[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Tao Lin.png (470 KB, 747x710)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
Honest thoughts on Tao Lin? Is he the most interesting prose stylist of his time? Did he really cure his autism?
>>
>>23313359
He was pretty good, but it looks like he's done with literature. He posted a few days ago that he will work on some essay book this year and then on his self help book next year. His Twitter is all about health improvement. His reading list shows he read like three novels this year.
>>
File: 0347.png (55 KB, 731x471)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>23313401
This is what he just posted a few minutes ago, an example for a harmless, somewhat unimpressive normie tier take. It really provokes one to propose a theory of art: At first the artist is maladjusted, unhappy, thinks illogically and produces interesting art. Then he "cures" himself, becomes well-adjusted, happier, stops producing art and starts posting these kind of logical, well-adjusted insights on Twitter.
>>
>>23313482
I recently finished Leave Society, it being my first of his. It seemed much like a semi-autobiographic flow of mind story. Of course the character in it is him right? He seems a lot like the hypochondriac health nut like Lee in the story. Alright book, special and kinda comfy. The absolute lack of any plot progression kinda hampers it although of course every book doesn't need one.
>>
>>23314075
Yeah, he calls it autofiction, so fictionalized autobiography or autobiographical fiction, though I think he said that everything described actually took place. Which explains why it doesn't have a conventional plot progression.
>>
>>23313359
I just finished ‘Leave Society’ after seeing it reccomended here a month or so ago.

He comes across as relatable and genuine to me. I don’t see him as some holy figure in some ivory tower looking down on us. Rather I found his life very relatable. His family stories, his distrust of authority (maybe to the point of being considered crazy). He takes his charge of his life, reads and makes decision based on his individual experience. There’s something beautiful about this.

He’s on a journey. We’re all on a journey. There is no rule book, but I found it comforting to read about his struggles….makes it not feel so lonely (especially as someone with teeth problems :) )
>>
>>23313359
Go to bed Tao
>>
>>23313359
based twitter he buries cheese and shit
>>
>>23313359
I have immense, unimpeded love for this man named Tao Lin
>>
>>23315241
The pigs will be back

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.