry submissions, but that last one obviously doesn't fly in the context of a free-for-all /lit/ mag or in general.

(There are also pages from &non, specifically gadfly, that I only got through ocr of shitty res pictures, though in the context of resurrecting dead /lit/ content I almost like it.)
>>
>>23288177
Indenting or right-aligning with an opening square bracket the spillover of a poem's long line (e.g. "[wound up a doll" right-aligned, in your picrel) are both pretty standard - but preferably have enough space for poetry for most of the lines to fit
>>
>>23288177
>There are also pages from &non, specifically gadfly, that I only got through ocr of shitty res pictures

If you had taken a moment to actually read >>22618322, you would have noticed that
>All of the pastebin submissions from the last &non thread have been text dumped in a Google Doc to prevent them from being lost when the pastebin links expire: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1--xYcYSlieD3Nw0UdsDB6eBZUZ7GwTZhIQ_x0maACbw/edit

The full text of gadfly is in there. Not sure how you managed to miss that.
>>
File: TNYpoemspread1.png (2.05 MB, 1170x879)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>23288177
>Is there a standard for column spacing? In my head I figure it should be about the same as the linespacing.
Not sure if a formal standard exists, but just going off of looks, the example you posted looks too cramped. Notice how in the spread I posted here >>23288083 the columns have slightly more space between them, and it significantly improves the readability. I also just think the whole thing would be easier to read if you used a different font that has slightly bolder lettering so that it stands out from the page more, especially since the text is so small.

>And what would you suggest for dealing with poems in the context I mentioned?
I dislike the look of all of those poems squished into a three column spread. The New Yorker usually does it by putting a single poem on a page and spacing it across two columns, and filling the rest of the page with three columns of text from a longer article or story. This saves some space while avoiding the line-break problem that you mentioned. See pic related for an example.
>>
File: TNYpoemspread2.png (2.01 MB, 1170x886)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>23288177
An example of the layout for a shorter poem.
>>
File: metal_cross.jpg (128 KB, 600x960)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>23248778
Show the cover art for my novel, drawn by Timbul Cahyono. Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D1L9R2JK
>>
>>23288722

Pretty badass.
>>
File: mangum_redo.png (1.95 MB, 5102x6602)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>23288083
Alright, posting revised examples that address:
1. the overly compressed text
2. the too-small column gaps.

To deal with the column balance I was worried about before, I gave the title its own column (which is in line with formatting I use for later pieces). But setting apart the title like that makes it a little weird (in my mind) to butt new pieces up against the end, so I considered two options to fill out the weight of the bottom-right corner:
1. an illustration (either spanning the empty space of the fourth column into the right-most, or a vertical illustration in the sixth column; I'd have done the latter if I had one handy)
2. a short theme-appropriate poem; I'd set apart poems with differently-styled titles if I had to redo things and wanted to give them their own space.

The illustration I used here feels a little cramped, so I either could have cropped it further. In Scribus it's also worth being careful when aligning to margins, considering the baseline grid doesn't necessarily match them (and as of right now I know of no way to guarantee that it does). On a later page this becomes a problem where, while the text is comfortably padded from the header and footer, an illustration I set spanning a column gets awkwardly close, and has something of a visual lip on the top and bottom that sticks out from the text lines. So an extra bit of padding for illustrations that reach the top/bottom margin is important.

>If you want to portray yourself as some kind of authority on style and formatting, then at least post an example of your own work that doesn't look like dogshit.
I deserved to be checked for fucking up the most fundamental part of this, which is presenting readable text, but I I'll take the chance to calm my seething and say that the suggestions I've given are totally achievable for a self-taught novice (like me). It'd ruin part of my point if I pretended to be a real authority on this.

But yeah, shame on me for tacitly condoning text compression abuse.

>>23288257
Thanks, the right-aligning thing especially sounds like a good approach for limited spaces. Giving every piece its own space is the ideal; butting pieces together felt like a newspaper, and kind of makes them blend together (especially in this case where most don't have real titles, though I like the blending in this context).
>with an opening square bracket
Funny that one of the poems from &non used brackets and would fuck up exactly this. (But of course that's why an editor is around to deal with these things.)

