[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9ze89j7792p71.jpg (292 KB, 1080x1324)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
Why did no one tell me that Tolstoy wrote his own version of Crime and Punishment?
>>
>>23311911
Because it's vastly superior to Dosto's ghastly rigamarole and Dosto fans are coping and seething
>>
>>23311911
because it's not as good
>>
>>23311911
>>23311913
Leo's attempt at a last gasp of relevancy, while based Dostoyevski bros laugh
>>
>>23311942
During his lifetime it was actually the most popular book he wrote, even more than his 2 famous novels
>>
>>23311911
By far the most underrated Tolstoy. Simply beautiful. Not as good as W&P or AK, but a comfortable third
>>
>>23311942
>Dostoyevski
Its spelled with a y at the end.
Dostoyevsky shills don't even know how to spell his name.

Fun fact. A name ending in "-sky" is usually jewey
jewe[y]/sk[y]
but a name ending in "-ski" is usually white
>wh[i]te/sk[i]
>>
>>23312840
Is there a reason why dosto is beings skilled here so hard. Is this some depressive fed pysop.
>>
File: 1648794989850.jpg (15 KB, 306x306)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>23311911
Resurrection is genuinely fucking shit. The whore Nekhlyudov fucked gets pardoned by the Tsar so all the tension developed was for nothing. Nekhlyudov also has some of the most naive and cringe worthy takes on the justice system I've ever read. Is there something I missed about this book?
>>
>>23311911
According to Tolstoy there were 2 events in his life that made him perpetually depressed and guilty. One is that he had a sexual relationship with a serf he owned and had an illegitimate child with her before he married. This is the basis for his story The Devil which he hid from his wife

The second is that he seduced a peasant worker when he was young and she was sent off his estate after she got caught and she later died. Resurrection is basically Tolstoy trying to atone for this sin by writing a narrative of his self-insert character that he uses in several of his works saving the prostitute girl after seducing her
>>
>>23311911
its garbage
>>
everything in the book is pretty good except the ending where he went full christcuckery
>>
>>23311911
BEE OH ARE EYE EN GEE BORING. peace be with you
>>
>>23311915
It's excellent. Go read it.
>>
>>23314557
Just like Crime and Punishment.
>>
>>23314756
Nta but can I listen to the audiobook or will I need the book for footnotes for context?
>>
>>23312840
Who gives a shit, retard? It's spelled differently in every single damn language, because it's all arbitrary transcription from cyrillic. Hell, half of the canonical authors sign their names differently each time. It doesn't matter at all in the least, idiot pedant

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.