[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240421_210617.jpg (2.34 MB, 3000x3994)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
Underground edition.
Old >>23310105
>>
>>23311981
Another thread. Another hour. Another day. Fuck.
>>
>>23311981
>We move into a new house.
>A strict rule is immediately set, no one is allowed to eat in their rooms.
>Sister disobeys (shocker) and the rule is instantly changed and now we're allowed to eat in our rooms.
>My sister will face zero punishment for this.
She could murder the family dogs and my mum wouldn't punish her.
>>
File: 1694039091931490.png (194 KB, 950x800)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>23311991
>>
>>23311981
Paranoid Mia is going to start dating that Jared Leto Spanish guy, cards seem to align with this. Writing to stop it from happening.
>>
>>23312003
I don't follow the relevance, but I do happen to be reading sweet little Kafka's diaries right now.
>>
Schizo girl, how is it going? Time for a check in.
>>
>>23311981
Context of picture?
>>
I want a girl I can fatten up. I love fat girls, and I find them intensely attractive. But while it's fun to date girls who are already fat, I really want to start with a skinny or merely chubby girl and guide her into obesity.

I want to get married, too, so my dream is to find a girl I love and fatten her up over the course of our marriage. Hopefully the woman I'm destined to marry is as into this as I am.
>>
File: 1000009211.jpg (2.33 MB, 4032x3024)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>
File: 1680387504875261.jpg (13 KB, 136x228)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>23312016
>>
>>23312018
That's gonna be you (all) one day. But not me, I'm quantumly immortal
>>
File: 1000013011.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x3024)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>
I want to stay up all night, listening to Bob Dylan, drinking cognac and smoking American Spirits while occasionally stirring a fire with a poker
>>
>>23312000
Are you 16?
>>
>>23312021
my condolences
>>
>>23312028
No, just unemployed.
>>
>>23312028
Based pedophile sniffing out the children in the thread
>>
>>23312031
kek
>>
Someone on /wg/ once posted a link to a treatise on pedophile rights
>>
File: 1000000747.jpg (1.79 MB, 4032x3024)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>
File: 414.jpg (2.44 MB, 4160x2340)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>
I'm not gay. I am an intellectual.
>>
>>23312037
Nice picture.
>>
I'm pretty sure that I'm schizotypal. It would explain my behavior a lot more than autism
>>
File: 1000000748.jpg (3.81 MB, 4032x3024)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB JPG
>>23312069
>>
>>23312026
Bob Dylan SUCKS
>>
>>23312026
Boob sexo Dylan.
>>
https://voca.ro/1jppWWYd0sX7
>>
File: 1711556111322175.jpg (74 KB, 587x669)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Mom said I need to rethink the first chapter where the mc keeps peeing on himself in bed
>>
>>23312026
Bob Dylan is fake as fuck.

Listen to folk music sang by guys who actually lived the live they're singing about.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_niMUcmKBYZVs4yUTbOB7Rvlt47oL7uKro
>>
it's so cruel of god to not exist
I'm doomed to forever look for meaning where there is none
>>
>>23312149
It’s so cold out here I want fire
>>
>>23312149
beyond help
>>
>>23311981
A lot of hubbub is done about the Saxon beginning to hate, but really, all he did was begin to whine.
>>
There isn't really a particular period in history that I found more interesting than any other.
>>
>>23312245
I have a dormant obssesion with the Romans after the fall of western Romans, which has led me to consume a lot more literature about the period in the hope of obtaining tidbits about them than you would expect.
>>
Every time I meet an acquaintance or friend, they always ask me if I'm dating someone. And are surprised when I say no. Its been 2 years since I dated anyone.
>>
>>23312255
same with me, wonder how I'm suppossed to take it. generally speaking I like being single
>>
I thought everyone who used computers for a while touch typed, but apparently most people have to look at their keyboards to type with any accuracy?
>>
>>23312255
>they always ask me if I'm dating someone
is it american thing?
>>
Thinking about a time that I think I almost felt like I connected with someone. Was insanely high on a very large amount of benadryl at 18, an older lady came in to scold me (she recognized that it wasn't dangerous) and while she spoke, I just reached my hand out to touch her face.
I expected that she would swat my hand away, and I thought I could blame it on the drugs for why I did it (not thought, precisely- I was incapable of direct thoughts. I FELT like it would be okay because I can use being high as an excuse).
Instead of rejecting me, she gently took my hand and put it on her cheek. I didn't cry, but it felt like I was about to shatter into a million irreparable pieces. If she had hugged me, I might have. Maybe I would have died instantly.

It felt as though I were standing at the precipice of some unfathomable void, and that if she simply hugged me, I might have fallen in, never to return. I cannot explain it- I didn't want to fall. But I felt the "call of the void."

Is it over?
>>
since my wife left me last year I'm having trouble finding meaning in anything in life. her decision brought everything I tried to bury about my past to the surface. it's been 12 years dealing with depression but I feel like this time is not going to get better. I had a job I quit, I'm currently unemployed, my food is ending and I still don't feel like I need any reason to do anything. my impulse to keep myself alive is again failing me.
>>
>>23312331
why did she do it? sorry to hear it
>>
>>23312026
Youre a massive faggot.
>>
All I do is go to pool halls, watch TV, and read. If I stopped watching TV I could read 50+ books a year
>>
Was hoping to ask the poetry general to look over my recent works and it 404's as soon as I can submit them. Now I wait for the next one to be made...Works out though, I took a single stanza, turned it into four, and actually put some thought into the pattern of it.
>>
>>23312359
>Me when I'm a pretty average NYC guy in the mid-70s.
>>
>>23312428
Just make a new one and post it as the first reply.
>>
>>23312437
I thought about it, but it seems presumptuous to make a whole general just to get mine stuff looked at.
>>
File: anhedonia.png (16 KB, 1894x153)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
This is me, 7 years ago
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/9888962#p9893409

Since then, I've gone to college, I met girls, I drank with people, I learned to drive. And you know what? None of it felt good. My brain is just broken and I can't enjoy anything or feel emotions. Every year or so, I go "Oh I should get back into buddhism now" and I do the same cycle where I realize it won't fix me. So I go to the psychiatrist, they give me more pills that cause insomnia and don't cure anything. I've taken around 12+ pills now and none of them worked. So I try to live a normal life, it fails again, & repeat.

