[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

ROMA FOREVER edition

>τὸ πρότερον νῆμα·
>>23525982

>Μέγα τὸ Ἑλληνιστί/Ῥωμαϊστί·
https://mega dot nz/folder/FHdXFZ4A#mWgaKv4SeG-2Rx7iMZ6EKw

>Mέγα τὸ ANE
https://mega dot nz/folder/YfsmFRxA#pz58Q6aTDkwn9Ot6G68NRg

>Work in progress FAQ
https://rentry dot co/n8nrko

Remember to keep on track. Discuss Greek or Latin.
>>
Note to janitor/mods: this is the official general as it has been going for months as one can check in the archives, if you have to, delete the other one made by the local troll.This is the sole legitimate /clg/ thread. Future postings are to be counted as spam, since this one came first and upholds /clg/'s Rule 1. In case of spam, please delete other /clg/ threads posted while this one is still active.

ὁ κακουργοπίθηκος οὔτ' Ἑλληνιστὶ οὔτε Ῥωμαϊστὶ δύναται διαλέγεσθαι καὶ εἰ σεαυτὸν προσποιούμενος ὡς φύλακα τῶν παλαιῶν γλοττῶν

Reminder:
First rule of /clg/:
This is a space dedicated to the discussion and learning of the languages studied for a Classical Philology degree in the US, UK, and its Commonwealth. Kindly keep comments on-topic and about Greek and Latin only. If you would like to discuss other languages with significant to literary traditions, you are free to do so in your own thread.
>>
Does anyone ever actually use "in" to mean "about" or is that just a weird edge case?
>>
any CC anons still lurking? what did you guys use to learn?
>>
>>23536514
I think there are some Cicero Classics enthusiasts around here!
>>
>>23536531
fascicle
>>
>>23536531
Get crucified you repulsive spic
>>
>Dicis formonsam, dicis te, Bassa, puellam:
>istud quae non est dicere, Bassa, solet.
Why is Martial using "te" instead of "se" in the first line, shouldn't that be a reflexive pronoun? It would scan just the same as well.
>>
>>23536433
>This is a space dedicated to the discussion and learning of the languages studied for a Classical Philology degree in the US, UK, and its Commonwealth
You know what, first give a coherent defense of this "rule" before you go on. I would like to read your retarded babbling
>>
>>23536554
We don't have to give a defense. You do. Classics means Greek and Latin since thousands of years. The hindoos and death worshippers have only been read for a few hundred. You argue against tradition.
>>
Ito, tibi hortor, Textkit, ne te eripiant in mediocritatem fasciculumes, omnino qui expertes sunt illius caloris quam tam cupide cupimus humanitatis, tantum sibi studentes se pedicari ut decet fasciculumes, los eorum totos.
Ego seriosamente spero quod tu me escuchabas, ne el pessimus de los fasciculumes fias.
>>
>>23536556
>means Greek and Latin since thousands of years
You can't even write english without mentally translating Spanish. Anyways, then why not add Hebrew given the popularity of Kabbalists and Rosicrucians among intellectuals, both of which employ Hebrew?
>>
>>23536561
Posted it again award LOL
>>
>>23536563
Blew your cover kike
>>
DOES NOBODY HERE KNOW HOW TO REPORT AND IGNORE?
JESUS CHRIST, YOU'RE SHITTING UP THE GENERAL JUST AS MUCH AS HIM AT THIS POINT
>>
Incontinentia Buttocks
>>
>>23536568
not the general LLPSisters... anything butt the general...
>>
>>23536567
Not a yid, and that's not an answer. Since you're clearly a subhuman bydlo mestizo spic, please also explain why you feel you possess any authority to make decisive statements
>>
>>23536569
Fodere tu
>>
>>23536571
No racism on 4chan!
>>
>>23536579
You literally just called him a kike
>>
>>23536568
I usually hide his posts, sorry about today but I'm in a shitposting mood. I'm also actually annoyed with him to an extent because he might have actually annoyed some eastern language posters to the point of leaving given the current thread quality
>>
>>23536583
Stop giving him credit, it feeds his nature.
>>
>>23536579
What the other anon said. You genuinely may be the stupidest troll I've seen in years. Please explain what disliking jews has to do with classical study
>>
>>23536588
Sorry again, I blame work
>>
>>23536591
Non vado a explicarete nihil. Tu non id merentur
Vade fodere tu mater fasciculum
>>
>>23536607
lol that took you a while to write spic. Go back to eating bananas, you're in the wrong place
>>
>>23536616
And you're still a fasciculum LOL
Go back to pedicaboing men
>>
>>23536620
So you admit to being a troll with no actual argument who just wants to ruin the thread for the pleasure of your spic mind?
>>
>>23536631
Yep, just call him a spic and he regresses to an infantile state
>>
>>23536624
Dixit quod ego non iba a explicarete nihil. Non pone vocabulum in mi bocca. Ego sum et sempre sere melior quod tu, fasciculum
>>
>>23536638
Wetback wetback wetback wetback wetback
You're not worth any post more serious than this
>>
>>23536642
Occidere tu
Sum blancus purum
>>
It's funny to envision him seething and desperately trying to string together a coherent sentence to reply to my posts. Anyways I'll stop shitting up the thread now, I hope we can have some actual discussion about many classical languages once again
>>23536654
>Ook ook AAK
How strange, another funny post
>>
>>23536638
*Dixi me nihil expositurum. Noli ponere vocabula in os meum. Neque hominis nec bestiae quidem dignus sum nomine.
>>
>>23536668
Dear god shut up
>>
>>23536676
You will always be too stupid to learn another language unlike /clg/chads.
>>
>>23536685
t. इच्छन्तिक
To other posters, use this decent thread instead: >>23536600
>>
Anyway, this is our fault for using his thread. Anon made another one if you guys want to start over:
>>23536600
>>23536600
>>23536600
This one can be used for shitposting I guess
>>
File: 1717566997185.png (439 KB, 1000x1000)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
Retard
>>
File: 1640035409368.gif (1.91 MB, 297x498)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>23536563
>Hebrew
>among intellectuals
>>
>>23536765
>>23536874
numquam femina eris
>>
>>23536552
It is reflexive, with dicis
>>
>>23536712
You're more a troll than he is. Stop trying to shoehorn in off-topic languages. Scram, you cancer.
>>
>>23537351
So rude!
>>
:D

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.