>>23288708
>>23288710
You sniped me. What's your take on the column in #2 of this example? I really like the two-column poem spreads, and I can imagine #2 looking better if the poem was placed like that in the final empty space. The left-aligned title and right-aligned authorship is also nice in your samples; I've struggled trying to get that balance right in other cases, and here I let the lines be indented to centre the poem's weight.
>>
File: TNYtitlespread1.png (2.11 MB, 1170x883)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>>23288733
The text and column spacing is much better in these revised spreads, but I dislike how you’ve formatted the titles. The kerning on the title text is really cramped and doesn’t look polished. A better option would be to do a three columned spread, but leave some space above all three columns to put in the title and attribution. This gives you plenty of room to space out the text, and looks much cleaner. See pic related.
>>
>>23288733
And something I didn't have space to point out in 3000 characters: you can see a lot of paragraphs ending with fragments of words on their own lines due to hyphenation. Look here >>23288708 >>23288710 and you'll see that last lines of paragraphs are always filled a little better than that (two words or longer single words). The too-short ones in my sample are called orphans.

Although I abused font compression before, this is one of the cases where you can do small width changes to paragraphs so the final lines fill out better. Here >>23267979 I make a note about maybe up to 4% being tolerable (as in not visually discernible next to normal text), but I'd like to hear >>23288708's take.

>>23288708
>a different font that has slightly bolder lettering
What's your take on the readability of the font in the uncompressed example? I opted for the light variant instead of regular, but I won't justify it. I'll also take suggestions on fonts for future use. Fonts are something I know very little about.

>I dislike the look of all of those poems squished into a three column spread
I agree. It's another symptom of me being lazy and avoiding deviating from the three-column layout. The multi-column poem approach you posted is new to me, so it's going in my back pocket from now on.

And looking at >>23288710 with the centred poem title and right-aligned authorship that lines up perfectly with the longest line, I was prepared to bitch about Scribus lacking nice auto-resize features for text boxes, but while thinking about it I realised exactly how to implement that: justify the longest line and manually resize until it looks right, and that way it's perfectly aligned.
>>
File: TNYtitlespread2.png (2.12 MB, 1170x877)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>23288733
Alternatively, you can format the titles by centering them across two columns like this. Both options look much better than the tightly spaced text in the layouts you posted.
>>
File: mangum_redo2.png (803 KB, 5102x3300)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>>23288760
Yeah, you've spotted more compressed text, and thanks for another nice example.

To use your multi-column title suggestion, I can imagine spanning two columns with the title of Man in the Study, then leaving the fifth column with the empty space at the end to make the conclusion of the piece clear (though it'd probably vanish or extend into the sixth column given the space the two-column title would take...). That would free up the first and sixth columns for pieces that wouldn't feel too visually connected to Man in the Study. Anyway, mocked it up as a test and you got me again >>23288763. (Ignore the orphans and justification problems.)

So what's your take on the pieces in the furthest left and right columns? Body text of Man in the Study has been compressed to 97%, which I think looks tolerable. My chief concern here is that it looks too homogeneous with pieces packed in like this. I suppose this is where an inset poem or illustration would be useful for separating pieces.

Separate problem I've encountered that your last sample touches on: multiple drop caps in a single piece. It obviously works in the TNY copy you posted, but the trouble I have is when someone uses line breaks judiciously (as in deliberately and not after every paragraph) but so frequently that any subsequent drop caps feel like clutter. Okay, I guess I'm just complaining.

btw your floor makes me think we could be neighbours
>>
Agreed. Too much talking, not enough action. The guidance is appreciated and the editor will try to apply this moving forward.

The work provided in this thread is of great quality and would be accepted for the magazine, but if the intention is to overtake the work, by all means. This is a user-driven publication and the editor is just a single person learning as it is developed.

Setting aside the bullshit: are you owed the editor’s time? Are you unable of producing something without the approval of a faceless frontman? The work looks amazing, and it has always been in the hands of anons to make this happen, without some single point of failure.

If this or any publication is to survive, one must give grace to others, represent themselves keenly, and have a deep understanding of the core tenets of a 4chan guerrilla magazine. That is truly all the editor means to achieve: showing a standard from which to carry forward. It is very strange to be told one is not doing enough, when communication has been clear regarding an unavailability.

One wonders if you’d prefer a slave instead. Why not simply submit these? The editor isn’t in any position to gatekeep.

>>23288722
Absolutely
>>
>>23288722
buy an ad
oh wait
>>
>>23284384
if you post my article in your magazine without permission, i WILL copyright takedown your shit. you have been warned
>>
>>23289420
The thing is already made, man, so if your article is in this thread then I've already got my greedy little hands on it. Take a look for yourself: >>23284421.
>>
>>23289445
So would you like to take over then, or is the mega link for use in this publication as well?