What do you do? Like what could anyone do? Therapy doesn't work, pills don't work, religion won't work, is it just over...? At this point I can do electroconvulsive therapy like Hemingway and potentially ruin my memory, but I don't think that's going to work. It's all so screwed man. This has to be one of the worst mental illnesses possible.
>>
>>23312000
not a strict rule then. don't stress so much about it Anon, you will be karmically rewarded for following the rule :P
>>
>>23312444
Don't fucking remind me that 2017 was seven years ago please...
>>
I have never had a oneitis, I think I got redpilled on women to early with the fact I was born in an unstable family, both mom and my aunt divorced their husbands very early on, which led me to avoiding women even though I never really thought of it like that at that time.
>>
>>23312441
You'd post in the thread whether you made it or not, plus, other people are gonna post in the thread too.
>>
File: 61YSeRVzrfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (83 KB, 1500x999)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>23312444
I get anhedonia sometimes. It seems as if the tricky part in life isn't getting what you want but figuring out what it is that you want in the first place. I have some (creative) interests that I pursue here and there but on the whole I can't shake this vague feeling that my soul is in some kind of stasis and I've not really lived life to the fullest. I've made genuine efforts or what seemed like genuine efforts at the time: switching countries, picking up jobs that were really hard for me, pursuing women (and whores), pushing my body physically, etc etc. Yet here I am, a bit anxious, discontent and disoriented by all of it. Feeling like time is passing me by. Wistfully daydreaming of joining a whaling ship for a 3 year contract or something (lol) Daily life is a slog.
>>
What's the point of me trying to gain a skill or do something with my life? I'm probably just gonna give up when it gets too hard or when I see someone in that field doing better than me.
>>
>>23312319
No, Europeans do it too.
What shithole are you from where people don't ask this?
>>
>>23312536
Accept you're a loser who is incapable of putting in the work it takes to do anything worthwhile.
>>
>>23312444
Have you tried ketamine? That's what Elon Musk used for depression I think.
>>
>>23312598
But I don't want to be a loser, I want to be someone who makes big moolah doing a job they enjoy.
>>
>>23312728
If you really wanted it you wouldn't quit before achieving something.
Face it, you like laying on your back more than achieving your goals.
>>
>>23311981
Leftists supporting Palestine is a larger version of Occupy Wall Street, which also had the creepy loud speaker and everyone repeating phrases. They will probably let this go - the outdoor cooking, camp life and fuck action on the green - until it becomes an obvious public health hazard, just like with Occupy.
>>
>>23312811
Advice to all, I would stay the hell away from those protests - the females there are the kind that will fabricate rape stories.
>>
>>23311981
This is your daily reminder that jewish religious holidays almost invariably celebrate the mass murder of gentiles by jews.

I have no idea why a non-jew would 'wish jews well' for Pesach when it celebrates murdering thousands and thousands of his possible European ancestors.
>>
>>23312774
>If you really wanted it you wouldn't quit before achieving something.
I know, I just don't know why I quit so easily, wanting something isn't enough motivation for me.
>>
>>23312842
>I just don't know why I quit so easily
I told you why.
You hate putting in effort, you prefer to lay on your back daydreaming about having the spoils without working for it.
Depending on your age you will see that this is true and if you're lucky you'll try very hard. You won't get to where you want to be but you'll have to do it not to become an absolute loser.
>>
I don't get people who say work help keep their minds off things, work is so boring the only thing I can do to stay sane is think and dwell on shit
>>
Fucking faggot infection in my mouth being a little fucking bitch and harassing me nonstop. Fucking cunt.
>>
I haven't ever had an original thought in my head. Nothing I said, did or tought of hasn't already been done. Don't know how to feel about this. I don't find it discouraging, just weird.
>>
>Get a steering wheel and pedals that I can connect to my computer.
>Get a VR headset.
>Get a VR game that allows me to drive cars with the steering wheel and pedals.
>Practice driving like this before I go for my licence.
Is this a foolproof plan? I want to feel confident in driving before going for my licence.
>>
>>23312898
Why would you spend all your money on that instead of just paying for lessons. It's not like driving is hard either.
>>
>>23312898
Just start with lessons.
The instructor is used to teaching people who don't know anything about driving.
>>
>>23312900
>It's not like driving is hard either.
Ah, but you see, I'm a true retard with terrible confidence issues who freezes up in any tense situation.
>>
>>23312944
There are special instructors for people like you.
My brother had the same thing.
>>
>>23312949
Is it safe to assume that they're more expensive?
>>
>>23312969
Depends.
I think if you're diagnosed with autism or something you can get it for the same price (in Europe).
But otherwise yes I think it will cost more. Less than if you bought VR and all the accessories
>>
>>23312811
'fuck action on the green?' lol, that is a hilarious phrase
>>
Just a tiny misstep, and you are in hell. That's all it takes a slight moment of innattentiveness or deviation from routine.
Hell.
>>
>>23312035
You're just looking for french philosophers writing after Heidegger.
>>
>>23312003
Kafkaesque
>>
It's about to hit 1:00 AM, and I'm gonna hit the hay, I wish I could watch another episode of my show before I go to bed but I want sleep. Goodnight, /wwoym/.
>>
>>23312811
What?
Leftists have been supporting Palestine since before Israel existed.

And I really fail to see the resemblance. Israel has way more influence over our countries than any cabal of random bankers might have.
>>
>>23313088
Goodnight, anon.
>>
I despise the way I look. I’m half Irish and half Italian but I look like an American redneck with Greek-Balkan genes or something.
>>
>>23312593
Eastern europe. No one ask this shit except grandparents.
>>
>>23313144
Maybe they've just given up on the idea of you getting a gf :/
>>
>>23311981
My children are playing out back, in the morning Sonoran sun. They are moving gravel about, saying and smiling little, but both so resolute in their undertakings that barely a cry is heard. One is nearing three, the other nearing one, my wife is sleeping but her turkey bacon and coffee are waiting for her. I have to poop, especially so considering my nearly drunk mug of coffee, but I am quite happy.
>>
Mother has started pestering me about girls and how much she wants me to date one. It's now only a matter of time until she starts thinking that I am gay, since I have never outwardly expressed interest in women, and because of her fucking loud and annoying mouth, goes around to hundreds of people and tells them that I am gay. She has this retarded habit where she overexaggerates little things, misinterprets major information(for example, when my brother told her that he's going to Montenegro, she told me that he's going to Russia), and outright makes shit up when bored. Soon I will be known as a faggot by all sorts of people, the vast majority of whom I have never even met. I am straight, by the way.
>>
>>23313146
They havent but they should.
>>
>>23311981
I'm not going to make excuses for myself, but you wouldn't be the life of the party or a pop-culture connoisseur if you were raised by fifty year old communist curmudgeons, either.
I am a little bit dickish about it so I acknowledge that is a problem. Maybe I flanderized myself because that always gets a shock out of people.
>>
Test
>>
>>23313175
Easy way to get rid of the fag rumours. Or are you really gay?
>>
>>23313199
>you wouldn't be the life of the party or a pop-culture connoisseur if you were raised by fifty year old communist curmudgeons, either.
Which communism? I only ask because everyone I know raised by communists grew up to do a lot of drugs and techno
>>
>>23313175
Anon, the answer is right there. Start insinuating you are seeing girls, go out often. (Just walk around if you dislike talking to people).
She will take the bait.
>>
>>23313235
Yeah fuck that. I'm in a very sensitive point of my life, which is something that I thoroughly explained to my mother long before she started harassing me about girls. I have to minmax study and work, and I intend to migrate somewhere far away when I get the chance. Getting a girlfriend would make all of these significantly harder, and even if I managed to handle them somehow, we would be stuck in a long distance relationship for a good five years or so before I can invite her over to that other country.
>>
>>23313253
If you're leaving anyway I wouldn't even care about it.
>>
>>23313245
Latin American Communism from around the 70s.
My mother isn't actually communist, just vaguely boomer-liberal (south america flavor).
>>
>>23313262
I mostly know Europeans, could just be different drug and music culture
>>
>>23313271
Could be that my parents are very strictly petite-bourguoisie.
>>
>>23313175
>She has this retarded habit where she overexaggerates little things, misinterprets major information(
That's just being a woman
>>
>>23313253
Stupid. Just have a casual girlfriend you go to the park with once a week. It's worth the experience
>>
I kinda derive jouissance from breaking rules by doing the opposite that my parents want from me. Maybe thats why I ended up alcoholic wizard lol.
>>
>>23313317
French philosophy is so fucking retarded
>>
>>23313245
>everyone I know raised by communists grew up to do a lot of drugs and techno
lel that's hilariously accurate
>>
>>23312813
Going to a leftists protest is retarded in all cases regardless of the psycho women
>>
>>23313323
Just a one word.
>>
>>23313275
They just never matured to the ideal form of a person who was a communist revolutionary in youth: the middle aged landlord.
>>
>>23312444
>>23312484
Anhedonia is a term invented by the status quo to deny the existence of enjoyment out its rules and boundaries
>>
>>23313199
>>23313245
>>23313262
>>23313271

