[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711224348659960.gif (349 KB, 140x140)
349 KB
349 KB GIF
Got 40 mins left in the audiobook. What next? How bad is Children of Dune, really?
>>
>>23314291
Children of Dune isn't that bad, at least I didn't think so, but it's nowhere near as good as Dune or God Emperor of Dune. The real low point of the series is Heretics of Dune, assuming we're only talking about the Frank Herbert books that is. I'd rank it above Heretics and Chapterhouse, personally, but lower than Dune: Messiah.
>>
Heretics is definitely the low point. Dreadfully boring book. Chapterhouse isn't great but manages to be more entertaining than Heretics at least. My personal ranking is God Emperor > Dune > Messiah > Children > Chapterhouse > Heretics.
>>
>>23314907
Heretics is much more tolerable than Children. CoD is nothing but political machinations and interior monologue and Bene Gesserit shenanigins. OP I would recommnd skipping Children, or at least skimming a synopsis so you can get to Herbert's masterpiece God Empoeror. Then read Heretics and then stop because that's as good as the series gets
>>
File: 1700693428838651.gif (969 KB, 220x208)
969 KB
969 KB GIF
>>23314921
>skipping a book in a series
Who does this?
>>
>>23314921
>Implying that God Emperor also wasn't all monologues from the God Emperor of Dune.
Seriously, don't skip Children of Dune. It's really not that difficult to get through, and it's important so you can understand what happens next.
>>23314907
Mostly my rating, too, except I would switch Dune and God Emperor of Dune. And Chapterhouse was leagues better than Heretics, even if it wasn't at the level of the first four books.
>>
>>23314907
>>23314961
Just finished Heretics, glad to hear Chapterhouse is better.
>>
Just finished Dune Messiah and now I'm on chapter one of Children. I would say Messiah was satisfying if nothing else.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.