As long as some sane people choose to do “the magazine”, it really doesn’t matter.
>>
>>23289649
Stop being such a snarky retard. If you think this project is worth doing then try actually putting some effort into learning the necessary skills to complete it, instead of just wasting your time blogposting pretentious inane bullshit in this thread.
>>
>>23285352
this sucks ngl
>>
>>23270553
>>23270547
There is something you like about the attitude and environment provided here (dont pretend like you dont, otherwise you wouldnt be here) but dont understand why its obnoxious that you want to 'create an identity'. The anonymity and facelessness of the boards is the causal nucleus of what distinguishes it from other sites. You like whats unique about this place but you dont want to PARTICIPATE in that, you want contingent attention from others. I just want you to know that anything unique about 4chan only exists despite people such as yourself.
>>
>>23284827
Don't pretend like you care, you're just mad about something and wanted to ruin his project but clearly it doesnt matter to him.
>>
>>23285352
Don't listen to the seething. It looks way better and there are no obligations upon you as much as others may angrily insist. Those people definitely aren't contributing and won't read it anyway
>>
>>23290747
It’s confusing and difficult to remain motivated in such an environment, but those that have posted will have their pages made.
>>
If you have any essays you'd like share that fit the kind of topics we run, please consider also submitting to Tooky's Mag. Always happy to run fellow /lit/ dudes and guarantee it will actually get shared.

https://tookys.substack.com/

Subs to: tookysmag@gmail.com
>>
>>23290870
fuck off tooky
>>
>>23290888
No thanks.

>>23290870
Also accepting contemporary fiction!
>>
>>23290896
your podcast fucking sucks
>>
>>23290896
you podcast is fucking based
>>
>>23290896
>>23290905
fuck off samefag
>>
>>23290908
Crab.
>>
>>23290727

I like the way literature is discussed. I am not chronically online, and so I don't visit many websites in general, let alone forums that are philosophy/lit focused. I was drawn here by the discourse, not the anonymity. And as previously stated, I post more anonymously than I do with my moniker. Even on this thread. I only use my moniker when delivering my own work, so as to provide people a background as to what I have written, and the capability to find me in the future if they so choose.
>>
>>23254960
atrocious
>>
>>23291422
makes sense given that it was written by that talentless hack rjc
>>
File: workspace.png (278 KB, 1326x1332)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>23289649
>>23290864
The document was meant to light a fire under your ass, not as a submission. I wanted you to see that you're hung up on the wrong parts of this and that it's not a monumental effort for an individual. I'll butt out until you start posting significant work, especially considering I've been repeating myself, but you really need to lay a foundation before moving forward, like getting submissions and figuring out how to typeset.

Hit up /wg/ or /pg/ or any thread of anons making stories ("write a story about this image", "write a story in X words", etc.) to ask for submissions, and comment on people's work. Even /wwoym/ could work since they're all desperate to be heard (but that'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel, even here). You're unlikely to get enough submissions to pick and choose what to use, so don't set any limits (though I'd recommend encouraging fiction so you're not totally bombarded with the typically trite poems and essays). I'd also seriously recommend just saying you're working on *a* magazine, not a monthly thing; until you figure out how much work it takes, don't make any future plans beyond getting the first issue out.

Either learn to do the typesetting stuff I told you about or go back to using LaTeX (the latter will hit a wall on style and flexibility, but it's better than what you can manage on your own right now). If you want to press on with Scribus, start by learning to use these parts of it:
>Style Manager (controls all your font options that you can apply in bulk to text)
>Story Editor (a sort of text editor for putting text into text boxes and applying styles)
>Master Pages (templates for pages that you can simplify the processes like page-numbering and setting margins)
Then there are the things you can do with that, like justifying the text (effectively a requirement) and multiple columns. It's easy to do a bad job with tools you don't understand, so learn how to use them and learn the basics of typesetting.

Look up guides and try replicating the pages of books or simple magazines---when you see something you don't understand or can't do, look it up. The text is paramount, so forget about illustrations until you nail the rest. These articles are short and should be a good start (I wouldn't worry about the rest of the site right now):
https://practicaltypography.com/body-text.html
https://practicaltypography.com/point-size.html
https://practicaltypography.com/line-spacing.html
https://practicaltypography.com/line-length.html
https://practicaltypography.com/line-spacing.html
https://practicaltypography.com/justified-text.html
https://practicaltypography.com/first-line-indents.html

Forget about ethos and bullshit like that: just practice typesetting behind the scenes and start drumming up submissions.

