[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Read a chapter of the bible today, anon, and tell us what you notice.

Do you have any questions?

Sin separates us from God. Jesus is the only way out of the curse of sin to the kingdom of eternal life.

https://discord.gg/5hWy4PWs
>>
Why did God curse Martin Luther to shit blood, and is there a complete archive of his letters somewhere so I can read more about his crippling poop issues?

>'The Lord has struck me in the behind with heavy pain; my excrements are so hard that I am forced to push them out with great force so that I'm sweating. And the more I postpone it, the harder the excrements get. Yesterday I have defecated for the first time in four days. Because of that I could not sleep all night and still have no peace. Please, pray for me!' (to Melanchthon, 12.5.1521, WA BR 2, 333)

>'My ass has gone bad. The Lord visits me.' (to Amsdorff, same day. WA BR 2,334)

>'Today I have defecated the first time in six days, the stool was so hard, I nearly died. Now I am sitting here like a woman who has given birth: lacerated, wounded, stained with blood. Tonight I will not even have a little bit of sleep.' (to Spalatin, 9.9.1521, WA BR 2,388)

>'My anus and my stomach have finally made peace with me so that I do not need medicine any more. I am as healthy in all things as I have been before, thanks be to God.' (to Spalatin, 7.10.1521, WA BR 2,395)
>>
Isaiah 59:14-20 still seems very relevant thousands of years later.

Justice is turned back,
and righteousness stands far away;
for truth has stumbled in the public squares,
and uprightness cannot enter.
Truth is lacking,
and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey.

The Lord saw it, and it displeased him
that there was no justice.
He saw that there was no man,
and wondered that there was no one to intercede;
then his own arm brought him salvation,
and his righteousness upheld him.
He put on righteousness as a breastplate,
and a helmet of salvation on his head;
he put on garments of vengeance for clothing,
and wrapped himself in zeal as a cloak.
According to their deeds, so will he repay,
wrath to his adversaries, repayment to his enemies;
to the coastlands he will render repayment.
So they shall fear the name of the Lord from the west,
and his glory from the rising of the sun;
for he will come like a rushing stream,
which the wind of the Lord drives.

“And a Redeemer will come to Zion,
to those in Jacob who turn from transgression,” declares the Lord.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.