[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2487.jpg (1.15 MB, 1779x2397)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Just got this fella what am I in for bros
>>
>>23323926
Leto's a cunt.
>>
>>23323926
Allot of cuckoldry.
>>
>>23323926
middling slop with atrocious prose and entirely redundant inner monologues
>>
i just read it a week ago.
the general heppenings are kinda hollywoody.
big unknowable monster - discovers its humanity.
pondering about it right now high, i seem to recall a lot of scenes from the book. i generally like it, it aint any high tier lit, from the prespective of lit. it kinda straight forward english sci fi, with cool dillemas charchters are faced with due to technological and wordly conditions herbert sculpterd, after 3000 or so years of leto rule in dune.
aint no dune, but maybe it cause i read dune wen teenager and am plus 30 now.
i found it much less psychologically powerfull than dune and much more as i said earlier, a good sci fi flick. it was a fun read.

i liked the ending. i liked the charchter build of a human who rules for 3000 years and every one else lives till 200 or something.
i liked the different plots.
it has moments of epic due to physical sizes
of spaces described.
its a good pass time read 6/10 maybe a seven, cant say ill reread it anytime soon
if to reread, ill probable reread dune.
>>
>>23323926
The all-time greatest version of the necessary evil trope. Leto II is an utterly unique character, and you spend most of the book walking through various aspects of his design gradually gaining an understanding of where the Golden Path is leading and why it must be. Arguably the peak of the series.
>>
>>23323926
he ain't that big sadly, only like 20 feet
>>
>muh oil
>muh Arabs
>muh hardships
>>
I got sick of Children like 1/4 of the way in. It worth finishing for God Emperor, Heretics, and Chapterhouse?
>>
Midwit slop held up by a fanbase of ravenous illiterates genre dweebs.
>>
>>23325825
God Emperor is worth finishing Children for. Heretics was easily the worst of them so far. Haven't read Chapterhouse yet.
>>
>>23325830
They're really not that bad, anon. Actually pretty good by sci-fi standards.
>>
>>23323926
Leto pontificating for half the book, and comedic ending
>>
>>23325825
>God Emperor
Barely, it has decent moments but overall is boring
>Heretics
No but it is a hard 6/10
>Chapterhouse?
Unreadable, I only slogged through it to finish the series

Honestly if you find Children of Dune boring then just call it quits on the series because it drops off like a cliff after it
>>
File: 1710601243202877.jpg (32 KB, 518x600)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>23323926
Gang signs
>>
>>23326142
I don't find Children of Dune boring; I just can't stand the changes Frank makes to the world. Messiah did the same thing but to a lesser degree. He adds and changes so much that it feels like a world of retcons. And he ruins every character.
>>
>>23323926
The greatest filter of the last century.
>>
>>23325908
Chapterhouse is even worse. Genuinely don't bother.
>>
>>23326328
Gotta finish it now, man, only one book left. I'll power through. Heretics pulled out some interesting ideas in the last 3 chapters, I wanna see how they play out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.