>>23291230
Dude you've been in threads talking about Christianity and middle school books with your goofy name on. That gives a weak impression of keeping it tied to your work.
>>
>>23291726
Why do you care so much about his project? Let him figure shit out himself
>>
>>23291422
>>23291477

It's about Ari.
>>
>>23291788
hey
someone posted something useful in this godforsaken place
be chill about it
>>
>>23291726

As I previously stated, I am unsure how my use of a moniker impacts you. Why are you so invested in my anonymity? I'm not afraid to be recognized or to have my views known.
>>
>>23279571
>New thread after the 15th, will compile written works and guidelines.
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NEW THREAD OP
>>
>>23293909
he gave up after getting mogged by magnum
>>
>>23293293
You're an oblivious newfag who hasn't spent enough time lurking before deciding to post. If you don't understand that trying to make a name for yourself on here goes against the premise of the site, you're too new to be posting. It's a sign that you'll treat things here just like anywhere else and do your small part in homogenizing the board and site culture, as much as you might like to think of yourself as set apart. The sort of discourse that you want to engage in, that you've noticed here as unique, is fostered in part by anonymity and self-effacement.

It's not just your name that makes you obviously too new, but stupid things like not knowing what a tripcode is and having pathetically thin skin. Using a name is what ties it all together and enables criticizing your posting history as a whole. It's okay to be stupid and learn, but don't complain when your idiocy is pointed out to you, and it's simply polite to take time to figure things out before arrogantly asserting yourself above everyone else.

There seems to be a flux of name-using poofs like you on here, and it's probably a bad thing.
>>
>>23294898

>t. Ari
>>
>>23248778
>We need short stories, medium stories, long stories,
I have an 8,000 word story. What category does that fit into?
I also am writing another story I think will be a lot better.
>>
>>23294898

That wasn't me. He's trying to prove a point.
>>
>>23293293

Though he did a respectable-ish job at imitating my mode of speech. I wouldn't say "have my views known" however, nor the assertion that I'm "not afraid to be recognized."
>>
>>23295357
Submit to Tooky's mag
>>
>>23295863
What dat?
>>
>>23296053
a slop-filled substack publication created by an arrogant homosexual shill-spammer. keep well away from it
>>
>>23295363
>>23295371

This wasn't me, although I must say that he did make a passable attempt at mimicking my stilted and pompous usage of the written word. I'm trans btw, and I have a piss kink.
>>
>>23293909
OP WHERE ARE U?
>>
>>23288009
op, please include all of magnum in the final magazine, repeats and all
>>
>>23298323
OP fucked off
>>
bump
>>
>>23299777
write something anon
i doesnt have to be good
>>
>>23300091
no point, considering this shit will never get anywhere
>>
bump
(pls update us OP)
>>
OP died from a vax injury. i'm sorry you all had to hear this from me, his gay tranny lover
>>
>>23301965
rip
>>
>>23301965

I thought I was his only one...

