[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1517886976028.jpg (48 KB, 708x520)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I want to buy book that covers all the logical fallacies in detail in hardcover preferably, does anyone have a book like this?
>>
no sorry
>>
>>23322597
>Logical fallacy is when something I dont like
You have to understand logic first. Fallacies are just inconsistencies. Its like saying list every wrong answer to a math question.
You dont even understand the nature of an inconsistency or logic itself, or nature.
>>
>>23322597
On Sophistical Refutations by Aristotle
Straight and Crooked Thinking
>>
>>23322608
Strunk & White is bullshit. Paradise Lost violates every rule in that book
>>
>>23322597
When I was a kid, I thought Lex Luthor was a black dude. It surprised to find me that he wasn't supposed to be African American.
>>
There was a time when OP would be a troll and he would have masterfully gotten a large number of anons to spend hours arguing about a tiny little semantic detail and when it was over they would have congratulated OP. I miss old/lit/.
>but it is a troll!
Even worse, just come off like a moron either way.
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (208 KB, 696x1000)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>23322597
I own it too, but on kindle
>>
>>23322597
There is no such thing as logical fallacies so there can't be such a book
Most "logical fallacies" are a way to evade a perfectly consistent argument
You can take a piece of hardbound paper and write "I don't like X proposition, give me more of what I consider to be evidence"
And you'd have all "fallacies" in one
>>
>>23322597
Knowledge, Reality, and Value - Mike Huemer
An outstanding introduction to philosophical thinking that outlines statistical fallacies and how some informal fallacies are acceptable inductive inferences (e.g., for most of our beliefs, appealing to popularity is an acceptable inductive shortcut).
>>
File: 1694285991863570.jpg (733 KB, 1600x1131)
733 KB
733 KB JPG
>>23322597
How many of the logical fallacies are actually just methods of rhetoric?
>>
why buy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.