[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2267.jpg (85 KB, 651x1000)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Ok, so why is this novel split into four parts? I just reached the second part and I found it significantly easier to follow than the first part so far. Are each part supposed to signify something different or is it just Pynchon arbitrarily splitting the novel into parts just for the sake of it?
>>
I think your question will be answered if you just keep reading the book.
>>
>is he arbitrarily splitting it
I'll feed you baby bird. Take a look at the image in this link
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/3-D-trajectory-of-sounding-rocket-superimposed-on-terrain-map_fig14_220396299.

Then google "narrative arc." Yer a litmin now
>>
>>23323869
wait a sec... that is the same shape as a rainbow.... my God.
>>
>>23323890
Uhh no it isn't
>>
>>23323776
It is primarily a way to get away with the stylistic changes required to effective convey the needed information to the reader while also signalling to the reader that something is about to change, PAY ATTENTION and figure out what or you are going to be lost.
>>23323869
Even if he did not break up the book into 4 parts the narrative arc would still be there. Stupid and condescending don't really work together.
>>
To the anon waiting for my script, still working on it. My bash skills have declined more than I realized and I had to relearn a bunch of stuff.
>>
>Major Marvey sucks NIGGERS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.