I know plenty of leftist with more traditional and conservative upbringing/lifestyle/values. In fact being a leftist/commie in my part of the world meant being more traditional rather than more progressive and western minded.
The drugs and techno crowd are the punks, which are themselves a subculture of the secular and non-religious crowd.
>>
>>23313199
Your peoples identities depend way too much on your parents.
>>
>>23313326
Nah, protests are a good thing. I don't attend them because I don't believe that's where I can make a difference, but they are an essential part of the pressure needed to nourish positive change.
>>
>>23313344
Maybe because some of us actually love our parents and don't go through 15 years of rebelling against everything our parents stand for.
>>
File: IMG_0926.jpg (351 KB, 1600x1600)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
It actually blows me away how comfy The Hobbit and the The Fellowship of the Ring are. Tolkien just got it. He just knew exactly what to write somehow.
>>
Got my methadone dose bumped up again -- feeling reeeeeeeeaaaal goooood :)
>>
>>23313358

Never got the hype. I tried many times to get into it, but I find it all a bit too boring.
ASOIAF on the other hand, I couldn't get enough of it. I love the mystery and intrigue. The politics and the chapters from the various viewpoints.
>>
>>23313366
Did you read The Hobbit or The Fellowship? To be fair, The Hobbit is obviously a children’s book while The Fellowship is more like YA or just fantasy in general rather than children’s fiction. If you read The Fellowship, do you not at least find the early chapters in The Shire to be very comfy and appealing? Out of curiosity, are you a Westerner? I actually hated ASoIaF.
>>
I seem to be going out with this pretty good looking girl but there's just no seduction and intimacy with her. I do find her attractive but it seems that she's afraid of intimacy and caresses and hugs or some shit, I dunno, I have mixed feelings about it. Other than that the dates are going good.
>>
>>23313370
I love the world building and the characters. It the plot that I find a bit too plain.
>>
>>23313344
Tbh it's more that my parents curtailed my consumption of popular culture which affected my social development.
My brothers were the lords and masters of the TV until very late in my life, and by then I could use a computer.
>>
>>23313379
That’s fair, but the beauty of Tolkien’s novels is in the world and the setting the vibe the mythic proportions these things. His books are escapist and immersive almost in the way that like Skyrim is escapist and immersive or something. They’re the only novels which achieve that imo. The plot is good, but a bit juvenile and simple for modern audiences.
>>
>>23313371
I know what you mean. Like she's great to hang out with, but she never shows any affection towards you, right?

I hate that situation because you never know if:
1. she's prudish or traditional and wants to delay physical intimacy
2. she's some kind of asexual who doesn't get much out of physical intimacy
3. she's actually not physically attracted to you but she enjoys your company.

You can force her to give you a clearer sign by initiating intimacy yourself, but then if she falls in category 1. she might be put off by that.
>>
Sometimes I worry that if I ever want to be successful, I would struggle to accustom to the pace and intensity of work since I’ve basically never had to work a hard job before in my life. I’ve somehow only had very easy jobs.
>>
>>23313388
My problem is more that I instinctively avoid such escapist fantasies. I guess, it's my attitude that needs changing.
>>
If one could depend on a monarchic line to continually produce great leaders who embody the principles of their country and who citizens could look to as a figure of inspiration, it would work out pretty well. Unfortunately most monarchic lines produce fairly average people who aren't very different from normalfags at best or who end up engaging in degenerate nonsense and/or fucking the country over at worst.
Look at something like the coronation ceremony for the British monarch. Having your leader solemnly swear to God Himself that they will do everything in their power to lead their country well should be an inspiring thing, a symbol one can look to. But when you have a goofy mf like Charles sitting on the coronation chair the whole thing just kinda deflates.
>>
>>23313398

Monarchy was a self-serving system which the tyrants who held the monopoly on violence imposed on their serfs. Nothing more. Any philosophizing about this and that is just justification for the fact that Papa tyrant wants his baby tyrant to rule after him.
>>
Playing out the conversation of and saying aloud to myself:

"Based."
"Based on what?"

like I saw in a pic of a comment section once makes me chuckle to myself most times, idk why I find it so funny.
>>
>>23313394
I think that particular sort of escapism is the prime purpose of fiction.
>>
I hate being European.
I remember since I was little I wished I was American and I still do. That wish never really went away.
America is just better in pretty much every aspect of life, except one: it's more violent.
But I think I could deal with that.
>>
>>23313430
Why?
>>
>>23313430
I’m American. I love Europe. I want to spend 3-12 months in England. Europeans can interstate into America quite easily. Pretty much anyone can be a full-blooded American within a decade.
>>
>>23313436
Not him but the entire high school situation just looked so awesome.
All the sub-cultures of kids. In Europe it's quite different. No real music clubs or sports teams just for schools.
American high school sounds awesome to me.
>>
>>23313436
Not him but
America is a land of extremes. It brings out the best and worst in people. Europe is very stable but it's not a great environment to foster talent anymore. There are various pressures that uplift the common man but hold back people trying to do anything more. America is like a real-life sandbox MMO where you can accomplish anything & the only barrier is yourself.

That's my view.
>>
>>23313436

1. No freedom of speech. Cannot own any means of self-defense.

2. Economy has been deteriorating for 20 years without any signs of hope.

3. Europe is old. Some countries have half the population older than 65. You are basically working for all these old fucks, who pay you back, by holding the country in the past in all facets of life. It's to a large extent their fault that the economy is so shit.

4. EU unity is a lie. It's nothing like the US. It's a bunch of insular cultures and the moment you cross the border you're a foreigner.

5. The rich in Europe are way more elitist and guard their money making schemes much more than the ones in the US. This is another reason that Europe's economy is so shit.

6. It's a shit life. You have to live in a cramped apartment. You get a miserable salary, pay half to the taxman, and of the remaining another half to the landlord. You spend your whole life doing some outdated work that the Americans and Chinese have already supplemented with superior technology. And what for? You cannot even find a decent girl anymore, who isn't very "experienced". It's all shit.

I know that America isn't perfect, but at least I could improve some aspects of my life, if not all of them.
>>
>>23313458
>All the sub-cultures of kids
Mostly a movie thing. I will grant you the sports stuff though
>>
>>23313473
Europe is a lot like a museum, and a museum that is increasingly policed by a shrill and shrieking female museum director while Arabs and Africans crowd the halls.
>>
>>23313458
You are much better off in Europe anon. None of that stuff happens in America
>>
>>23313473
Your view sucks. We cant do anything. Quality of life is terrible here
>>23313474
You're just wrong
>>
>>23313481
Euros are getting a lot of the bullshit associated with the current world without the benefits of being in america. Sure euros have a higher universal standard of living, but if you have a modicum of brains in America you can easily earn more $$$ and find more success than you would in the old world.

