[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm looking for suggested readings on very eccentric historical figures. People who carried strong stage presence and commanded attention. Not out of fear or respect but because of the uniqueness of their personality combined with their talents. Anyone have suggestions? For example, I heard Da Vinci was a strange fellow according to people who met him. So I picked up a book about him recently.
>>
>>23324586
Any biography of Wagner

https://wagnertripping.blogspot.com/2013/03/richard-wagners-personality.html#:~:text=If%20people%20caught%20him%20on,abrupt%20end%20to%20the%20fun.
>>
>>23324586
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

>John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar (16 September 1906 – 8 March 1996) was a British Army officer. Nicknamed "Fighting Jack Churchill" and "Mad Jack", he fought in the Second World War with a longbow, a basket-hilted Scottish broadsword, and a set of bagpipes.
>As the Pacific War was still on, Churchill was sent to Burma,[6] where some of the largest land battles against Japan were being fought. By the time Churchill reached India, Hiroshima and Nagasaki had been bombed, and the war ended. Churchill was said to be unhappy with the sudden end of the war: "If it wasn't for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years!"
>>
>>
>>23324586
Any biography of Sir Richard Francis Burton

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.