[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709759958698419.jpg (959 KB, 3766x2568)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
What's the most /lit/ experience you've ever had with a fortune cookie?

Are some brands more /lit/ than others?

Are fortune cookies getting better, or have they been getting worse? What were the good old days of Fortune Cookies like, and how have we strayed from them?

If you were in charge of an establishment that served fortune cookies, what sorts of things would you try to make sure they included?
>>
I had a little collection of fortunes for a while, but I had to throw them out. One day I'll start up the collection again.
>>
>>23313538
I’ve got a good collection of about 200+ fortunes. I carry a little clip of ~50 on me and I pull them out in social events so people can read one as a sort of icebreaker. The best ones are funny or the ones that just tell you something good. There are a lot of them that are just riffs on old sayings, I have a few that are one word long, I’ve even seen some that are movie quotes. I’ve seen some “adult” themed ones but I don’t have any in my collection. There are probably only 2-3 companies that make them- quality is pretty standard across the board. Bad fortunes are usually just contentious or confusing.
>>
>>23313538
The ones at Panda Express are essentially compliments.

The real ones are at the Chinese restaurants which sound like vague threats

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.