[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When James Joyce took his schizophrenic daughter to Carl Jung, Jung said
>You are both in the same water, but you are swimming and she is drowning.
>>
>>23535983
She couldn't come to terms with the fart fetish? Or with being a retarded faggot?
>>
>>23535983
Damn, Jung was a drama queen
>>
It's almost a meme at this point, but it is interesting to consider that certain types of genius bear an uncanny resemblence to mental illness.
>>
>>23535983
That's pretty cool, where'd you read that?
>>
Jung was a faggot.
>>
Wow that's deep bro. I hope Joyce didn't pay him for that lol
>>
>>23536000
That’s Freud’s job
>>
>>23537220
You have much to learn, young grasshopper
>>
>>23537220
He was smarter than you'll ever be
>>
>>23537220
T. drowner
>>
>>23538968
That may be true, but it doessn't change my earlier accusation about his sexuality.
>>
>>23535983
>heard this anecdote for the first time yesterday by way of a lecture recording from the 1980s
>come to /lit/ today for the first time in months
>this thread is here
synchronicity really got me feeling like a schizo today
>>23536004
>>23537220
Jung was right, at least in this instance, Joyce's daughter went totally insane.
Though Joyce himself demonstrates the way that schizophrenia is a knife edge on which brilliance can walk, both Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake demonstrate that.
>>23538968
Jung dickriders are such insufferable faggots, go back to your subreddit. Jung doesn't need you to suck his cock the way that teenagers defend popstars.
>>
>>23539128
Was this on creativity and genius lecture cause I had the same synchronicity
>>
test
>>
>>23535983
Based quote.
>>
>>23535983
This was pretty insightful of Jung. It's often found that relatives of those with schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders show benign manifestations of the same tendencies and are usually much more creative and associative than the general population. In fact, if you look up famous artists or poets you frequently find that they had a sibling or parent with schizophrenia.
>>
>>23539608
David Bowie had a schizophrenic aunt
Syd Barret went schizo
Van Gogh was schizo
Joyce was probably on the schizo spectrum
Jung himself was probably on the schizo spectrum
PKD was schizophrenic
Among other philosophers, artists, writers, etc.
https://youtu.be/KrlvgARHdzc?si=26e0l7vVwPEarFPS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.