[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 11013.jpg (20 KB, 280x412)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>
>>23533629
NGMI if it takes you more than a paragraph or two to see this drivel for what it is. My poetry from 4th grade is stronger stuff
>>
>>23533629
>Lead, kindly fowl! They always did: ask the ages. What bird has done yesterday man may do next year, be it fly, be it moult, be it hatch, be it agreement in the nest. For her socioscientific sense is sound as a bell, sir, her volucrine automutativeness right on normalcy: she knows, she just feels she was kind of born to lay and love eggs (trust her to propagate the species and hoosh her fluffballs safe through din and danger!); lastly but mostly, in her genesic field it is all game and no gammon; she is ladylike in everything she does and plays the gentleman's part every time. Let us auspice it! Yes, before all this has time to end the golden age must return with its vengeance. Man will become dirigible, Ague will be rejuvenated, woman with her ridiculous white burden will reach by one step sublime incubation, the manewanting human lioness with her dishorned discipular manram will lie down together publicly flank upon fleece. No, assuredly, they are not justified, those gloompourers who grouse that letters have never been quite their old selves again since that weird weekday in bleak Janiveer (yet how palmy date in a waste's oasis!) when to the shock of both, Biddy Doran looked at literature.
absolute kino
>>
>>23533658
congrats you find 1 of the (at most) 10 paragraphs Joyce wrote with some lucidity, doesn't make it masterful
>>
>>23533700
How many paragraphs would make it masterful?
>>
>>23533722
80% of the book at least
>>
It's a 600 page schizo meltdown. Joyce is almost certainly laughing himself silly at all the self important dildos praising the steaming pile of shit as a transcendent masterpiece.
>>
>>23533949
It took him 17 years to write FW. I doubt it was just for trolling (it would be based if it was tho)
>>
>>23533629
It's musical (read aloud). He was a guitarist and Wagnerphile, after all--
>>
fecalpheliac
>>
>>23533988

you have a history of trolling for less time than that? you seem like an 18 or 19 kind of fellow. And you would assume eye patch man had it less than you?? pffwah
>>
>>23533997
Ive read it out loud. Paradise Lost has better prosody
>>
>>23533700
What about two?
>The siss of the whisp of the sigh of the softzing at the stir of the ver grose O arundo of a long one in midias reeds: and shades began to glidder along the banks, greepsing, greepsing, duusk unto duusk, and it was as glooming as gloaming could be in the waste of all peacable worlds. Metamnisia was allsoonome coloroform brune; citherior spiane an eaulande, innemorous and unnumerose. The Mookse had a sound eyes right but he could not all hear. The Gripes had light ears left yet he could but ill see. He ceased. And he ceased, tung and trit, and it was neversoever so dusk of both of them. But still Moo thought on the deeps of the undths he would profoundth come the morrokse and still Gri feeled of the scripes he would escipe if by grice he had luck enoupes.
>>
love coming to these threads to read the seething retards and their dimwit takes.

on my 2nd reading of the book (cover to cover) and it just gets better and better. cry more chuds

>>23533638
>>23533949
>>
>>23536238
What do you like about it? What is your interpretation of it?
>>
>>23533638
>>23533700
>>23533949
Always funny to see people who have never read Ulysses talk about Finnegans Wake. If you had, you'd see more clearly Joyce's ambition
>>
>>23536248
Pseud confirmed
>>
>>23536962
whats your favorite book and whats your interpretation of it, chuddie? :)
>>
>>23537029
I'm not the one pretending to enjoy something for smartboy points :)
>>
>>23537079
do you wish to enjoy finnegans wake?
>>
>>23536962
This dude sucks lmao
>>
i can appreciate how it would probably be the greatest thing ever if you had the right mindset for it but i unfortunately do not have that mindset or any desire to inflict it on myself
ulysses was the sweet spot for me
>>
>>23533629
>Next on what will they do next shills try to destroy the wake
>>
>>23537910
Finnegans Wake is brilliant. Cope

captcha: NGHWRR

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.