[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Newbie writer here. I know nothing about anything.

What advice can you give me in writing rwby fanfiction?

So far, I seem to be struggling the most with writing dialogue for characters that actually sound like it would match well with how they talk in Canon.

Regardless, any and all advice is appreciated, thank you.
>>
>>23322851
>What advice can you give me in writing rwby fanfiction?
Write 1000 pages of hot lesbian sex or find something else to do with your time.
>>
File: pepethefrogmemeimage.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
how can i write a bestseller?
1. i dont care for rwby
2. i can barely form sentences
3. i can barely form thoughts
4. i have vocab of a slow esl teenager
5. i have read less than 5 books in my life (children's lit and max 120pages)
>>
>>23322857
That's really weird. You're being weird.
>>
>>23322857
Aren't the characters all pubescent teenagers?
>>
>>23322851
It's fanfiction dude. Just write whatever you want and put it up, most people won't actually critique you. Well, most of the time.
On AO3, the vast majority of comments are just "ZOMG this is so good!!" regardless of quality, I blame this on it being a community that attracts female autists with its tagging systems.
On FFN there's a lot more genuine autistic people lurking, it's why every group that wants to "Save fanfiction!" since the great consolidation of the mid 00s comes from there. Really just pick your poison. I post to both and the worst I got from FFN was a guy going "Hey, that's not how REAL science works" in regards to a character doing some genetic editing, in a narrative with time travel and a harem subplot.
>>
>>23322851
Just make RWBY, but have Ruby be a violent bigot and have Bumblebee be portrayed as unambiguously toxic and degenerate
>>
>>23322851
Fanfiction discussion is forbidden unfortunately
>>>/lit/rules

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.