[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718116879283054.jpg (183 KB, 803x611)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
Seriously guys I need books about failed artists, poets, composers whatever. But not that they failed to get any cultural traction but that they simply hate everything they create and never reach their aesthetic goals, even remotely. Surely there are at least two of these.
>>
>>23536540
My diary desu
>>
>>23536547
This. Novels aren't for finding random characters to commiserate with. Read Brothers Karamazov instead.
>>
>>23536580
Novels are for whatever I want them for.
>>
Come on help me out guise
>>
>>23536540
Mars by Fritz Zorn kind of
>>
File: color.png (2.43 MB, 3076x2400)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>23536540
This concept just reminds me of Deido from Souboutei.
>>
>>23539471
How much of the mango revolves around him or art in general?
>>
Theres this book about some guy that posed for Giacometti and be describes how he works and works but then is disappointed with the result every time
>>
>>23539562
>him
He's the main villain and every bad thing that happens is caused by him basically weaponizing HP Lovecraft's Color From Outer Space in his attempts to make "true art".
>art in general
Not much, other than the interactions between Deido and the main character, who is also a failed artist, just much less murderously cynical. They end up having deep philosophical debates on what makes something "art" and how it connects to their backstories. Other than those two, the story is mostly about fighting the eldritch horrors that his paintings have unleashed.
>>
>>23539628
Yeah, that sounds like it would be super bad for my schizophrenia
>>
Books are only written about the winners, not the losers.
>>
Unironically: Suicide is a novel by French writer Édouard Levé, published in 2008. It is considered a long suicide note, as it is a deeply personal and introspective work that explores the author’s own struggles with depression and his eventual decision to take his own life.
>>
The Loser by Thomas Bernhard deals with how people cope with disappointment.
>>
>>23540024
Are you winning ?
>>
>>23536540
Cyril Connoly, Enemies of Promise. You'll like it.
>>
>>23536540
Don't like his music very much, but that quote is the funniest and chaddest shit Schoenberg has ever said
>>
>>23536540
war of art steven pressfield

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.