He is dead tho.
>>
>>23302277
>gay tranny confirmed
>>
bump
>>
>>23301965
omg op was daniel dennet
>>
>>23288815
why did you say we could be neighbours you know that we aren’t even neighbours at all and it’s just a coincidence that we have the same style of parquet floor? I can’t even tell you about more formatting examples or give you my take even though I always rlly want to help because if you don’t know it’s me then I can’t talk to you at all because i always have to tell the truth snd I thought you already knew it was me who was posting the TNY spreads but maybe you didn’t know? and why did you steal all the submissions from &non to make magnum was it just to make fun of me and make me upset by stealing the submissions from my project that I was working on and putting them with grotesque images even? i don’t understand why you would do that please why would you do that just because you’re very angry and you hate me a lot? please don’t hate me like that and the pages I designed for &non weren’t even shitty like the ones the OP of this mag posted my designs were actually effortful and good and I was working hard on &non and making lots of progress until Ryan wrecked everything and lots of bad things happened when he made them get me snd then I was rlly upset and I couldn’t even focus anymore? I’m not trying to abandon any projects like you said before I’m not like the OP of this magazine I actually know how to do it?? please tell me why I’m not trying to be mad but I don’t understand why you would do this please don’t hate me any more
>>
>>23305383
you didn't get to do &non but atleast you got this weird prose poem about it
move on to a new project; you've spent too long trying to conjure a breeze on staid waters
>>
>>23305756
That’s my project and you don’t get to tell me what I do and don’t get to do or how to feel because you aren’t allowed and I don’t care what you think no one cares what you think and it’s not up to you so you don’t get to say that and dismiss my feelings like they don’t matter??? That’s my project and it was one of the only things I felt interested in working on and I rlly cared about it and Ryan already tried to ruin it and sabotage it and now it’s like ruined even more like it’s grave has been desecrated and you don’t get to tell me that I don’t get to do it and you don’t get to tell me to move on???? you don’t know anything and you aren’t even real you aren’t real???? that’s my project that I made and worked on a lot and I only couldn’t finish it because something really bad happened and it’s not fair to take it away and steal the submissions I gathered and make a mockery of the whole thing just to be cruel and salt the wound when I’m already rlly upset and it already hurts so much all the time that’s not fair and it doesn’t even make sense I don’t understand why???? like haven’t I lost enough you aren’t even real and you don’t know you don’t get to tell me what to do you aren’t allowed and I’m not even going to listen to you because you aren’t real and you don’t get to have a say??? you aren’t real and your opinion doesn’t matter to anyone and you don’t get to say that????? go away leave me alone I don’t even care what you think and I’m not going to let you tell me what to do or how to feel because it’s not fair??????? and you sound like the OP and no one even cares about this stupid low effort magazine you got less than 10 submissions and the thread was DOA and you’ve put no effort into design or into developing a creative vision at all and you seem lazy and uninterested in learning how to design and format like the &non threads got lots of submissions and were always active and people actually cared about them and no one cares about this????? no one cares about your for (you) magazine and the mock ups you posted look absolutely fucked and you are lazy and no one is even submitting to your magazine because no one wants to submit because it’s pointless and bad????? you don’t know anything and you don’t get to tell me to move on to a new project because you don’t know anything at all and you don’t get to say that????
>>
sorry OP, i give up on this project because it has absolutely no reach or relevance outside of 4chan. even posting to my substack would be better than publishing anything here. it seems that the only thing lit is good for is showing why gatekeeping exists in the first place
>>
>>23305856
you can do it you can do it you can do it
but you haven't done it
and it's been many months
>>
>>23306262
how am I supposed to do it when I can’t even get calm Right now and I have exams and so much work I have to do i need to get calm and I can do it soon when I’m feeling better then when I’m feeling better and the bad feeling goes away I’ll be able to do it??? how are you going to say I haven’t done it when it’s only been like six months meanwhile ari has been working on the best of since august 2022 which was many months ago and he still hasn't done it? it’s okay if he needs more time like sometimes you need more time i understand I’m not even trying to be mad at him but it wouldn’t be fair for someone else to take the list he made and make their own best of in two days with grotesque pictures and a mean editors note and saying that the submissions were astroturfed when they actually weren’t astroturfed and do that just to spite him and snipe his project and make fun of it and trivialise the work he did? i wouldn’t do that to him ever and he’s taken more than three times as long as me to do his project even and he still hasn’t finished it but no matter how long it takes I still wouldn’t do that to him because i know that that’s his project he worked on a lot and i want him to finish it himself so he can feel good about it and if someone else stole it and made a bad version just to be spiteful he probably wouldn’t like that and he wouldn’t be happy because that’s his project he made so i would never do that to him because i don’t want him to be sad? and i wouldn’t even mind as much if he took the &non submissions and did a good version that he actually cared about and tried to make it nice, it just makes me rlly sad and hurt that he made a low effort version in two days with bad pictures just to make a mockery of the whole thing and prove some sort of point that doesn’t even make sense??? you don’t even get to say that i haven’t done it when he is the one who hasn’t even done it because that’s a double standard and it’s not fair?? and you don’t even have any projects of your own you haven’t done anything and you aren’t even involved in this so you don’t get to say that??? you aren’t actually real you aren’t real????
>>
>>23305383
>>23305856
>>23306324
ATLAS RISE UP
get his ass
>>
>>23306510
no I’m not doing that because you don’t understand I’m not trying to get him or say anything bad to him because i never wanted to do anything bad to anyone I just need the bad feeling to go away and I need to know why and no one will ever tell me why ??
>>
>>23307075
>>23306324
This was funny the first couple times now it's just autistic. Stop posting.
>>
>>23306324
hey baby it's alright, I'm here for you.
>>
>>23308118
I don’t even know you and I can’t talk to you because you aren’t him and I only need to talk to him??? you aren’t real you’re just trying to trick me it’s not alright nothing is fine nothing is ever going to be okay again nothing is fine
>>
File: doubtposting.png (150 KB, 720x730)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>23248778
>I said I'd do it, here it is.
Let's fucking go. Get me in there. Just a fucking screenshot of the post, if you're so inclined. It's tradition, trust me on this.
"Read Jordan B. Peterson" for the history books.
>>
File: 2863.jpg (47 KB, 640x960)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Now that the thread has hit bump limit will OP finally come back to save us?
>>
>>23308417
hey baby it's alright, I'm here for you.
>>
what's with mentally ill NEETs and flinging shit?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.