If you have the smallest amount of ambition, EU looks like a frustrating place to live
>>
>>23313389
yeah bro, you hit the nail on the head.
She also mentioned that she finished a pretty unpleasant relationship not long ago so it might be that as well
>>
I'm so alone
I just want a girlfriend so bad
I just want someone to hold me. Iw ant someone to love me.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Why am I so bad
>>
>>23313480
>>23313486
You don't have the Jocks, the nerds, the glee club etc?
In Europe you just go to school and leave whenever class is over. No extra school activities. No prom or spring break.
>>
>>23313506
Anon America is pure hell. You need a car to live. You're bossed round by boomers. All the girls are fucked up. You're a damn fool.
>>
It's not even safe anymore. Europe has an organized crime problem, and by Europe I don't mean Italy or Greece. I mean Sweden, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands,... you know the countries were the rule of law is supposed to be strong.

Organized crime families have infiltrated so deep that they have politicians in their pockets, even. The problem is festering and all these clueless new blood politicians of today have NO CLUE what to do. Especially not with the current courts that have a policy of trying to keep people on the streets rather than in prison. That works for the one off thief, but it won't work for the gang members.

We already have shootouts, grenades and car bombs happening in otherwise normal neighborhoods. Won't be long before we get even more violence on our streets.
>>
>>23313514
And yet its still better than america
>>
>>23313505
so bad?
>>
>>23313498
>She also mentioned that she finished a pretty unpleasant relationship not long ago so it might be that as well

OUCH. Dude, I was there in the exact same situation. In my case it was her using me as some sort of emotional teddy bear. She kept comparing me to her ex and basically never gave me a real chance cause I wasn't matching her expectations set by her ex.
In retrospect I should not have let myself be used like that.
>>
>>23313512
The women are shit, I grant you that.
Being bossed around by boomers is worse in Europe.
I think you don't appreciate what you DO have. It's sad.
>>
>>23313516
How?
>>
>>23313506
Ignore them, we do have that stuff.
I was in orchestra during high school and played the viola. Most nerds are in the band though & a huge portion of people's fond memories from school come from band. I also did an "academic bowl" thing which was like academic jeopardy. Once a month we got into the teacher's car and went out to tournaments at high schools, though we never won.

It was really fun honestly. Best part of school. There aren't clear cut "nerds" and "jocks" like an 80s movie but friend groups definitely form around the activities
>>
>>23313521
Fuck off. You realize I'm a prisoner in my own residence right? America is a shithole. You can't go out. You can't do anything. The boomers here re much worse. Stop pretending you have it bad. America is SHIT.
>>
>>23313519
I see, I think I'll give her another date and if nothing romantic happens I think I'll just finish our meetings in a quiet and calm way.
>>
>>23313521
He's just a depressed loser projecting. America really is great
>>
I would gladly trade my American citizenship to live somewhere else. Being raised here ruined me.
>>
>>23313512
>You need a car to live.
That is true of a lot of Europe as well. Where I am currently you would not be able to commute by public transport. It would increase your commute by hours.

>You're bossed round by boomers.
That's even more true of Europe.

>All the girls are fucked up.
But at least in America you have some subcultures that are more decent. Like you can actually find some religious girls that are actually religious.
In Europe we only have sluts with different flavours.
>>
>>23313534
Nah you're wrong. Death to America. Stop pretending.
>>
>>23313526
I think you're just a loser who would fail in any society. Sucks to suck!

>>23313524
See that's what I was thinking. I also heard of people doing Model UN which sounds right up my alley
>>
>>23313524
In Europe you have to be middle class (in the true sense) to have parents who will take you to after school music lessons. It's not accessible to everyone.
>>
>>23313539
Anon i just want to be able to leave my home and live a real life. I wish I could have had a chance to live a nice life where I don't have to constantly stress both stupid stuff. You don't understand the minutia of American life.
>>
>>23313514
Idk anon, i've been through two heroin waves, and the bombings just aren't the same as the first one. Even the terrorists are kind of lame
>>
>>23313521
It is worse in Europe, but the tempo isn’t so high. This is something that’s hard to get across until you’ve experienced both. There expectations and intensity in America is often higher, at least in urban areas and competitive industries. Economic life in Europe is a bit less intense.

Anon is also sort of right that you need a car. America is a mix of large cities, some of which don’t require a car but which are basically prowled by blacks that commit crime at rates that would make European rape gang blush, and highway sprawl. We don’t even actually have a countryside like in Europe. It’s large, industrialized, corporate farms as far as the eye can see. Europe at least still has village life to a great degree. There are pros and cons to each. Europe can be quite nice but it does often feel like it’s just sort of dead and stale and there’s nothing to do. If I were European and heading to America, I’d be going to New York or one of the tech hubs to try to make my wealth, and then I’d be buying a big patch of land out West if I made it or else going back home to Europe and finding a nice townhouse in some village somewhere. If you don’t make it, oh well, at least you tried.
>>
>>23313544
Dude, when a European says he wants to live in America, he doesn't mean he wants to move into your crack addicted hood of a neighborhood.
>>
>>23313539
Model UN was fucking great. I did SUSMUN which was in Atlanta. Went to this gorgeous hotel, my crush was there, everyone dressed up in suits, grueling 8-hour session but the debates were really enjoyable. One of a kind experience
>>
>>23313557
Everywhere in America is like this. You have to own a car.
>>
>>23313506
Sort of, all the clubs still exist and so do the sub-cultures but the segregation between them has been eroded in the 21st century. There’s a lot of overlap between these social groups now, and then in college it’s the same with Greek life, athletes, and everyone else.
>>
I wish I could trade American citizenship for a Japanese one. Its unreal how good they have it.
>>
>>23313543
You don't need lessons for that in the US. Just rent your own instrument for the semester, it's super cheap and you're good.
>>23313564
Can't imagine anything has changed. Nerds still do the nerd activities, etc. There was never segregation
>>
>>23313551
Yeah I was only using high school as a reason why I'd prefer the U.S.
For the rest I prefer Europe. It's absolutely true that Europe is not as fast as the U.S. I love the more relaxed pace of it and the sleepy towns we have plenty of.
U.S sounds fun for a vacation or whatever but not to work in. But I was under the impression that the U.S has plenty of actual nature. In Europe a lot of it is build full, but in America aren't there huge parts of a state that is basically uninhabited (think an Oregon or Montana)
>>
>>23313563
What is your issue with driving?
I fucking hate busses and love cars.
>>
>>23313563
No, it’s not. People live in walkable towns and cities on the East Coast and the rich people out West ride around their ranches and go dirt biking in the dunes. America allows for so much more vital life and open movement than Europe it’s insane.
>>
>>23313559
This hits the spot for me. European school just sucks so hard compared to that.
>>
>>23313569
Not formal segregation, but I mean the groups mingle with each other more than they used to. Jocks play games with nerds and nerds go to parties where the popular girls are.
>>
>>23313568
It is a top tier passport, but the bureaucracy of everything else is hard.
>>
>>23313568
This is funny because japanese people always wonder why the hell people want to move there.

