[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1694504483271371.jpg (92 KB, 900x900)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Why don't you just buy your books from Amazon?
>>
>>23326154
I have and for some reason I hate new editions and onions out over vintage editions and used books.
>>
>>23326154
Because I have a wife and children to support with a meager income. I never pay more than three dollars for a volume.
>>
Amazon published books have that godawful waxy covering on the outside
>>
>>23326154
Because they're cheaper at the thrift store and I don't have to wait for shipping.
>>
>>23326154
>Why don't you just buy your books from Amazon?

I have a library card.
>>
>>23326329
came here to say this. also, downloading for free
>>
>>23326353
Having fun isn't hard when you have a library card
>>
>>23326154
Because my neighbors steal every parcel. They can't read, so if they find a book inside they'll just throw it away.
>>
Even Barnes & Noble is better for readers (and writers) than Amazon.
>>
>>23326154
Because Amazon is spreading globohomo throughout the world and seeks to destroy all culture and replace it with AI slop.
>>
Because I buy them from Thriftbooks for a fraction of the price and receive rewards points for doing so. Anything I can't find on Thriftbooks I buy from Amazon or download from libgen, though.
>>
>>23327033
Amazon is just a marketplace with a bunch of stores and usually you get a good price. Just saying
>>
>>23326154
I like the excuse to get out of the house and peruse the bookstore downtown
>>
>>23327052
I can’t buy books at a bookstore. I just can’t fucking do it. I feel constantly judged. Few things are more personally revealing than what you choose to read.
>>
>>23326154
Thrift store by my house does 3 paperbacks for a dollar
>>
>>23326193
Why doesn’t your wife get a job?
>>
They always arrive beaten up. Same for CD jewel cases.
>>
Before I stopped using Amazon since they're helping destroy America by pushing cheap throwaway Made in China products that are probably all toxic as well, I bought several books, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I bought one (5 times before I gave up), I had to send it back AT LEAST once because every single fucking time, they'd either throw the book in a barely-padded envelope, or in an oversized box with no padding, and the cover and sometimes the pages would be all fucked up with permastains, creases, bent corners, etc. Fucking disgusting company.
>>
>>23326154
Because supporting your local bookstore over the evil global megacorporation is not only morally right, but also more fun and a more personal experience.
>>
>>23327033
based thriftbooks user, yeah it's nice to browse through the different editions (got pic related there recently), get rewards and they usually ship pretty fast within europe
>>
File: 170677074811.png (761 KB, 770x500)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
>>23328083
fuck forgot image
>>
>>23328071
What if the owners of my local bookstore looks like this
>>
This shit is over 100 dollars
>>
I actually do
>>
>>23328113
let them GO BROKE
>>
>>23328071
My local bookstore is staffed by commie faggots, I’d much rather give money to Amazon
>>
>>23328113
I purposely go into these stores and turn over all the LGBTQ propaganda. Books, signs, etc. To those that say this does nothing, I disagree. It's better than doing nothing and constantly reminds them that people are willing to fight back, even in small ways. I'm not destroying property, I'm not accosting them and turning them against me, I'm insidiously reminding them that a silent majority is always out there, disgusted at their actions.
>>
>>23327271
but what I read is based.... last weekend I asked the qt clerk if they has the nigger of the narcissus by Conrad.
>>
>>23326154
Because libraries are great
>>
>>23328893
No they quite literally are not.
>>
>>23328898
Put up your dukes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.