[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

so... what was the deal with this thing?
>>
Secularized Christcuckery.
>>
>>23329994
something about how desiring something attracts that thing into your life or something. sounds like /x/
>>
>>23329994
Midwits will never stop congratulating themselves for having been able to avoid this retard magnet. Congrats you graduated from "baby's first critical thinking playground" -- now stop talking about "The Secret" because everybody who has an appropriately equipped mental faculty is not vulnerable to falling for it and regarding those who are: you can not reason with them in the first place.
>>
>>23330058
Not entirely untrue. I see a lot of gen z kids claim they have no free will and dive further into dopamine addiction. It’s self inflicted.
>>
>>23329994
The promise of free stuff by low effort
>dude just write down what you want on a piece of paper and have it around with you and you'll eventually get what you wish for
It is /x/ but unlike >>23330065
I believe it works to a certain extent (autosuggestion, wiring your mind towards one thing) but that you're entering a bargain with the devil when you do it.
>>
>>23330116
>you're entering a bargain with the devil when you do it.
spooky shit
>>
>>23329994
>After the death of her father in 2004, Byrne became very depressed. At the instigation of her daughter Hayley, she read The Science of Getting Rich (1910) by Wallace D. Wattles. She began to work on The Secret.[4]

It's obvious as fuck she realized writing up a scam phenomenon would garner her mega money. Hence, The Secret was born.
>>
>>23330065
Gongrats on midwitting yourself into not utilizing life's most potent tool. The irony is delicious.
>>
>>23330065
>retard magnet, critical thinking playground, midwits
Beware of horse shoe theory.

>>23330459
>life's most important tool?
Explanation needed
>>
>>23329994
Saw the documentary and it was fine. I was recommended The Magic as a much better book but I didn't read it.
I've read Dr. Joe Dispenza's book Becoming Supernatural and loved it, there is a bunch of science in it to back up some of its claims but I didn't delve deeper.
>>
File: crazy bitch.jpg (66 KB, 900x900)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>23329994
The Law of Attraction is basically just an obfuscated way to make retards think in an effective way. Most people walk around in various states of learned helplessness so when they read some shit like The Secret that tells you
>be true to your nature, think in a way that will have results and execute, this is literally magic

it will blow their minds when they change their thoughts and start seeing results in their lives. Of course the problem is that teaching people this little effective trick also allows you to grift the shit out of them since you rocked their world so hard.
>>
>>23330971
>there is a bunch of science in it to back up some of its claims
Like what
>>
>>23329994
my cousin believes in this shit lmao
>>
If you can get nice things for yourself by thinking in a "good" way, doesn't that also mean that all the bad things are because you are thinking in a bad way?

So all the children who get bone cancer or whatever, just brought it on themselves. Or maybe their parents didn't think too well. The entire continent of africa seems to be bringing aids and shit to themselves with their thinking
>>
remember metaphysics is fake, that's why the gub mint has to keep nailing prophets to crosses, it's all just a prank
>>
>>23329994
About 60% common sense motivation with 40% magical thinking to make it appear like the "universe" (for people who just can't stand the sound of "god" anymore) is listening.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.