All this "muh countryyyyy" stuff is honestly cope. I hope you guys posting this stuff are young because you really should grow out of it. Where you are really doesn't matter unless you're in Haiti or some shit
>>
>>23313570
The thing about working in the U.S. is that the are more opportunities to be really successful or really cushy than in Europe. My first job after college paid me 6 figures and my second job paid me to do basically nothing but hang out and home and write sometimes. You don’t find gigs like that in Europe, and of course, if you want to start a business or be a big property owner, own a vineyard or a farm, or anything big and ambitious like that, America is far more amenable.
>>
>>23313572
I don't want to do that. I want a real walkable place. We don't have that
>>
>>23313571
Driving is closer to death than walking is. The real problem is that you can only drive.
>>
>>23313583
>Where you are really doesn't matter unless you're in Haiti or some shit

This is such horseshit.
Imagine growing up in Iceland, for example.
That's a drastic example but if you tell me it doesn't matter I'm gonna slap you.
>>
>>23313586
I wanted to start a business in America but learned it was not possible. Its no good here
>>
>>23313583
It’s modern sentiments. People will sacrifice freedom and ambition for comfort quite happily. All of these places where they have it good people also live very settled, inert, passive lives where not a lot is possible. Americans resisted that for a long time but this new generation is settling into it since their parents betrayed it. The great generation was wild compared to their European counterparts, but Zoomers are just as settled homebodies as their European counterparts.
>>
>>23313582
>>23313583
I just think Japan is a better place to live.
>>
>>23313598
Doubt it. There’s basically no business that’s no good in America, save for stuff related to local geography elsewhere really and I guess maybe otaku stuff.
>>
>>23313586
Yeah that is the attraction for me.
In Europe you feel like a serf.
Sure at first you are glad that you are granted a largely tax funded education.

But then you realize your lot in life is mostly already decided for you. You can choose your employer but not the position that you will occupy within society. You will be an employee, a non-managerial one (cause the management jobs go to the connected richer folk) and you will earn this much and 3/4s of it will go to the government and landlord.
>>
>>23313599
Well I can't go out anywhere anon. All the places are gone. And I need a car. If I have to be forced into a passive life I'd rather do it in a place where tha passive life is actually comfortable and nice. Not my fault I became a homebody. America gave me no other choice
>>
>>23313607
I'd rather have that then the awful tax system America has.
If America wants me to pay taxes they should come and get them
Or they should have taught me how to do it in school.
>>
>>23313592
>The real problem is that you can only drive.
Would it be OK if you had the option to take a bus that takes 2 hours to do a 20 minute drive instead?
>>
>>23313607
Can a serf get 30 free vacation days a year?
Year long maternity leave (6 months for a man)?
Europe has perks, the average life is better, no competition.
>>
>>23313614
How about a 20 minute walk?
>>
>>23313608
If you have some money, you could rent a vehicle and move somewhere you will no longer need one.
>>
>>23313614
I lived in the netherlands and had to take 1 bus and 2 subways to get to school/work.
The second I bought a car I never ever ever ever wanted to go back.
So far for the public transport whiny babies. It sucks, it really does.
>>
>>23313599
Freedom and ambition are meaningless. I don't care about money at all. Money can't buy me anything I want.
>>
>>23313614
No, you should be able to walk if you live in an urban center.
>>
>>23313618
You are not rich enough to afford European housing that is only a 20 minute walk from wherever you want to go.
>>
>>23313620
Such as?
>>
walking is based. i live in america outside of a city and somewhat in the suburbs but we got a light rail at the local mall that goes into the city and all of the surrounding metro and towns, as well as a great bus system.
>>
>>23313629
In America the people rich enough to live in an urban downtown city still need a car
>>
>>23313625
Meaningless for people who don’t value freedom and have no ambition, sure. It’s not even about money, but nowhere will money buy you a better life more than Europe. In Europe, only the rich people get to live free and ambitious lives while everyone else is restricted to whittling away what time they have on earth working meaningless jobs they never wanted and hanging out in some piazza, if they even have one.
>>
File: 1684452090896569.png (425 KB, 646x937)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
>>23313602
Yeah but like... why? Japan is incredibly safe, I will grant you that. As for the rest, I think you're being silly. Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eFgRxfTZPI

It's a massive concrete jungle, no real nature, constant noises & shop jingles everywhere. Food is cheap and good but overrated. People are well-dressed and stylish but cold and detached, impossible to make friends with japs really. Easy to acquire weeb goods with no shipping I suppose. Salaries are low, living spaces are cramped. Difficult to acquire residence or a license.

What's the appeal? Why would you wanna live here so much?
>>
>>23313637
I don't really care to be honest. I don't know what those words mean. The same people who harp on about freedom and ambition have their highest ambition to fuck off from the society they fellate. They buy disgusting greasy food and get fat.
Yeah maybe less ambition and freedom is what we need.
>>
>>23313631
I live in Philadelphia and only walk. So Philadelphia, but there are probably 5 or 6 towns connected to Philadelphia by metro which you can walk. They’re not that cheap, but they exist. Every major city in the Northeast is like this. The only one I’d say is cheap though is Pittsburgh. Philadelphia isn’t expensive. It’s just not cheap.
>>
>>23313642
>I live in Philadelphia

My condolences.
>>
>>23313638
Because I live in a concrete jungle in America but I can't walk anywhere and the crime is insane and all the food in America is pure poison and the culture here is terrible. I don't care about weeb stuff at all. I don't think much of American nature. All my local nature is artificial. We have zero countryside. Your only choice for nature is to larp in national parks.
>>
Anon's point about feeling like a serf makes sense.

Yeah Europe is not so bad. But it's not what it was 30 years ago either. The point is your QoL is basically out of your hands there, and right now it's a ship sinking very slowly. A death by 1000 cuts. Even if it's still good now you can see the writing on the wall.
>>
>>23313648
>We have zero countryside
LOL

Alright he's actually delusional.
>>
>>23313642
Well yeah you're in the north east. You're a tiny minority of cities. I envy you. I'd love to live there. The north east is the only decent part of the country
>>
>>23313648
Why don't you move to another city/state?
>>
>>23313657
Move out here by me next to Portland.
>>
>>23313656
We don't though. Where's the rural country side of America? I lived rural in America. Evrrything was flattened for farms. The people were obese and never went outside. And there's a wal mart down the road which was the only store
Is that the enviable rural life 4channers want?
>>
>>23313641
I think you’re just being a bit bratty now. The people with ambition aren’t the ones eating 4x per week at McDonald’s. I mean, if you have any ambition to be a celebrated writer, a renowned politician, a titan of industry, a cited professor, an accomplished professional of any sort, the owner of a large estate, a technological innovator, basically any real deed, all of these are far more possible in America than elsewhere. If you don’t want those things, that’s fine. But you can’t say it’s a waste and if highways and fast food and nothing but. There are opportunities for the small few who look for them. And look, if you want to join the elite of Europe, what better way to do it than by making your wealth in America? I personally know an America who sold his business to retire in France, where he purchased a large manor house and hangs out with the European cultural elite of his generation. Not a life for everyone, but a life that’s possible for almost no upstarts from anywhere other than America.
>>
>>23313658
>>23313659
Because moving is so draconian. I'd love to run away from home.
I can't move somewhere without proof of income and I can't have proof of income if I don't know what the area is like and have no connections for a job.
>>
>>23313647
Idk why people think Philadelphia is so terrible. It must be the videos of Kensington on YouTube. But this place is the size of Paris and that place is like single city block.

