[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1674014959948633.gif (1.5 MB, 220x220)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>Paris, you now can taken Helen as your wife, I command you, I am a godess
>WTF, why did you do that, imbecile
>Now you will suffer a horrible death and your city will be destroyed
>>
>>23323706
The Greeks were literally retarded. All that death and destruction for the sake of some roastie.
>>
>>23323706
Just because one god says it's okay doesn't mean you have permission from the whole team. He was an imbecile for giving a real answer to the question of the golden apple.
>>
>>23323706
Aphrodite is not Olympus. Basically
>>23323732
>>
>you better avenge your dead father you son of a bitch or I'll send vengeful demons to pursue you for all eternity
>yeah, you didn't oughta have avenged your father, looks like I'm going to have send vengeful demons to pursue you for all eternity
>>
>>23323732
>He was an imbecile for giving a real answer to the question of the golden apple.
He was a dumbass for many reasons. It would have been more boring to make it legalistic, but he should have asked for a reward only from Zeus, and an oath from the Goddesses to not wreck his shit.

Then given it to Athena, obviously.
>>
>>23324136
I like how the conclusion of all that is that even Athena can't make up her fucking mind, and the first jury trial in history has to be held to let Orestes off the hook.
>>
>>23323706
What this actually means is the situation was giving all the signals his trained intuition interpreted as an invitation to expand his power. Ideas like "beautiful princess" have heavy cultural baggage, taking a bride is political. Simply boiled down the princess as a symbol across time and cultures represents legitimate rule, she is loved by the people as a daughter of their land. When the conqueror shows her respect he's showing the people respect. When he takes her as a bride he's taking the land.
Instead of expanding his power he started a world war that eventually destroyed his culture and language.
>>
The entire point was Troy was doomed.
Any goddess he picked would have resulted in Troy being destroyed because the gods wanted to get rid of the demigods
>>
>>23323708
The whole Illiad is about how it's retarded to go to war over a roastie. Especially Achilles' part of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.