[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 81CIzXUI1WS._SL1500_.jpg (169 KB, 971x1500)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>lesbian girl boss murdered a little boy, but she's the REAL victim!!!
I never want to hear the fridging criticism ever again
>>
>>23311048
What's the fridging criticism?
>>
>>23311172
It is usually a type of argument that goes something along the lines that female characters must be put into situations with excessive amounts of physical danger in order for the male character to do something about it. Usually something that feminists seeth about.
>>
>>23311200
So feminists don't want women in literature to be put in danger?
>>
>>23311048
>chinese themed cover
>girl boss murders a little boy
Is this a book about the lover of the Chinese emperor, mentioned in 48 Laws of Power: "Destroy your enemy totally," where the lover fucks the chinese emperor with his barren wife's permission and then smothers the child she gives birth to knowing everyone will assume the wife must be to blame because she was jealous.
>>
>>23311600
I am not that knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the fridge argument to represent it, but I would say it has more to do with traditional sex and gender roles than it does the actual danger part. I really only see it mentioned about cape shit in all candor, and I am using cape shit in an encompassing sort of way not a pejorative sort of way, I really only see it mentioned in discussions about comic and Marvel type media.
>>
>>23313820
Are there any "pro-lesbian" novels that are actually good?
>>
>>23314642
The Hymn to Aphrodite, but it is a lyric poem.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.