>>23313657
So why can’t you move to the Nottheast? By the way, the West has plenty of cities which aren’t so walkable but which are very bikeable.
>>
>>23313672
I don't see the point when life here is such misery. Whats the point in retiring to somewhere nice if all of your youth the best years of your life were spent somewhere terrible
And retiring isn't all its cracked up to be..
>>
>wtf why did no one give me a bugatti and 20 acres of farmland and a personal chef and 2 girls sucking my dick
>fuck america ugh this country is so shit
>>
>>23313681
I don't want any of those things.
>>
File: IMG_0291.jpg (577 KB, 2048x1170)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
>>23313648
> that zero countryside you always hear about
>>
>>23313673

It's funny because this exact scenario is exactly what I am experiencing right now in Europe.
>>
>>23313681
tru tho
>>
>>23313685
Thats not where you actually live though in America. And you need a car...sucks.
>>
>>23313685
it is funny as fuck he's idolizing japan when rural nippon actually is 90% rice fields or impassable mountains while so much of america is actual nature
>>
>>23313680
how do you imagine your youth in Europe being better?
>>
File: IMG_0295.jpg (857 KB, 2075x1170)
857 KB
857 KB JPG
>>23313656
No, most of the country is industrial corporate farms. The original colonies have countryside but basically nowhere else does.

>>23313663
> Where's the rural country side of America?
New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, etc.
>>
>>23313678
>Idk why people think Philadelphia is so terrible.

I grew up in Bucks county. Maybe Philly has improved since then, but I never had the desire to spend any more time in Philly than was absolutely necessary.

The older I get, the less patience I have for big cities.
>>
>>23313693
My old house is in the picture anon…

You don’t really need a car. It helps but it’s not needed. I actually lived there without one for a few years. I biked everywhere.
>>
>>23313615
serfs had somehwere around 100 feast days and holidays per year
>>
>>23313695
My colleague spent 6 years in the US and according to him, working 60 hours in the US was more enjoyable than working 35 hours in Europe.
The work was more meaningful, the people more motivated, the reward was greater and he felt like he achieved much more to improve his life while he was there.
>>
>>23313702
I'm 300 pounds... I'm not biking anywhere. I need public transport.
>>
>>23313701
It hasn’t but you should know well then that Montgo County and Chester County are very nice and the nice pockets in Philly like Fairmount and Rittenhouse and are really nice as well. Bucks is my least favorite among Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware actually although New Jersey is the worst. Bucks is the only one I never lived in.
>>
>>23313695
The mountains is the nature for me.
Rural life on Japan is better than rural life in America. Like I said. I lived rural. Its o spread out and depressing to live there.
Unlike many people. I have the cash to purchase a home outright. I can buy a gold house in a major American city right now. And I could own acres upon acres of rural land.
I don't do that though because nowhere in America is a compelling place to live. Its so depressing to me. I just don't like the culture or the people here. It's just not for me. You people are trying to bring objective arguments into something subjective. I simply do not like it here. I m aware of all of Japan's faults. But I think the trade off is worth it.
>>
>>23313706
I don't believe you.
>>
>>23313709
If you’re 300 lbs you desperately need to start biking ASAP. Better yet, start walking. Walk here. Walk there. Walk anywhere. A train or a bus would be a great disservice to you.
>>
>>23313702
Well thats just not the life I saw. The rural places I checked out looked like places to die.
>>
>>23313713
If it's subjective then why are you trying to argue that american life is bad?
>>
>>23313707
> work was more meaningful
Your friend sounds full of shit tbqh
The rest was believable but more meaningful? lol ok
>>
>>23313724
I'm not looking to lose weight at the moment.
>>
>>23313718
NTA and not exactly what you guys are talking about but still highly relevant, peep when you got a lil bit of time: https://youtu.be/hvk_XylEmLo?si=I5RZOTKLSkxXLVnE
>>
>>23313724
You can't think thats a serious post
>>
>>23313726
Because it is bad for me.
>>
>>23313718
go look at an ecumenical calendar then, every "feast of st. so and so: was in fact observed and no work performed due to being sincerely and deeply religious
>>
>>23313738
You spent the whole thread whining about how inhospitable america is only to turn around and say "just for me though" lol
>>
>>23313725
There are tons of rural places with walkable downtowns in the exurbs of major U.S. cities in the Northeast. They’re just very expensive.
>>
>>23313740
Well yeah. Are you one of those types who needs everything prefaced with IMO?
>>23313742
I don't think the walkability compares. It only walkable relative to America.
>>
Americans are better people.
Europeans are insular as fuck.

In Europe if you grow up in place where you don't fit in, you're basically a social orphan for the rest of your life. It's very hard to move and gain a new social circle. People are just too insular for that. If you are more extroverted you will end up hanging out with the more open minded crowds, but you will still find it hard to form deeper connections.

Americans don't appreciate how awesome it is that they are so casual about meeting new people and immediately giving them an chance to join in the social life.
>>
>>23313751
Damn, sounds incredibly depressing. No wonder y'all are always writing and talking about ennui.

t. American
>>
>>23313751
I'm American and I find it impossible to meet anyone. Nobody socializes here
>>
>>23313757
cause you stinky
>>
just watched Late Night with the devil
>>
>>23313751
I'm so lonely in America. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I graduated college and suddenly all social life ended. I've never had a girlfriend. Nobody wants to do anything. I just don't get it.
>>
>>23313757
You can walk up to most American men and start a conversation in the right setting. If you're even marginally attractive most women will at least humor a conversation if you're okay with being a bit of a clown until you can dig your way out of that hole.

t. American spent most of 19 and 20 in a large city where I didn't know anyone. Went to shows and bars, got blasted, chatted up strangers smoking outside. Made friends.
>>
>>23313774
Well I've spent the past 6 years of my life in a city and I can't meet anyone. People are just ruthless and cold here.i don't know what to do. I'm so alone man. I really want a girlfriend. Nobody has ever cared about me.
>>
>>23313757
Read or write or use a laptop at the local coffee shop, even if just a Starbucks, and either someone will approach you or you'll find a welcoming opportunity to approach someone yourself. Happens to me, girls often come up and ask what I'm doing, want to discuss what I'm reading, then talk about what they're doing, and so on.
>>
>>23313766
Dude I called the twist like a mile away. Maybe because I'm pilled. But the movie in general left a lot on the table. The majority of the movie is set up for a like, five minute payoff with no scares.
>>
>>23313780
This has never happened to me. People take other people for granted here. Nobody has ever spoken to me at any bar or Starbucks.
>>
Three days ago, I started learning Chinese for no reason whatsoever. Right now I'm going through Bopomofo, 200 common IT words, all the classifiers(180 in total), and a deck of 7500 normal words. I go through 40 new words of the latter everyday, and the rest are almost entirely finished. I already know Japanese, and so most of the stuff so far has been very easy, the only problem being memorizing the pronounciation of all the characters. Oh, and Bopomofo too I guess. I don't actually need to learn it, and just writing pinyin and then converting to the characters themselves is not only what I'm already used to with Japanese but also just simpler in general, but I thought It'd be fun to learn it. It's "just" a new alphabet, so it's not that hard anyway. I think in another three days or so I'll be able to utilize it a lot better, and after that it'll mostly just be me gradually raising my writing speed.
I've been watching anime with Traditional Chinese subs to get used to the language, it's fun to see the ways that it differs from Japanese, both in general and the characters in specific. I can already catch some sentences here and there, not with a "Japanese understanding" like it was the case up until now, but some fresh, new "Chinese understanding" that while still only being a tiny seed, is rapidly growing. If I can keep up my 40 cards a day, and get an adequate amount of interesting material to go through, I should probably get quite decent at it within two months. Yesterday I looked through the list of most commonly accessed sites for Taiwan, and found a BBS that has some channels in it for the discussion of gacha, games, and some other stuff. Does anybody here happen to know of any such similar sites? Also about bilibili, I've heard that as a foreigner you are required to upload pictures of your ID, front and back, to register to the site. Are there any ways to dodge this, or to acquire a phone number from the mainland, so that I can circumvent this?
>>
How pathetic is it if I can't get over a shitpost I made years ago
I can't forget about it even though it was fucking retarded because it's the only time I received criticism or feedback for something over the Internet.
>>
>>23313780
You must be attractive as fuck if girls approach you.
>>
>>23313781
I really enjoyed it
>>
>>23313642
You know as much as flyovers like to shit on California, we have it so much better here than you do in the Rust Belt.
>>
>>23313748
Idk how it could not compare. You could literally walk to anywhere you’d want to go.
>>
>>23313786
Damn, sorry to hear that then, anon :/

I'm pretty attractive which is a cheat code for meeting people, so there really isn't much advice I can actually offer in terms of specific steps beyond unhelpful generalities like 'put yourself out there.' I don't know, man, it's tough out there. Maybe there are facebook groups for social interests and hobbies you can look into, maybe.
>>
>>23313786
Have you tried reading a based book like Hegel?
>>
>>23313751
It’s not easy to meet people or make deep connections in America either…
>>
>>23313634
I live in a nice suburb of Los Angeles. Great walking, got the mountains right near by, the desert is less than two hours away. I get cool little mini cities to hang out in and if I ever feel like a real urban experience I can easily get into downtown or the beach.
>>
>>23313780
> just exist in public and women will chat you up
> t. very attractive man
>>
>>23313803
Thats not the rust belt...
>>
>>23313803
California is the worst example of shitty sprawl in this entire country. Californians do not have it good at all.
>>
>>23313797
Even back when I was homeless staring at my phone while in a Starbucks waiting for my mom's text to see if she could order me a bagel so I could eat, I had girls sit next to me and initiate conversation while I was on my laptop lol.

>>23313816
I'll admit, it's not a universal experience. A smile and a 'hey' goes a long way if they don't say anything first.
>>
>>23313807
I'm attractive too. People are just closed off here. I can't find any groups to join or anything either. I thought it'd be fun to do boxing or baseball. But...nope. everything here is so weird. I hate this place.
>>
>>23313814
> suburbs of LA
> walkable
> more walkable than Philadelphia
Ok lol you can stop now. It was a funny joke.
>>
>>23313778
Do you have any interests? Music you like? Go to events or shows.

Are you able to act normal and just be a good hang? Chat and joke with a stranger? Literally just go to a bar and chat people up at the bar. It's the most normal thing in the world. The people at the tables are there with their friends. The people at the bar are usually open to convo with strangers.

Go to a local bar with a pool table. Start playing pool there. You'll get to know the bros. Hopefully there's a good mix of young dudes and old timers. I have pool friends at a few bars around town from doing this. Eventually during casual conversation with any one of these routes, some point of external shared interest will arise, some fucking movie you wanna see or something you both wanna do, at which point you say, "Lets go this week."

Once you hang with someone outside of the context in which you originally met them, they're now a friend. OR once you've gained a number of acquaintances, throw a small party. Shotgun approach.

This is a gay and overexplained way of this: Just go somewhere you already wanna go and talk to people there. It's that easy, brother.
>>
>>23313713
America is a massive country. Saying "I lived rural" in Pennsylvania is completely different than rural in Alabama which is completely different than rural in Northern Californian which is completely different than rural in southern California, so on and so forth. You've probably just spent your entire life east of the Mississippi. So much of the western United States is more than just flat farmland.
>>
Is Philliethat nice? I only know about Kensington
How does it compare to Pittsburg
>>
What should someone do if they figured out what they should do with their life but to this point did only what you should never do in order to do that thing that they should now do with their life? This task feels enormous. It’s like transforming a NEET into Elon Musk.
>>
>>23313803
California is a natural paradise on earth that has been transformed into an unlivable failed state. An absolute fucking tragedy.
>>
>>23313835
That is quite the question.
>>
>>23313713
The Rocky Mountains run from Mexico to Canada. The Sierra Nevada run the whole way of California. Travel more.
>>
>>23313826
Ah, damn, I've had times in my life like that. If only you lived by Portland, OR I'd be open to hanging out and we could try and establish a new social circle and extended network together, haha.
>>
>>23313807
I became handsome in high school, and meeting people changed so much. It's like everyone is just default nice to you and treats you like a bro. Its honestly weird sometimes
>>
>>23313830
I struggle to have interests. I don't listen to music. I don't know how to find events.

No I can't act normal. Im not a 4chan terminally online internet guy but i can't be normal either or some kind of endearing need. I don't drink or do any drugs either. I go to bars but I just get asked to leave.

None of my local bars had pool tables.

I am not a shut in by the way. I spend hours outside everyday. I often live without any internet connection at all. I am open to new things and am always trying stuff out. I go to places where people are. But I just can't find anyone
I can't meet people.
I don't think I can ever have friends or a girlfriend.
>>
>>23313828
Yes, I take walks around my suburb. It is nice to stroll around here. I drive into town. Dumb flyover.
>>
>>23313822
>t. Not Californian
>>
>>23313851
Yup, you get it. I've also had times in my life where I was 'ugly-fied' either as a result of awful hair when I was younger or drug addiction in my adult years, so I've experienced both sides of the divide, and it really is night-and-day.
>>
>>23313860
Same. The self-confidence issues run deep. People ask me to smoke weed with them or hang out and play guitar and there's a part of the brain that always goes, what the fuck am I doing here, is this a trick, fuck they see right through me etc.
>>
>in college
>join clubs or make friends in class
>get outed as an autist
>get treated with the retard kid gloves
>drop contact with them because its unbearable
>repeat

I hate life.
>>
>>23313854
>I go to bars but I just get asked to leave.
what are you doing at these bars?
>>
>>23313873
>get outed as an autist
>>
I misused the word "construction" once and got laughed at.
>>
If only talking to girls was as easy as talking to old men at a bar
>>
>>23313874
Order the cheapest nonalcoholic drink and just sit there
>>
>>23313884
You might have to order something alcoholic, Anon
>>
>>23313883
both are hard
>>
>>23313876
I don't do autistic things. I'm not sperging out or being pedantic. I'm not talking about pokemon or some shit. I'm just naturally quiet and monotone. When asked I have off the wall ideas. In any actual autism tested I've done its always been negative.

Its so frustrating to be diagnosed and treated like an invalid by the people around me just because I'm maybe a few degrees off of normal. When I'm around old people it's fine because they aren't conditioned to constantly be diagnosing mental issues with everyone around them .
>>
Hey. Hello. Howdy.
>>
>>23313887
Well I don't drink like I said. Its a hard line for me.
>>
>>23313894
Then you should probably try hanging out at places that aren't for the express purpose of consuming alcholic beverages
>>
>>23313893
Sup sup!
>>
I'm getting kind of sick of steel armor being depicted as useless in fantasy stories. It gets to a point where the characters look stupid for even wearing armor.
>>
>>23313901
Like what? People told me to go to bars if I'm lonely. Don't treat me so badly man.
>>
Wow, didn't realize so many people wanted to move somewhere else.
As someone who has lived in Europe and America (plus some time in Worst Korea), I've found that my problems come from myself rather than where I live. I was lonely in the states and I was lonely in Germany. I worked shitty menial jobs in the midwest and I worked shitty menial jobs in Poland. Having lots of natural beauty to see in America is nice, and having lots of cultural monuments and scenic places in Europe was also nice, but neither can solve the things that ail me most, like the exhausting atomized inhuman meat grinder of modern dating or the fact that I'll likely never be able to afford property of my own.
I think it's worth visiting one if you live in the other, but I wouldn't expect either to solve personal issues or fix your life.
>>
>>23313930
You're fine. I have friends who when they go to bars just order coffee. You really get asked to leave? That's wild.
>>
>>23313934
I just don't care about owning property
I desperately want to leave America.
>>
>>23313854
>>23313884
if you are open to new things and trying stuff out then try out having interests, listening to music, and acting normal.

>look up local small venues
>look at their upcoming shows
>look up artists on the bill
>listen to them
>if you like them, buy tickets
>act normal

Talk to literally one person. it can be as simple as this
>Which band are you here for?
Oh I'm here for Stuffed Goose.
>Cool do you know someone in the band? I've never heard them before.
Yeah, the bass player is a friend of mine we used to be roommates. You?
>Oh I'm just here for Dogbreath. I just heard their music recently and saw they were playing so decided to come check it out.

That's all it needs to be. Just go to a place and talk to someone and try to have a good time. This is essentially how I created my social circle. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>23313934
>I've found that my problems come from myself rather than where I live.
This is basically the universal problem. Everyone thinks that if they could just get someplace else all their problems would disappear. The grass is always greener on the otherside kind of mentality. The problems are just about universally within
>>
>>23313335
I'm not sure what you mean. Elaborate?
>>
>>23313943
I can't really have interests. I can't listen to music anymore. Just doesn't feel right. I can't act normal. I don't know how to look up venues. I don't know where to find tht information.
I don't know how to talk like you said. My brain goes blank. Most of the time I'm not thinking at all. I don't know how to say things to people.
I've been to a music show before but it made my ears hurt so I just left and walked around at night in the cold.
>>
>>23313946
Everyone's heard these platitudes man. Its bullshit. People move to other countries for a better life constantly. It's why america even exists
>>
>>23313351
Who do you think you're rebutting? I don't hate my parents and didn't rebel against them. I maintain a good relationship with them. All I hear on /wwoym/ is people complaining that their parents defined them, usually negatively. Have some personality of your own and quit bitching about how your parents turned you neurotic
>>
>>23313930
>>23313952

Do you have a job?
>>
>>23313955
Anon I'm from America. Moving to Ohio isn't gonna fix your life.
>>
>>23313957
No. Nobody will hire me. I'm not able to compete with the other people looking for work. I struggle a lot. I've been fired from minimum wage jobs for being too slow. And every low ranking job involves dealing with people which I have consistently fumbled every time. I can't act appropriately for some reason. When I speak I end up mumbling. And I m instantly on the backfoot in every conversation. I'm always out of breath at the end and I don't even feel like I'm in control over what I'm saying. By the time its over I can barely remember what I even said
>>
>>23313963
I'm American too. Stop with the black and white thinking. You're just being condescending and obtuse.
>>
>>23313970
Damn... sorry to hear all that. I was gonna suggest something I've said on here before, which is get a job at a restaurant (ideally not dishwasher) because becoming friends with your coworkers there is incredibly easy and fluid, as people in that industry/kind of workplace love hanging out with each other + a lot of your coworkers will be in that age range as well as life situation where they'll be amicable to socializing and expanding their social circle through coworkers.
>>
>>23313984
I've been fired from being a busboy and a barback. When I asked why they just say im too slow
>>
>>23313989
Fug, yeah, happens. Well, maybe try again. I guess you'll always have us on /lit/ to talk to lol.
>>
>>23313996
I think I'm going to kill myself. I just can't make a life for myself. I have no future. I'm lonely as hell. I'm a virgin loser at my age. I'd be ashamed if I had a dad like me. Nothing I do from here on will ever make up for what I missed out on. I hate every adult that's ever been a part of my life who lead me so wrong. I'd be better off as an orphan feral child.
>>
>>23314009
Fug, anon :/ Do you write at all? If so, that kinda craft can be enough to justify life.
>>
The Aztecs are considered North American? I thought they were Central American like the Mayans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythologies_of_the_Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas#Northern_America
>>
>>23314018
I tried but I'm not good and I didn't really like it. I don't know how to build a plot. I ain't motivated to write sdmuch as I briefly settled for it because I couldn't do anything else
>>
>>23314009
Read To Stay Alive: A Method by Michel Houllebecq. It’s a short little essay by a renowned novelist who explains that writing is for him a way of coping with suffering in life. As a writer, he identified literature but one not need to be a writer to cope. One can cope with any vocation, passion, hobby, or interest that one can pour their suffering and misery into. The idea is to take all that pain and transmute it into something worthwhile. And if that doesn’t help you, spend a couple of months reading Roman poetry and philosophy before you opt out of life. Just trust me on that.
>>
>>23314032
Well, I'm sorry I don't really have much to offer in the way of advice to improve your lot in life. I wish you the best, anon, and I pray that things take a turn for the better for you. Are you not in college? At least if you could be on your way to a successful career, making good money, that could be your bedrock for your life, your reason to get up in the morning, your measurement of progress and achievement.
>>
>>23313855
>>23313858
I don’t doubt that you walk around. You’ve never even been to these cities if you think anywhere in California is more walkable. I would know because I’ve lived in both.
>>
>>23314039
But I'm not sure its helping my cope at all.
>>23314044
No I'm almost 30. I lost.
>>
>>23314039
He literally wrote a book making fun of people like me anon. I'm a virgin loser. No meaningful life experiences. I'm barren
>>
>>23314045
I didn't say walkable city you jackass. I said I walk around my neighborhood. Typical il/lit/erate
>>
>>23314027
Mexico is North America
>>
>>23314061
NTA but Why would you bring this up in a conversation about walkable cities
>>
>>23314039
I can't really maintain the reading hobby anymore. I tried to read plato but I just dropped it at book 1
I realize I simply didn't care at all. And if I'm too phillistine for plato why even bother
>>
>>23314039
Houellebecq is a weird case where his suffering briefly turned him into a great writer. The moment he got famous he really lost the magic.
>>
>>23314085
The essay is not fundamentally about reading. It’s about finding something that makes living worthwhile. If you don’t believe your life is inherently worthwhile, then the solution is obviously to live in a certain way that is worthwhile.
>>
>>23314055
You can still go back to school at your age.
>>
>>23314116
I've already tried at that
>>23314119
I'm done with school. Already graduated and it fucked up my life bad. I wish I never went. I wish I dropped out of high-school
>>
>>23314136
What? Your degree didn't provide you training and open doors to getting good jobs?
>>
>>23314142
No
>>
>>23314145
Well, then you can always go back to college and get a degree in something you can put to use. Even if just a community college so you can get easy federal aid to possibly make it free. Or go and get some tech certifications and get into that. My point is life is never hopeless, there are always things you can do. Sure, some things in life may remain forever elusive or outright inaccessible but not everything. I mean, fuck, if you really are on the verge of killing yourself, I'd just get a job and get on fuckin' heroin or something. That'll give you something worth living for.
>>
NEW >>23314204

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.